collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why do I torture myself? :(  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Why do I torture myself? :(
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »
I don't have anymore spending money this month on ponies, yet I keep looking at all sorts of sites where they sell ponies. The Arena sales threads, Ebay, Etsy, Bonanza, Taobao and so forth and I find sooo much that I would love to get my hands on.

Why oh WHY am I torturing myself like this? Anyone else find themselves doing this too or is it just me? >.< And if you do, how do you manage to controll yourself cuz' I don't know if I can lol.
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Why do I torture myself? :(
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:15:20 PM »
You're far from alone, Desert Rose.  I do the same thing, much to the detriment of my pocketbook.

As for controlling myself... well, not so good.  But I've been lucky to be on holiday the past little while, so I can drag my DS out to the thrift shop so we can pony hunt in person (though with little luck, admittedly), or the library's perpetual second-hand book sale... it's not a perfect substitute for buying the ponies I want online, but it satisfies the buy-something urge. :blush:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
I know how you feel I do the same thing, and it doesn't even have to be ponies. I love buying books and new books are so enjoyable to me. I'll sit and scan through books I cannot have. V_V

Would I be a bad person in pointing out you forgot to mention Ecrater? There are lots of ponies on there as well. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
I do it, too. ^.^ I recently got into Nendoroids and OMG the temptation! I can pre-order without having to pay right now and remembering not to go crazy is hard.

I'm out of spending money for the month because of my tattoo and it's been particularly rough since the Wedding line just hit shelves (FINALLY!) as well. And now people are finding the Collector's set with Nightmare Moon, Zecora and the new BB set that comes with accessories. It's a bad month to be out of money, that's for sure!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
Oh you are a bad person Madhatterda lol XD Now I just had to check that site out and once again found more ponies I want XD
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »
I do this all the time; it's usually ponies or tee shirts. I know I can't buy them (lack of credit card and all...) but they just look so cool. When I have enough of the coolness, I just lay in bed and think about how weird life is.   
:drunk: why do i do this to myself, ughh.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
I always do that.  I even did it during both 30-day challenges that I took part in!

Spring Renewal

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
I know exactly how you feel. I put aside about $20-$30 a month for ponies, video games, books ect.. It's so hard to stop myself from spending more when I see such cute stuff on here and on Ebay.

Someone on here said they like to go to the thrift shops to pony hunt, I love doing that! I actually managed to find a giant 25th anniversary G3 Pinkie Pie plush for a dollar at a Goodwill store. Her hair is funky looking, but I put her in the washing machine and now she's my sleeping buddy.

Novavelle

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »
I search when I do and don't have money, and it seems like I only find things when I don't have money.... it sucks....

but you're in good company we all shop :P

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »
I do this constantly, but mostly with dolls and doll-related things (clothing, accessories, etc). Its especially tough right now because my favorite line is being discontinued, so there are crazy sales all over!

When I find myself especially itching for new things, like I'm looking on Amazon and eBay and Flickr and Arena threads and whatnot a bit too much (like I'm making myself legitimately sad, not just a bit disappointed), I like to pull out a pony or a doll and hang out with them. Just have them chill out next to me, wash their hair, take some photos of them, or maybe work on some character info/naming in the case of dolls. That usually helps. :)

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
I do it too. XD I am so used to not buying ponies when I want them that it makes every pony i get a real treat!!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
I always do that! I go window shopping all the time when I have no money.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
Haha, sorry. I suppose there is some consolation in that we're all just as bad apparently? :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »
oh my I do it to but it sounds like you have more self control than me as I still bid then have to ask mum or my hubbie for money :  ( Or else I sell some other ponies quickly. Ahh its such a bad habit, oddly enough when I have money I am no where near as bad at spending heaps on ponies

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »
I've got a large enough collection now, that whenever I feel the urge for new ponies I rotate my existing ones around and give my neglected ones some love and it scratches the itch a bit.  :3 

Its still fun to window shop though!  That way I know where to go when I -do- have money to spend!  :drunk:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal