collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the best way to ship a pony from Venezuela?  (Read 961 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
What's the best way to ship a pony from Venezuela?
« on: July 28, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
So I may be taking the plunge and getting my first Venezuela pony.  But with all the horror stories of ponies lost by the post office and mangled by customs officials, naturally I'm worried about receiving a damaged pony (or never getting one at all).

So what lessons have we learned about importing ponies from Venezuela?  What's the best and safest way to do it?
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: What's the best way to ship a pony from Venezuela?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
I had my yellow Cherries Jubilee sent via an express shipping service that partnered with FedEx once it reached the US. She arrived from Venezuela to the US in 3 days. She was loose (never in a box), but they did open her head.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 04:40:53 PM »
The Venny I bought from Figuras was sent by FedEX and arrived within a few days. She wasn't opened but Figuras did send her outside of her box.

And my Cherries... well, there's a whole thread about that one ;) Mitchell-mugno had the foresight to take pictures of how he packed the pony and of the box before he mailed them, which I'm pretty sure helped the people at the Mail Recovery Center find her. I've never bought anything else from Venezuela, so I don't know if this case was just a fluke with EMS or what. :yikes:

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
Mine was sent via fedex, reached me within the week (I'm in New Zealand).  Parcel was opened by NZ customs (I brought loose pony tho, so no worrying about the box for me) -  I suspect NZ customs would open anything and everything from Venezuela...
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »
They open the head? :blink:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
Oh, that reminds me of another question:  Are Vennie pony heads glued on, or are they loose just like Greeks and some others?

If they were never glued on to begin with, then I don't really care if the head is popped off for shipping, if it means that careless customs people won't needlessly mangle them with knives.  But if they're factory glued on, then I'd prefer to keep them that way.  But I guess removing a glued-on head carefully and properly is still better than getting them mangled.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
I was told the heads are 'factory sealed' so I'm assuming that they were glued on.  Mine had its head taken off, (I've complained to customs about this) so I never saw just how it was 'sealed' but it was obviously easy to pop off though.  Wish they'd just xrayed her :( then they would have seen she was empty.  But the vennies are stunning!  I'm so happy with my Starshine she is just divine! 
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
All 3 of mine have loose heads. One of those 3 had been in the hands of a US collectors for years before all of these popped up, one arrived with her head off as mentioned above, and the third came from angelponies big group of Venezuelans. I don't think there is a such thing as "factory sealed" since all 3 of mine came from different places & none have a glued head.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
I dunno about my Cherries, but my other 2 Vennies (green Posey and my Lickety) actually have some sort of glue sealing their neck shut :awake:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 04:37:32 AM »
Oh, that reminds me of another question:  Are Vennie pony heads glued on, or are they loose just like Greeks and some others?

If they were never glued on to begin with, then I don't really care if the head is popped off for shipping, if it means that careless customs people won't needlessly mangle them with knives.  But if they're factory glued on, then I'd prefer to keep them that way.  But I guess removing a glued-on head carefully and properly is still better than getting them mangled.

the heads are loose on them thankfully! i understand your worry though :crazy:

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
Out of idle, how much are the Venny ponies actually worth? I have kittens every time I see a sale post in here already!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
Out of idle, how much are the Venny ponies actually worth? I have kittens every time I see a sale post in here already!
Prices have settled into the $200-350 range with some going lower & others higher. When they first turned up, loose were $500-ish & MIB $800-1,200.

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
Gooood crikey! D: I would not be able to own that. I'd be paranoid the entire time! But if they get lost and opened in shipping, doesn't that sort of ruin them?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal