collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I just spent $200 on this figure/doll 0__0  (Read 7477 times)

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: I just spent $200 on this figure/doll 0__0
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
He's fantastic! Congrats! And he definitely won't be a waste, that's for sure. He's a collectable investment which will give you years of enjoyment. It's fine to splurge on ones self every now and again. Seriously... 200$ is a great price for something so painstakingly sculpted... Not to mention the costume and accessories! Also, for the amount of detail put into the realistic skin tone and glossy eyes, I'd expect the price to be much higher.

...Says another BJD addict...  :lol:

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 05:20:24 AM »
That figure looks like someone shrunk Tom Hiddleston down and put him in your hand. It's absolutely amazing!

I want a tiny Tom Hiddleston!!! XD

I'll fight you for him!

No, seriously, that looks *awesome*.

Thor, on the other hand, has a facial expression that looks like a cross between constipation and confusion.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »
Not a waste! I want the Captain America and the Black Widow ones SO bad...I think they are making Coulson too! I HAVE to have him!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »
 :blink: ..... Thats a doll??? Wow amasing!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 10:45:37 AM »
$200 is not a lot at all for something that amazing O: And I'm not even a big Avengers fan...

Offline tealslippers

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://users.eastlink.ca/~ponies
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 03:30:45 AM »
$200 is a lot of money.  It is a lovely doll, but if you are feeling uneasy, it's likely more than you should be spending because your heart is telling you it's too big a hit of cash for your hobby.  Take some quiet time, with some paper, and write down your budget and really examine whether you can handle paying $200 for your hobby at once.  If, after analyzing, you can, YAY!!!!  If you still feel a little nauseous or you clearly can see it will impact necessities like rent, food, prescriptions, you may wish to cancel the order.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but it's important we take care of the necessities before our hobbies.  <3

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 03:53:31 AM »
Congrats on a really nice figure! If it's something you really want, and you can afford it, then no one can really tell you what amount would be too much to spend on a toy. I've spent money like that on dolls before, but then it has still been a good deal and I know that if I really needed, I could sell it again and get the money back (oh god I hope I wont have to!). It's worse with stuff like cars, furniture and electronics that don't keep their value at all...! ;]

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
$200 is a lot of money.  It is a lovely doll, but if you are feeling uneasy, it's likely more than you should be spending because your heart is telling you it's too big a hit of cash for your hobby.  Take some quiet time, with some paper, and write down your budget and really examine whether you can handle paying $200 for your hobby at once.  If, after analyzing, you can, YAY!!!!  If you still feel a little nauseous or you clearly can see it will impact necessities like rent, food, prescriptions, you may wish to cancel the order.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but it's important we take care of the necessities before our hobbies.  <3

I have to agree with this.

I just bought a $1500 doll on a long layaway from a friend and at first I was uneasy until I realized I could make it work. Though now I'm in another situation of working off another impulse buy and I am nervous about making ends meet because my doggie has to go to the vet. (Right after I put down my non-refundable deposit. lol) So just be careful that you're not stretching it to far. :3

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
OMGS ARE THEY OUT NOW OP?! I thought it was until Dec.!!

I have spent that much on a custom pony. I don't regret it, because he's my favourite pony of all time.

I totally love those Avengers figures lmao!!

I think they are making Coulson too! I HAVE to have him!

THey are!!

Rococo

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 09:52:35 PM »
These all look amazing... I can't say if it was a bad idea for you to purchase him as it's more something for deep introspect (financial situation, etc.), but I would love to see owner pics when it arrives!

Chibitalia

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
I've always wanted a BJD but I just can't justify the cost. ;_; I'm saving up for a Yuno Gasai figurine that's coming out soon but the people who are making her generally sell their toys for around $150-$250 and that feels like a lot to me. I'm hoping that the toy comes out in the $150 range because if it's $250 I won't be able to buy it. So yeah, I definitely feel your pain!

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:05 AM »
Who else wants to take its clothes off?

ps: do they take layway? and how DO you order them?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:39:03 AM by bagheera86 »

Folly

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:38 AM »
Haha, yeah, impulse buys can be a problem (I just blew $40 on wigs that I WAS supposed to use for business related stuff... OOPS.  I keep an emergency reserve for just such situations though :P) but if you know you can afford it and it works out with your budget, there's really nothing to feel bad about.  That excess money would have just gone to smaller frivolous purchases instead of one big one!  I've found that when I'm feeling wonky about purchases going over my budgets and stuff really helps.  Most of the time I realize I can totally afford whatever silly thing I bought and it's not biggie :P

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 04:12:41 AM »
I can't blame you, it looks absolutely amazing. Such nice details and realism in that figure! The price seems a pretty nice price for the great things you'll get, that is, if you can afford it!

I am not aware if I ever really payed that much for dolls/toys/figures/etc.

I did once pay more than $75 for a Zelda book (Hyrule Historia), most of my family members couldn't understand. Oh and of course my lolita brand clothing, people don't like seeing you in cute dresses when they know they cost more than $300 apparently. I still feel bad about that time oh man, bad memories. :cry:

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 09:46:21 AM »
I spent $350 on a Blythe doll a couple of months ago. Total impulse buy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal