collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to fix frizzy hair?  (Read 1557 times)

lisey_baby

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to fix frizzy hair?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 02:58:39 AM »
Great suggestion Sebby, I love that you take ponies in the shower with you, LOL. :D

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
I use the hair straightener on the lowest setting, with the heat protection spray that I use on my own hair. I actually have a special straightener for the ponies, it's cord is a bit dodgy, so isn't always even up at the temp for the lowest setting, and that works well for me... but have yet to try it on tinsel. :S
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »
So I gave it a try with my pony last night, I've conditioned and washed her hair several times, and several rounds with an iron to try and smooth out the frizzy hair. There is definitely an improvement, it's much less frizzy now. Do you think if i keep going I can save it totally or should I be happy with the less frizzy?

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

lisey_baby

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
So I gave it a try with my pony last night, I've conditioned and washed her hair several times, and several rounds with an iron to try and smooth out the frizzy hair. There is definitely an improvement, it's much less frizzy now. Do you think if i keep going I can save it totally or should I be happy with the less frizzy?

You could keep trying, but I have had ponies in the past where you can improve it but never get it looking fantastic. I have a salty that had major frizz, I managed to tame it but never completely got rid of the frizz

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 08:40:08 AM »
Fabric Softner works! Let it set on there for about half an hour. Then rinse it and use regular conditioner for about 10-15mins. I then use Suave sleek anti cream on there hair and let it dry, then just brush through it. Works wonders! If the hair isn't that frizzy, I skip the Fabric Softner.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:22 AM »
awesome advice :3 I'd have to skip the fabric softener though since I'm allergic to most softeners, but I'll keep trying with her, her hair was super damaged, so I guess it can't get worse unless I melt it XD

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Since messy tinsel was brought up. Here's a solution, tweezers. I've used the normal technique on ponies with good quality tinsel but I also did it on ponies with very fragile tinsel and instead of using tweezers I used two small pliers, I held the tinsel down by the base of the mane with one and pulled with the other.

http://www.mylittleimposterpony.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=offtopic&thread=362&page=1

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
Now thats an interesting tip balletpot!

@Alatariel-Silimaure - yes hair can get to the unrecoverable stage and can be damaged beyond repair. However, its always worth a show to recover it with one or any of the tips here...and if still no luck, re hair I guess! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »
I don't really mind my ponies having abit of frizzy hair, but if I can make it at least a little better that's awesome =)

I'm definitly trying the tips I've gotten here, starting with the ones that doesn't include the hair straighteners ;) If that fails I will give em' a try on a pony that doesn't cost too much to replace just in case XD
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »
A dip in boiling water, conditioner, a warm rinse, followed by a zip through a straightening iron on the lowest setting usually does it for me.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »
I have been looking for help on frizzy hair and all of these tips sound great but I am a little unsure of what you start with.  I have a few ponies that are dry and frizzy.  So, if you start with fabric softener (leave in half hour), rinse, dip in boiling water, condition (leave, in a let dry?) and then comb out or leave conditioner on wet hair and use a hair straightener?  Do you use a wide-toothed comb to dry or a brush?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »
I recommend hair straighteners and LOTS of conditioner, and the number 1 rule is to always keep the hair wet.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »
I wash the hair normally then just slather on good conditioner and run it through the straightener while still covered in conditioner.  You rinse after the hair is straightened, because the extra goopiness of the conditioner protects the hair from melting. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 03:48:41 PM »
I have been looking for help on frizzy hair and all of these tips sound great but I am a little unsure of what you start with.  I have a few ponies that are dry and frizzy.  So, if you start with fabric softener (leave in half hour), rinse, dip in boiling water, condition (leave, in a let dry?) and then comb out or leave conditioner on wet hair and use a hair straightener?  Do you use a wide-toothed comb to dry or a brush?

You should do a good conditioner soak over night - I slather in conditioner and wrap in clingfilm [in order to prevent it from drying out] and then leave it over night. Next morning rinse. Dip in boiling water a few times. Add add lots more conditioner and then flat iron in very small sections - keep the hair wet and filled with conditioner. Slather again, leave over night with cling film and then next morning rinse out and set in position.

Edit: clingfilm = shrinkwrap; I couldnt remember the US name for it :) [thanks partypony]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal