collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I just encountered a brony while buying blind bags...  (Read 2845 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
I just encountered a brony while buying blind bags...
« on: July 28, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
Hubby and I were at TRU buying a couple of the new Blind Bags when the girl in front of us asked if we knew how to tell them apart. I told her I didn't yet. I think she was a brony because she then declared she wanted Lyra and Big Mac. I suppose it is possible she may not be a brony, but in any case, I met another pony person! And she seemed nice. I wish it had occurred to me to ask if she was an arena member, but it didn't. So, if you are the person I just met at TRU,  :wave: Hi!!!!!!

Oh and if you are looking for the new BB in Mobile, AL, TRU has them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Re: I just encountered a brony while buying blind bags...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Bronies are considered male I think...I think females are called pegasisters...either way, yeah she must be a fan^^
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Bronies are considered male I think...I think females are called pegasisters...either way, yeah she must be a fan^^

A lot of female bronies don't like being called pegasisters, but that's a personal preference.

Here's my post about how to tell the blind bags apart, OP. This should help you out in the future:3 http://mlpg4merch.tumblr.com/post/24157634436/g4-blind-bag-master-post

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »
Thanks Phekzhen. I have it already though, just didn't have it on me at the time.

kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
I'm from Mobile, Al!! LOL, now who snatched up all the new blind bags at Wal-Mart? :P I got several of them on Thursday, then decided to go back and get the rest of them on Friday but they were gone :lol: I knew it must have been a collector since all of wave 3 were gone, but wave 1 was still there :lol: I checked Toys R Us yesterday, but didn't see any blind bags. Hello, fellow Mobilians ;)
My Wish List

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »
We've got the ID thing covered, thanks.  And blind luck led me to a glow in the dark Twilight nonetheless...and kat got a boy of some kind.  The blue one.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »
I was looking for Lyra too, but didn't get Lyra or Cherry Berry... but I got Big Mac and Golden Grape so I was happy ^.^

Edit: And it wasn't me you met, but it would have been AWESOME to meet an arena member!! :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:31:33 PM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

Some girls use their own term and some girls, like me, call themselves a brony too. Despite the fact that the term implies masculinity, I never saw a point in gender-specific terms. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »
*patiently awaiting waves 4 and 5...and the magic they will bring*

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
I'm from Mobile, Al!! LOL, now who snatched up all the new blind bags at Wal-Mart? :P I got several of them on Thursday, then decided to go back and get the rest of them on Friday but they were gone :lol: I knew it must have been a collector since all of wave 3 were gone, but wave 1 was still there :lol: I checked Toys R Us yesterday, but didn't see any blind bags. Hello, fellow Mobilians ;)

That wasn't me!  :yikes: They were all gone when I got there. Since this person was still looking for them, I'm guessing it wasn't her either...... Now I'm starting to wonder how many pony people are actually here......

And it wasn't me you met, but it would have been AWESOME to meet an arena member!! :)

Yes! It would! I wonder if this person was.....

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »

Pfft, what walmart chu looking in? I'm in Mobile AL at the moment too, and all my walmart has is wave 1 bb ;; All my TRU has is flower fillies and no blind bags x-x
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:41:38 PM by Las-Pegasus »

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
The one on Schillinger. The one by the mall still has wave 1. But they are all gone anyway. :hamster:

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

That's a misconception and I've been annoyed many times when some girl takes it upon herself to speak on the behalf of all females and claim that's the term we prefer. Personally, I abhor the term because I think it's a ridiculously ugly word. Like others have already said, it's a personal preference. I call everyone, male and female alike, "brony" unless they specifically request something else.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if we were all in line at Target tomorrow to grab the Crystal Empire ponies? :biggrin: I want to meet an Arena member, it would be so awesome to meet someone else who collects MLP :) I would probably stand there and chat forever, hehe! Did you get any trading cards at TRU? The box was almost empty, there were about, hmm.... 9 packs I left I think. And the pony aisle was completely picked over! I figure there must be some pony fans in Mobile ^.^

LP - Yes, the one on Schillinger :) The one in Semmes has a ton of wave 1, but there was a full box of wave 3 at Schillinger on Thursday and also like one or two of wave 1. I didn't know there were pony peeps in my area, yaaay :cheer:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:45:16 PM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
Mobile! So close :) I'm down in Panama City, and we've got nothing! No blind bags! TRU and Walmart are the only places I've spotted Wave 1, and both are out of any BB right now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal