collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question About Accessories  (Read 637 times)

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
Question About Accessories
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
So I just got FS Cadence and Shining Armor. Normally I don't keep clothes and crowns on my ponies, but I actually really like how they look on these guys. My question is, is it bad for the ponies to leave them with these on? I've heard people talking about "saddle sores", paint leaking into the plastic, etc., though usually it's about the older gens. Does anybody know?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:35:55 PM by Binny »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Accessories
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »
Hmm good question.... Wasn't there a thread about someone's FS Pinkie Pie getting marks from her accessories? If that's anything to go by I'd leave them off!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »
I know that there's some paint of certain accessories which are very wasy to rub onto your pony.  It's any kind of glossy paint they sometimes put in the middle of hairclips.  Butterfly Island on the the G3 line is the worst, all the white clouds transfer paint.  If it's shiny and feels a little sticky to the touch keep it away from the ponies.  Some material can also stain, if it's lined with white it should be ok but if it's a bright colour straight onto the pony I usually take them off.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
Any kind of plastic pressed against another plastic risks either colour transfer or damage unfortunately - that happens with everything outside of ponies as well. The cheaper the plastic [i.e. how colour fast] and the tighter the plastic presses against one another the worse any stains or dents may be.

If the crowns and rings grip tightly, personally, I honestly wouldnt leave them on full time or I wouldnt put them on to the point of pressure. However, if they are loose then you could just check and adjust them with reasonable regularity to prevent damage.

It should take much longer for the fabric to cause any damage - if it will cause any at all. The saddle sores people mention are the result of tight plastic on plastic - either sweating to cause a stain or pressuring to cause a dent.

Its not "bad" for your ponies :) - they are your ponies and you should display them in the manner that makes you happy even if that with all their accessories on!...just make sure to check on them occasionally!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Binny

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »
Hmm good question.... Wasn't there a thread about someone's FS Pinkie Pie getting marks from her accessories? If that's anything to go by I'd leave them off!
I didn't see it, but that's definitely concerning! Thanks for letting me know!

Post Merge: July 28, 2012, 04:20:07 PM

I know that there's some paint of certain accessories which are very wasy to rub onto your pony.  It's any kind of glossy paint they sometimes put in the middle of hairclips.  Butterfly Island on the the G3 line is the worst, all the white clouds transfer paint.  If it's shiny and feels a little sticky to the touch keep it away from the ponies.  Some material can also stain, if it's lined with white it should be ok but if it's a bright colour straight onto the pony I usually take them off.

The inside of Shining Armor's outfit and Cadence's dress both appear to be white so that's good. Her shoes are kind of a see-through yellow/gold and her crown is gold, but fits loose on her head unlike the ones that came with Luna and Celestia which were like clamped on there (took those off)

Post Merge: July 28, 2012, 04:22:44 PM

Any kind of plastic pressed against another plastic risks either colour transfer or damage unfortunately - that happens with everything outside of ponies as well. The cheaper the plastic [i.e. how colour fast] and the tighter the plastic presses against one another the worse any stains or dents may be.

If the crowns and rings grip tightly, personally, I honestly wouldnt leave them on full time or I wouldnt put them on to the point of pressure. However, if they are loose then you could just check and adjust them with reasonable regularity to prevent damage.

It should take much longer for the fabric to cause any damage - if it will cause any at all. The saddle sores people mention are the result of tight plastic on plastic - either sweating to cause a stain or pressuring to cause a dent.

Its not "bad" for your ponies :) - they are your ponies and you should display them in the manner that makes you happy even if that with all their accessories on!...just make sure to check on them occasionally!
Thank you. :) The only thing that really seems tight are Cadence's shoes and the flowers that clip onto her leg which I'm thinking I will take off. The shoes are partly see-through though, do you think that makes a difference?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:22:44 PM by Binny »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »
I'm a bit worried about the gold paint on Cadance's dress. It had a really strong chemical smell to when I opened it. It better not be spraypaint.

Binny

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
I'm a bit worried about the gold paint on Cadance's dress. It had a really strong chemical smell to when I opened it. It better not be spraypaint.
Something DID smell when I unboxed my ponies today! I wasn't sure if it was the FS or sparkly minis, but I did notice a smell. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal