collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Fears?  (Read 2855 times)

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

• Trade Count: (0)
What Are Your Fears?
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »
So, I recently made a list of stuff that I'm afraid of:

Chuck E Cheese:
1. The costumes from the 70s? PURE. TERROR. (At night, they dream only of death.) Not just Chucky/Chuck E. His friends were equally (if not more) terrifying.
2. The concept of grown men and women in rat costumes hugging my kids (I don't even have kids, either...) doe not appeal to me.
3. The place in general is disturbing. They never clean at most of them, and from my memory, kids would get beat up in the play area for their tokens a lot. And the workers and parents? "Nah, we'll just sit and eat pizza." (Speaking of which, that stuff was disgusting. How do you mess up pizza?)

That felt good.

Clowns:
1. Mere words cannot explain WHAT a clown is or WHY it appeals to children. E.T. is glamorous next to clowns. (Maybe "Necki Minij" [don't ask] brought them down on one of her "Stersheps.")
2. Makeup. Everywhere.
3. Bringing joy to children is good, but people who specialize in it 1) aren't good at it and/or 2) frighten me.

Heights:
1. You feel like your going to die.
2. EVERYTHING makes me sick, and...yeah.

Creepypastas:
1. Jeff the Killer, worst thing I've ever seen.
2. Smile Dog is just an animal replica. My cat literally hissed at the screen in terror when she saw it (she thought it was real).
3. No, Team Rocket, don't do that! I thought you liked Pokemon (in a way)! Stop before Buried Alive eats you...

So what are you guys afraid of? Even if this doesn't get noticed, it was great to get this of my chest.  :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: What Are Your Fears?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:32:05 AM »
Aside from realistic fears like losing those I love...the more phobia-ish ones like you've posted...I have one.

ANTS.  BLEH  I HATE ANTS!  There was a big ant in my bathtub today, too.  >P

Though that Rainbow Dash in your avatar has to be giving someone nightmares somewhere... o_O
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Moondancer115

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:34:54 AM »
Oke here are my fears:

One of my biggest fears are spiders!!!! Omg I freak out when I see one no matter how big or small!

Muskitos, if one is in my bedroom I can't go to sleep untill it is dead! I sit there on my bed looking stressed through my room with a electric racket in my hand to shock the live out of that bastard. Brrrr so scarry!

Heights, like tou say it really feels like you are going to die. Worst feeling ever!

Also a fear of mine is I am scared of failing .ot being good at somrthing and dissapointing people. Like in 2 weeks I am going to start a new job and I am reallt scared I will dissappoint them.

And meeting new people in larger groups. I go to meetinfs and. stuff, but I find it really scarry. A few years ago I never went meeting new people and was very isolated, but it is getting better even made friends hihi ^.^

So that are my fears quit a few  :blush: :P

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 02:42:34 AM »
I'm not too keen on clowns either
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »
Rational fears -

Losing my loved ones (parents, brother, kitties and close friends)

Car accidents, been in one too many (only two small taps have ever been my own fault, ive been in a couple of major ones that were other peoples faults)

My family or pets getting sick / terminally ill

Natural disasters - been through one too many, my family moved states to limit the chances of being affected by flood again, and moved into the house we live in because it was "up higher" than most of the street.

And completely irrational ones-

Moths and butterflies, im terrified of them to the degree I seen a shrink about the issue

Loud noises or complete silence - this is semi rational, but I know a little nuts, im partially deaf in both ears and find really loud noises hard to take (like popping a balloon) or silence scares me, like I have to make noises to make sure I can still hear

Snot - I used to be ok with it, but couldn't stand poop or vomit, im now better with poop and vomit, but snot makes me gag

hospitals - semi rational again, I spent alot of time as a visitor in kids wards when I was a kid due to my brother being very sick

People dressed in spandex or Lycra - I just don't know where to look

Needles - nothing to do with pain or discomfort, I am just really uneasy with anything breaking through my skin, once the needle is in, they can poke, prod and hurt me as much as they like with no fuss from me.

People touching some of my things - not everything, just certain objects, more sentimental ones, I just don't like some things being handled, touched or possibly damaged or broken

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 08:16:05 AM »
I'm not at all squeamish. Needles, blood, vomit, other bodily fluids / aspects.. not phased at all.

The greatest fear I have is, unsurprisingly, gaining weight. I simply cannot tolerate it. Before being prescribed effective meds I'd have major panic attacks on a daily basis.. As a typical anorexia sufferer I have a perfectionistic personality, and weight gain means failiure.

Similar and co-morbid with the above, BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) is also phobia driven.

Hurting those I love. It once surpassed my weight phobia, but as I'm sicker now it's kind of been pushed back a bit.  I cannot stand hurting those I care for, or seeing them hurt. I'll go out of my way to protect them.. even if it means getting hurt myself.

Public toilets.
I can relate it to my (slightly OCD) hygeine consciousness, but it also seems to stem from an experience I had as a young child when I was trapped in a public toilet.

Slimy creatures. Slugs and eels are the worst, but I generally dislike molluscs. If exposed to said creatures, I sometimes end up having nightmares about them sliming over me.. -shiver-

I used to be -terrified- of moths, but I think I'm slowly becoming less bothered by them. I used to freak out until someone (usually my mother) removed the offensive fly, now unless it's huge I'm able to get rid of it myself.

Also used to have a horrible phobia of heights. I haven't been on a plane since I was 9 as I found it so distressing.. I am still reluctant towards heights, but not as panicky as I once was (no more hyperventilating!). Plus, I'd love to travel.. so I'ma have to face it at some point. ^.^
Fight like a girl..

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
Im not a bug fan. Some will litterally make me jump, some will make me mad (like ladybugs.  Ill stare at one and tell it to scram) and even dragonflys and butterflys will sometimes make me shiver a bit, even though they are on the 'prettier' side of the spectrum.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline FlitterRose

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »
Cockroaches!  I shiver like a chihuahua from a fear when I see one   :(  And unknown why,they are my only fear  :huh:

I have a friend who's afraid of trains.She says that she feels like the train is going to crash in nothing every minute  :nod:
Sup

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
I found out (the hard way) that I'm somewhat claustrophobic
I used to be arachnaphobic but I've 'cured myself' somewhat since being at college. Bascially on the summer school for the first course I did we had tarantula handling and I decided to give it a shot, and I've been 'fine' since, I'm not keen on spiders but I can tolerate them and not run off screaming. XD
I'm a painker, I've found that say I'm walking with someone and then I loose them I will really freak out.
I've got a general 'bad accidents' fear that crops up, let's say my brain has 'doom-o-vision' and leave it at that
I've got issues with walking around outside in the dark, somewhat rational as there's a churchyard near me and it's sort of a hotspot for drunks and the like as there's a pub nearby.
I'm not sure if it's a fear but I have a very major 'squick' with surgical stuff, I unforutantley got sort of 'triggered' by a certain scene in Prometheus. :/ Almost ruined the movie for me

When I was little I was terrified of Mr.Blobby, I was also terrified of Malcifent and The Chernabog

Oh and for some reason I found 'Creepypasta' doesn't seem to affect me, I don't know maybe as quite a few come over as 'trying too hard' for me or because my mind seems to be able to make up scarier stuff of it's own accord.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:02:09 AM by starrypawz »

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
This post actually really got me thinking about the word "Fear" and the definition of it so I had to look it up XD

Fears beeing: a negative emotion induced by a perceived threat that causes animals to move quickly away from the location of the perceived threat, and sometimes hide. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain or the threat of danger. In short, fear is the ability to recognize danger leading to an urge to confront it or flee from it (also known as the fight-or-flight response) but in extreme cases of fear (horror and terror) a freeze or paralysis response is possible.

So I assume we all have the built-in mechanism of fear for things that can harm us or hurt us. Those beeing completely rational fears cuz' we are supposed to run or fight if we're in danger for example. And losing your loved ones or your home to a fire for example is also a rational worry in the back of most peoples minds I would assume. And I'm no different :P

That beeing said I can't think of anything irrational that triggers this reaction in me O.o Of running away screaming :P There's a whole bunch of things I'm not exactly crazy about though, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a fear.

But yeh:

* Clowns, yes I agree with you guys. They are just - weird in a creepy way O.o

* Spiders. Nasty freakin creatures that are going down the toilet asap if one ever dares to cross my path :P

* Flying airplanes. There's something suspicious with a HUGE metal object carrying loads of people and luggage beeing able to fly in the air.

* Vomiting. Yeh I have an issue with that. Wouldn't call it fear. But hearing it or seeing someone do it makes my stomach turn abit.

* Hospitals here too. After I had to go there myself and how they treated me when I was there I do hope I don't have to go back anytime soon >.<

And I'm sure there's more I dislike but I can't think of it right now :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
1. HEIGHTS.

I'm really scared of heights. And the fact that I'm extremely clumsy just makes it worse - I'd fall of a ledge in just a matter of seconds ;c

2. The dark

Ok, I admit, I'm afraid of the dark. Or atleast the demons that lurk there that will slaughter me. It all started in 3rd grade when my best friend was addicted to ghost stories and thought it would be a wonderful idea to share a few with me. >.>

3. Drugs

Not just regular drugs, but the kind that cause people to become psychotic murders.. I always have visions of people I know walk out of a room and just go crazy on me.. Even if I know that they aren't taken any form of drugs.

4. Flies

If there is a fly in my room, I shut the door and sleep in the hallway - no lie. I seriously can't stand them. If flies were wiped off the face of the earth, the world would be a much better place.

5. Cars

(1) When I'm in the backseat, I feel as though I can't get enough air and I feel claustrophobic and start to hyperventilate and stuff. Thankfully I don't end up there very often.

(2) When I'm walking the dogs, I always feel like they are just going to throw themselves in front of cars. One of my dogs was ran over by a car before I got him, and I wouldn't want him to go through that again 3':

I'm not scared of sharks, spiders, snakes, lions, dangerous animals - I find most harmful animals some what cute. (or atleast not bad - spiders are NOT adorable in anyway, whatsoever.)

@starrypawz I've got Doom-O-Vision too. D:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:30:10 AM by JigglesTheCat »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »
1. Monkeys
gorillas fall into this category too. i don't care what people say, they're all monkeys to me and they're all scary!!! they eat people's faces, their eyes follow you like they're plotting, they could kill me in a second if they really wanted to. i'm not making this up, i see monkeys and i get scared. especially when they're screeching away. my heart just pounds and i could see them eating me alive. they walk like people!!!!

2. Spiders.
WHY SO MANY LEGS?! why?! they're creepy, crawly, fast, jumpy, they could be all over me and i won't know it... UUUGHHH not right... not right...

3. Heights.
I'm almost 6ft tall, but heights terrify me. Even looking at pictures from way up high, uughh i can just feel myself falling.

Rion

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
Only things that comes to mind are my OCD making me dislike germs to a rather great extent, and failure.
I'll try to avoid doing something that I feel like I'm going to mess up as much as possible.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything I actually fear. :/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:26:11 PM by Rion »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »
Earwigs and needles.

And sometimes closets.

That's it  XD

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
Yeah, I forgot to add some, since I was lazy and tired:

1. Certain bugs-cockroaches, centipedes, and earwigs, mainly.

2. Meeting new people, losing ones I already know. I'm very shy most of the time, and I constantly worry I'll lose my loved ones.

3. Retirement homes. The smell is horrendous, but the worst part is that lots of the people there 1) are ill or you know, gassy, and/or 2) are kind of out of it. One tried to kiss my neck, and I freaked out because I was only about nine. (A kiss on the cheek wouldn't bug me, but since I'm freaked out by older people in general [not ones I know], I'd probably still shiver.)

4. The dark (somewhat). It's impossible for me to sleep in the light (white light from outside or from a TV is fine), but the dark freaks me out. I can only sleep if I'm cuddled up to one of my cats or my Meowth, or if the door to my room is open and light from my dad's TV is coming in.

5. Drugs and alcohol. I've been in a house where someone had done marijuana, and I was so freaked out that my friend told my brother (I was nine, he had just turned twelve) to put me outside while she yelled at her brother. I was so disgusted that I almost threw up. ...Which brings me to more fears.

6. Yelling. Angry people always scare me automatically. Like you guys said, I have doom-o-vision, and I feel like they're going to start attacking me or something.

7. Vomit, mold, blood. These are very rational, but they freak me out more than they should.

8. Doing stuff wrong. I'm a perfectionist.

I guess that's it besides the stuff I already posted...I'm afraid of e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal