collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone else had this issue with the eBay checkout?  (Read 408 times)

Offline greywolf1978

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Has anyone else had this issue with the eBay checkout?
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
I have a buyer that won 2 different single pony auctions from me Sunday July 23. I sent a combined invoice the next morning with shipping cost reduced to of course try to save the buyer on postage. I get home from work Monday afternoon and see that they made payment so I proceed to pack up the 2 ponies when I logged in to paypal and see they only paid for 1 pony. I have my eBay preference set for the buyer not to be able to change anything in the eBay checkout....... So I issued a refund with a note explaining what happened and resent the combined invoice. I wake up the next morning and the buyer sent payment again for only 1 pony and a message through eBay wanting to know why I refunded in the 1st place. I messaged the buyer back explaining why I sent the refund and that I had sent a note with the refund and explained that they have only paid for 1 pony. So I sent an invoice for the 2nd pony asking for payment. The buyer messaged me back July 25 telling me the eBay checkout won't let them pay??? So I sent them a money request directly through paypal that included the eBay auction title and item #. I went 5 days with no further communication from the buyer or payment. The buyer messaged me today July 30 around 2:45pm est saying the still have no option to pay... I reminded them of the money request I have sent them through paypal and directed them on where to find the information on eBay's customer support page on how to directly pay for eBay items through paypal. I have shipped out the 1 pony they paid for this morning because I didn't want them opening a item not received case against me since I held the item for 6 days trying to save them on postage cost. So has anyone else had issues like this with eBay's checkout magically un-combining invoices when you have your preferences set to not let a buyer change anything in the eBay checkout?   I'm just glad I was paying attention and did't ship both ponies when only 1 pony had been paid for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else had this issue with the eBay checkout?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
Hmm..actually it sounds to me like she keeps uncombining the invoice for some reason. I know you said you have it set to not let them change the invoice but that is only so they can't alter shipping costs.  I believe they can still uncombine it.

I think you did the right thing by sending her a request through Paypal.  And directing her to ebay's customer support pages.  It sounds to me like she is a little confused.

Hope you can get it worked out soon!  If all else fails I would tell her she needs to call ebay.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline greywolf1978

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else had this issue with the eBay checkout?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »
I just don't understand why the buyer would uncombine the invoice and pay for just 1 pony. Even if the buyer is uncombining the invoice and has now paid for the pony that didn't get paid for the 1st time payment was sent. It just doesn't make sense why the buyer is telling me it won't let them pay for the 2nd pony again when I sent a new invoice just for that pony? I sent the money request through paypal July 25 when the buyer told me it wouldn't let them pay again because payment was refunded. So the buyer has had the paypal money request since July 25 and messaged me today and said "still have no option to pay" (yes that is the whole of the response). I messaged the buyer July 27, 28, and again this morning mentioning the paypal money request I have sent only to get the above quoted message from the buyer this afternoon. It's like the buyer hasn't even read the messages I have sent about the money request or even read the money request email and money request reminders that paypal should have sent.  :huh: The 3 messages I have had from the buyer have been single sentence replies and there was no communication from the buyer for 5 days from July 25 until today.   
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:23:48 PM by greywolf1978 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal