collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Here Comes the Bride (WIP Pics)  (Read 419 times)

Offline Little_Bird_Sorrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Cookies are good for you :1
    • View Profile
    • Sorrel Sketched This
Here Comes the Bride (WIP Pics)
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:25 PM »
     It's great to be back on this site. How is everybody? Is everyone happy? Yes? No? Maybe so?
     I like to post pictures of my customs when I finish them. However, I was away from this site for far too long and needed to post something.
     Gaze upon the terror that is Here Comes the Bride. This custom refuses to cooperate. The paint looks messy, I can't reattach the legs to the body, the symbol is not finished, and its a bit filthy (I don't even know why). I started this custom in July (I think). Lets hope I can finish this monstrosity soon. :argh:

The moral of the story is: G2 customs are not for amateurs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Bahh! That face! The gray was intentional, but still!
 Diamond ring fail.
 I don't even know...

... Give me all of your advice ...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:42:11 AM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline Claramel

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://padawanclaramel.deviantart.com/
Re: Here Comes the Bride (WIP Pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »
I'm not sure about the legs but I do have a couple of suggestions. White is notorious for getting dirty - I always seal my customs with a good quality sealer to protect the paintwork and try to keep them in a clean environment without handling them too much (our hands are often not as clean as we think!). Sometimes you might have to strip back those layers and go from scratch if the paintwork is lumpy or dirty. Other members here have great advice on doing full body repaints with brushes (I use an airbrush). Try to use the smallest brush you can find for painting the eyes and symbol - the moral of the story here is to practice, practice, practice!

Also, sometimes it's best to step back from a custom for a while and come back to it when you're ready. I find that trying to force myself to finish a custom just makes it worse - allow breathing time.

Hope that helps! I'm sure other members will have some advice too.

Offline Little_Bird_Sorrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Cookies are good for you :1
    • View Profile
    • Sorrel Sketched This
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 07:38:53 AM »
Thanks, Claramel. :)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
Yep...white is horrible to work with! I've actually done a few white customs recently just to give myself practice. I also find if you seal it alot between stages, it helps! I haven't customized a G2 yet so no help there...now not sure if I want to attempt it LOL. Good luck!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »
Would you be ok if the legs were no longer moveable?  If so, you could glue everything back together (with the legs in) or even sculpt the legs back on.  Every time something doesn't work out quite the way we wanted, it's a fantastic learning experience!  White is tricky, don't give up on this cutie!  As mentioned above, maybe put her aside for a bit.  It helps :)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
G2's are difficult for amateurs (it was actually the first generation I ever worked on, and the result wasn't the prettiest...).  My advice for working on a white pony, or white paint, or anything light-colored even, is wash your hands before you start, and be careful when working out around newspaper.  The ink will get all over them.

Since the legs are held in with plugs, try to soften the plastic with hot water or a high setting on a hair dryer.  If it doesn't work on its own, try doing the leg holes as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal