collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Fears?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Fears?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »
Biggest is an actual phobia- necrophobia.  It's a weird and hard to explain fear of death and dead things.  So like taxidermy sometimes gives me panic attacks.  I can't eat anything that looks like it was once alive or resembles the animal it came from.  I can't wear snakeskin, fo or real fur.  I can't handle things that have glass eyes or stuffed animals that look really lifelike.  I can't go to museums.  I know logically that the bones are either replicas or rock and not actually bones anymore but it doesn't stop the terror.

Less intense fears:
Bugs with nasty hook hands like june bugs.  They stick to your hair and clothes like velcro. Also they fly like the air is jello and just kind of hang out there waiting for you to walk into them. 

Eating in the dark.  If I can't see it, I won't eat it.  What if it's bad, or has a bug on it or something.

Moving my foot when it's asleep.  That one always got me.  When I was little I thought it was going to break into a million pieces or fall off or something.

*thinks*

Bees- I'm 25 but I've never been stung by a bee so the thought of them freaks me out.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
Ick, yeah. I hate bees and junebugs. I also don't like the ones with hooks on their heads (the ones that look like Heracross?). Funny how I know more about Pokemon than ACTUAL BUGS. xD
I used to be afraid of needles, but when I got my first shots (first ones that I remember, I mean), it wasn't so bad, and now I'm over it.

I hate watching movies where people get hurt, too. I'm sympathetic to most physical stuff: pain, yawning, hiccuping, even facial expressions sometimes. Usually it isn't bad, but when they get their arms cut off...yikes.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 02:04:25 PM »
Becoming paralyzed or blind are the biggest "normal" ones, I suppose. I could deal with deafness, I think. I'd probably off myself if either of the former happened though :huh:

My irrational fear is lawnmowers.

I've finally figured out why, which sort of makes it make sense, but still... lawnmowers, any kind except the ones without a motor, send me into an absolute terrified panic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »
Aside from the usual, rational fears, my biggest fear is cockroaches. Down here, we call them palmetto bugs. They fly at your face, chase you, hiss at you, and are almost impossible to kill. These 2 inch long menaces scoff at bug spray, so you have to get up close and personal and squash them. I had a showdown with one in the living room recently when my husband was out of town. I beat it 3 times with my shoe and it just hissed and ran at me. I eventually managed to slay the beast, but I knocked over the coffee table and had a big bruise on my shin afterwards. They don't go down without a fight!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »
Junebugs

Men- for some reason mostly men of authority or older men. I'm not afraid a lot if there are other people around unless a man starts to yell or get tense and then I get fearful, like I'm fine with older male teachers in class but if they get angry at the class even if its not directed to me I'd be crying. I can't handle working in a building alone with a male.

Claustrophobia and heights just a little each. Mostly its man-made heights like ladders that really bother me.

False imprisonment of any sort. This includes just going on a trip with other people driving and me not being able to leave freely because I don't have a car with me or know how to get home. I really really have to seriously trust who I'm going with and how long I will be gone.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
Bees.  I am terrified.  Seriously, I don't go outside sometimes because I am so afraid.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »
Fish heads. Not fish..... just their heads. My brother traumatized me when I was younger. Now I can't stand being close to a fish while it's head it intact.  Not all fish, just big ones like pike, trout, dolly, etc.  I'll RUN if someone comes near me with a fish, living or dead, until you lop it's head off, then I'm fine.

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
Spiders, the dark, the unknown, small spaces, being alone, getting kidnapped...
I'm scared of a lot of things... :C
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »
Old age. Me getting old, my parents getting old and dying. I'm terrified of losing them.
Diseases of any kind, not me getting sick, but them.
Stalkers.
I hate clowns too, and all things in costumes where you cannot see the face (amusement park characters).
I cannot stand cockroaches and spiders, but I wouldn't say I am afraid of them. I can manage to either rescue them or kill them, depending on size. Insects that really give me the creeps are termites, ants with with wings, horrible.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 07:10:29 PM »
Heights and stairs, uuughhh. I'm not extremely afraid of stairs but I'm SUPER slow on them.

also moths. u-u

I was afraid of the Geoffrey the giraffe who walked down the toy aisle in my toys r us when I was young, does that count? xD

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
I am afraid of losing people I love/being ill.  And vomit... Everything about it. I am a certified emetophobiac. I can't even watch cartoons with it...I've just upset myself writing about it too. :/

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »
German Cockroaches & needles.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
i have some normal and some really irrational fears.

clowns. from maybe four to maybe six, my parents (maybe my sister?) and i would go to this clown parade thing at seaside heights. i was terrified by them and would end up hiding behind my mom. i would even try and line up my legs with her's so the clowns wouldnt see me. what was worse was there was always a clown named "kayla" and it just made me feel weird inside.

made up creatures (ex. slenderman). when all the lights are off and im trying to get to my room, i cant help but feel worried that something is going to grab me and suck all of my organs out. it usually happens when i watch something with that creature in it (in the case of slenderman, a video game playthrough) but it tends to go away after a while.

getting in people's way. seriously, this one bothers me the most. say, im in a store or something. if someone is in the aisle i want to be in, i will go in the one next to it and wait patiently for them to leave. sometimes it takes ages and i end up going in anyway, but i feel no comfort. speaking of stores, im a bit scared of checking out. i feel like im taking up someone's time, even though it's their job to scan things and hand me my change.

loud/random/high pitched noises. i could be doing something and OH MY GOD WHO IS SCREAMING. i jump out of my skin and everyone laughs. it's terrible.

being wrong. i could have the strongest feeling that something i say is correct and nope. just flat wrong. like i said above, i would be laughed at and it's a terrible feeling inside.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »
Roaches, I can't stand them and will scream, lose it and tear everything up in my path trying to get rid of them and then for hours feel them crawling all over me even though they are not there.  I could stop breathing. I am that scared of them.

Falling elevators

Towers with only one elevator that goes to the top in the clouds..no way.

Going under a bridge that has a stalled train on it.

Being in water where I can't see my feet and around me easily.

Sharks

Fire

Masks in general are very hard for me, and I still do not sleep in the dark.

I also absolutely hate guns.  I can't even touch one. :shocked:

Medical tests, because of my constant health issues I have developed PTSD surrounding medical things.  Too much medical torture can do that to a person.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:46:46 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »

I'm not scared of sharks, spiders, snakes, lions, dangerous animals - I find most harmful animals some what cute. (or atleast not bad - spiders are NOT adorable in anyway, whatsoever.)

I'm sure in pictures and documentaries these creatures don't scare you. But believe me, if you saw a lion up close you would be terrified.

I hate all bugs/insects/spiders, whatever. I don't even really like ladybugs. But any bug that is in my home I start freaking. I'm a baby. I've always been this way too. They are so gross and creepy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal