collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I just encountered a brony while buying blind bags...  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: I just encountered a brony while buying blind bags...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
The one on Schillinger. The one by the mall still has wave 1. But they are all gone anyway. :hamster:

Hmm, last time I went to the Schillinger one, all they had was was Lemon Hearts, Fizzy Pop, and Twilight Sparkle. u-u But maybe I'm just looking at the wrong time. xD

At my target, I picked up all 3 of those 5" pony plushes and a few days later they were wiped clean. ._.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if we were all in line at Target tomorrow to grab the Crystal Empire ponies? :biggrin: I want to meet an Arena member, it would be so awesome to meet someone else who collects MLP :) I would probably stand there and chat forever, hehe! Did you get any trading cards at TRU? The box was almost empty, there were about, hmm.... 9 packs I left I think. And the pony aisle was completely picked over! I figure there must be some pony fans in Mobile ^.^

I did! I didn't even know they were there but I saw them when I walked by and backed up. There were 3 left and I bought them. We should meet up sometime. It would be fun I bet! We can talk ponies! And I'm guessing the Chi in your siggy is yours? If so, we can talk about those too! I have 3! And a BC/Chow mix.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if we were all in line at Target tomorrow to grab the Crystal Empire ponies? :biggrin: I want to meet an Arena member, it would be so awesome to meet someone else who collects MLP :) I would probably stand there and chat forever, hehe! Did you get any trading cards at TRU? The box was almost empty, there were about, hmm.... 9 packs I left I think. And the pony aisle was completely picked over! I figure there must be some pony fans in Mobile ^.^

I did! I didn't even know they were there but I saw them when I walked by and backed up. There were 3 left and I bought them. We should meet up sometime. It would be fun I bet! We can talk ponies! And I'm guessing the Chi in your siggy is yours? If so, we can talk about those too! I have 3! And a BC/Chow mix.

I did the same thing, lol. I was searching for something for my swap partner and then saw the trading cards and got 6 packs! I left 3 packs behind so they must have been the ones you got :D I'm glad I left them behind and you got them! It would be so much fun to meet up! And yep, that's my little Cocoa ^.^ She's terrified of ponies so I'm surprised I got her to sit still for that photo! XD Awww, I bet they're so precious :heart: I love talking dogs! I have two chihuahuas and two toy poodles and they're all spoiled ROTTEN, hehe.

BTW, where did you see the BB at TRU? In the pony aisle? I didn't even see a box for them! I saw Bridle Friend Fluttershy, the Flower Fillies and a couple other ponies, but didn't see the BB. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:58:04 PM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
They were in the pony aisle. I think they my have just put them out sometime today. They weren't there yesterday when we went and the box was still full.

kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »
That's too funny! I just met a fan blind bag shopping too. I met a girl at Walmart though here in Austin Texas. I asked her if she was on any of the pony sites and she said only deviantart. She was obviously a big fan of the show and collectibles though.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
Thanks Phekzhen. I have it already though, just didn't have it on me at the time.

The link has images that contain the codes that are sized properly for viewing on phones. You should always be prepared!

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
I don't have a smart phone so it doesn't really matter. I'm just going to print out the pics from hathorcat's thread. Thanks though.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
That's too funny! I just met a fan blind bag shopping too. I met a girl at Walmart though here in Austin Texas. I asked her if she was on any of the pony sites and she said only deviantart. She was obviously a big fan of the show and collectibles though.

I'm moving to Austin in 2 months :)  Who knows, we may run into each other too XD

I usually write down the numbers of the ones I want.  Except the last time, I found wave 3 and just bought them all, they had a bogo at the time so I figured why not lol.  I LOVE gitd Twilight Sparkle, she charges so quickly and glows so bright <3

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

I'm moving to Austin in 2 months :)  Who knows, we may run into each other too XD

I usually write down the numbers of the ones I want.  Except the last time, I found wave 3 and just bought them all, they had a bogo at the time so I figured why not lol.  I LOVE gitd Twilight Sparkle, she charges so quickly and glows so bright <3

You have forced me to turn my lights out to test her glow!  Too fun!  Even cooler....charge her glow and keep the lights on, she glows so bright it changes her color chalky white-ish!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
Yeah we just printed it out so Thoth could check off who we had, makes life much easier. 

One of the stores we hit one of the cashiers is into FiM, she asked me if we had been to any of there meets in NYC but neither Thoth or I are that into G4 to take that trek.  Oh in my book as long as you have a few ponies you are a pony collector.

I am lucky I have one pony collector out here who I have become good friends with. She knows one or two others.  I do know I have at least two pony flippers who shop where I do as well.  I do not think they have been around as much lately though, which is good news for me.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are some bronies who frequent my Walmart... When a new box of blindbags is placed on the shelf, the entire contents is gone in a day or two or sometimes within hours.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »
Thank you for the link to the blind bag codes.  May come in useful!!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »

That's great news! It would be great to have another pony collector in the area.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »
Hubby and I were at TRU buying a couple of the new Blind Bags when the girl in front of us asked if we knew how to tell them apart. I told her I didn't yet. I think she was a brony because she then declared she wanted Lyra and Big Mac. I suppose it is possible she may not be a brony, but in any case, I met another pony person! And she seemed nice. I wish it had occurred to me to ask if she was an arena member, but it didn't. So, if you are the person I just met at TRU,  :wave: Hi!!!!!!

This is actually how I met Donkeygrl2002 the other day. :wave: I went to TRU to kill some time before Zumba and she was there picking up the new BBs. I really wasn't expecting them there yet so I just grabbed some up at random wanting to be surprised. But she was so nice and she came out to my car and gave me Noteworthy because I mentioned that I liked him the most! :hug: There's a disturbing amount of scalping here so it really was refreshing to meet a legitimate fan and especially one with as lovely a personality as hers! (Don't know if you're reading this but... hi! :wave: )

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »
I actually met a guy who was looking through the codes on the blind bags around when I first start collecting.

I found him Rarity, which happened to be the last one he needed. Good times. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal