collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gamers, what are you playing right now?  (Read 89668 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Gamers, what are you playing right now?
« Reply #1440 on: October 12, 2015, 12:54:01 PM »
BF and I are going back to Star Wars: The Old Republic for a while since we're excited about the upcoming movie. We're also playing the original Disgaea. I still haven't grabbed Disney Infinity 3.0 yet, but that should be happening in the next few weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do with Happy Home Designer. It's not turning out to really be for me. Glad I got the cards, though. They're like getting to have the villagers' pictures in real life. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #1441 on: October 13, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »
Just bought FFXIV and the expansion on PS4...started last night.  My husband has been playing for a couple of years, so we decided to buy it for me as well so we can play together.  I haven't played an MMO since Guild Wars, so this is all new to me, lol. 

Ooh I'm on FFXIV!  Although I haven't logged on in a while.  One thing I don't like about FFXIV; in order for you to progress to the next expansion they make you do the MSQ instead of allowing direct access if you're a high enough level.  At least with WOW, you could skip all the dialogue quests (which is what majority of the expansion is made up of) unless you're into lore which I lost interest couple of quests ago >_<.  Anyway, it's super fun Barbgirl!  And so pretty!

It's SO pretty!  I'm having a blast with it so far, though the FC I'm in has been around since the beginning so I'm the odd woman out, lol.  Luckily my hubby and his bff are both in there, so I at least have someone to go to for help, hahaha.  What server are you on, Akemi-chan??

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1442 on: October 13, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »
@barbgirl1999 - Cactuar, you?

A little off topic, but I just watched the FFVII movie for the first time and I'm in love with the character design!  Couple themes I noticed that are always reoccurring with the FF series: the Gaia theory that the planet is a living, breathing entity, and some huge calamity hitting a major city.

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #1443 on: October 14, 2015, 06:48:06 AM »
@Akemi-chan, I'm on Gilgamesh...had to get up at 5am to finish creating my character so I could get on that server, lol. 

Also, I LOVE that movie!  We were just talking about it last night and saying we need to watch it again.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #1444 on: October 14, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
Ah, now I want to watch the movie again, too! Good thing I have it. Though I need to get the Blu-Ray release...

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 15, 2015, 03:45:38 AM »
Speaking of Final Fantasy, I picked up FFII again. I tried the GBA version that came with FFI, but I switched to the NES version because they lowered the difficulty so much.

It's pretty interesting, since it's the first Final Fantasy to have a more in depth story, but it also is as challenging as the first game. Actually, II is more difficult because of the weird leveling system. Instead of actual levels and EXP, you get stat increases by doing certain actions, like getting more MP for using a lot of MP in battle, having strength go up the more you attack, etc. It makes it harder to actually have a chance in battle as the game goes on, since your party isn't getting stronger at the same rate as the enemies.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 16, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »
Speaking of Final Fantasy, I picked up FFII again. I tried the GBA version that came with FFI, but I switched to the NES version because they lowered the difficulty so much.

It's pretty interesting, since it's the first Final Fantasy to have a more in depth story, but it also is as challenging as the first game. Actually, II is more difficult because of the weird leveling system. Instead of actual levels and EXP, you get stat increases by doing certain actions, like getting more MP for using a lot of MP in battle, having strength go up the more you attack, etc. It makes it harder to actually have a chance in battle as the game goes on, since your party isn't getting stronger at the same rate as the enemies.
I don't think I ever actually beat II... but it's been a really, really long time since I played it! I should look into playing that again (and I need to finish 3 -- the real 3-- which I started several years ago).

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #1447 on: October 17, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
Final Fantasy II's combat system was totally not for me. And blasted numbering system, whenever I see II I have to read and check if they mean II or IV. :lol: IV is my favorite in the series.

Swap Wishlist

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »
I borrowed a copy of Pinkimin 3 and now I'm completely hooked.  I didn't think I was spending that much time playing but before I noticed last night it was 12.  It's so good!!

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #1449 on: October 18, 2015, 08:26:02 AM »
Thinking of getting back into Animal Crossing New Leaf. My bf just got a new 3DS to replace his old one and then we can play together. Plus, I know we have a few players here, too.

Also been really busy with Star Wars: The Old Republic. Decided to go back to that since I'm excited about the movie coming out in December and I'm having a lot of fun. Leveling a Smuggler with my bf and playing a Sith Warrior on my own. Yes, I like being on the Dark Side. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 18, 2015, 10:45:51 AM »
Just picked up Legend of Legacy last night. Haven't started it yet, but planning on passing my Sunday playing it.
I really wanted an rpg to play, since I dont play them that much. I was very interested in Persona Q, but my boyfriend talked me out of it, saying it wouldn't be a good one to start with. Plus its almost $50.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 18, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »
Dr. Wily's Revenge
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #1452 on: October 18, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »
Just picked up Legend of Legacy last night. Haven't started it yet, but planning on passing my Sunday playing it.
I really wanted an rpg to play, since I dont play them that much. I was very interested in Persona Q, but my boyfriend talked me out of it, saying it wouldn't be a good one to start with. Plus its almost $50.

I played Persona Q earlier this year. It's definitely challenging and to get the most out of it, you need to have played Persona 3 and Persona 4. There is a lot to learn in that game and it has a lot of mechanics that I hadn't really seen in an RPG before. I ultimately ended up selling it.

Swap Wishlist

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 18, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »

I played Persona Q earlier this year. It's definitely challenging and to get the most out of it, you need to have played Persona 3 and Persona 4. There is a lot to learn in that game and it has a lot of mechanics that I hadn't really seen in an RPG before. I ultimately ended up selling it.
Yeah, there is such a HUUUUGE history to the Persona series, it's a hard one to start. Not only are there Personas 1, 2, 3, 3F, and 4 (and Arena and Q), but there's also the Digital Devil Saga series and a bunch of other related games. There are even games like Catherine that are related to the series but don't say that anywhere on the packaging.

If you want to start a J-RPG to learn the genre, I would recommend any game from the Tales series (Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Graces, etc.). They're all pretty good and independent from one another. I might also recommend Final Fantasy in a similar capacity, but there is so much disagreement about which games are good and which are bad, I can't really recommend that for beginners, either. Kingdom Hearts (the first one) might also be a good starter, but that's only available on Playstation consoles...

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #1454 on: October 18, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
I totally agree with your recommendations, RingWraith. As for the Kingdom Hearts games, I really need to get the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes for my PS3. I want to start playing that series. My favorite Tales game was Tales of Vesperia. Is it sad if I still have it even though my 360 broke years ago? :lol:

Swap Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal