collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to help my poor Butterscotch?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
How to help my poor Butterscotch?
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »
Butterscotch is a childhood pony of mine, very well loved by my sister, then hand-me-downed ot me and even more well loved. She now is in very bad shape.

She's got plasticizer break down so she's all hard and her feet are stick, she's missing a few plugs and has a forelock trim. About 85% of her symbols are rubbed off and what remains is very faded. I thought about selling her as bait  her, but she's one of my childhood treasures! even if she's homely she's still lived with me and my sister for more then 20 years and she deserves something special. So what should I do to fix her up? I want more then just a simple symbol repaint job.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's a pic of the old girl.
New hair colors? New revamped symbol? basic restoration? Any other suggestions? Let me hear them!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:20:13 PM by Vampasaurus »

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: How to help my poor Butterscotch?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
Dawn soap has helped me with that sticky plastic break down mess, it takes a lot of soap and scrubbing and rinsing and drying but eventually it seems to help. As far as her hair, why don't you just reroot her bangs in a fun new color? Maybe something compliment her color scheme, like, if you repaint her symbols, do them one color and do her bangs  to match :) A ribbon also always spruces up a homely pony!!

My child hood peachy is the Granny of my herd. Trust me, she's in horrible shape too, but still, very lovable!! Good luck to you!!!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
I would be inclined to not change much, maybe repaint her symbols in a different color and a touch of color like kissthethunder said for her bangs and call it a good day.  She looks very wise and every heard needs a wise pony.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
For sentimental reasons I wouldnt do too much to her at all...maybe repaint her symbols in gold and glitter as a little enhancement but other than that, a good clean and a hair tame personally I would leave it at that.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
For sentimental reasons I wouldnt do too much to her at all...maybe repaint her symbols in gold and glitter as a little enhancement but other than that, a good clean and a hair tame personally I would leave it at that.

I second this ^.^

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »
I agree with this also.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »
My childhood Butterscotch is in similar condition, and I have been thinking about fixing her up as well.  I agree with some others, that maybe a different color/glittery symbols, and a complimentary color added to her hair.   

I am actually thinking of doing some sort of gradient for her symbols on mine... which is sort of in going with the way her symbols faded from orange to yellow (and then *poof* gone!).   But then again, I am sort of undecided (and unsure of my painting abilities still), and will most likely keep her as is for now.

Good luck!

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 08:11:20 AM »
My childhood Butterscotch is in similar condition, and I have been thinking about fixing her up as well.  I agree with some others, that maybe a different color/glittery symbols, and a complimentary color added to her hair.   

I am actually thinking of doing some sort of gradient for her symbols on mine... which is sort of in going with the way her symbols faded from orange to yellow (and then *poof* gone!).   But then again, I am sort of undecided (and unsure of my painting abilities still), and will most likely keep her as is for now.

Good luck!
That's a really pretty sounding idea! I was kind of thinking of repainting her symbols to be something actually butterscotch related instead of the butterflies myself. maybe like a mash up of g3 butterscotch and her G1 self.

She's defiantly going to need new hair, while I was washing her, her hair kept breaking off. some plugs are randomly super brittle! my poor pony D:

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal