collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Challenge 5 - Beauty and the Monster  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 5 - Beauty and the Monster
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Taking these photos of just ONE doll is really making me appreciate how much hard work and effort went into the first ANTM. I can't imagine styling and taking shots of all those dolls that consistently. I applaud you Tuney!  :worshippy:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:02 AM »
Ugh this is a nightmare....on the plus side I've dug my camera out so I don't have to use my phone to take pics anymore :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
Friday morning or evening? I guess that depends on where you live huh? But my time shows the challenge post went up at 6:27pm

Oh yes, I got my times mixed up. Just a full seven days from whatever the time reads for you!

Post Merge: August 02, 2012, 11:51:02 AM

Taking these photos of just ONE doll is really making me appreciate how much hard work and effort went into the first ANTM. I can't imagine styling and taking shots of all those dolls that consistently. I applaud you Tuney!  :worshippy:

Aww, thanks. Honey, I don't know how I did it either! I did have a basic plan of action for each shoot though. Without it, I would have never been able to photograph between one and twelve dolls per session!

1. Plan (This could take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. It's so essential to have a vision in mind)

2. Hair and wardrobe (Once I have a plan in mind, I dress the ghouls up. I usually to this a night or two in advance and tweak as necessary)

3. The Shoot (Basically this is the plan in action. Props and background go up, the models come out. Sometimes I travel to a friends' house to shoot, thus broadening my options for a backdrop)

4. Field Editing (If at home, in the middle of a shoot I'll upload progress pics and see what needs tweaking. Then I'll shoot some more)

5. Final Editing (This is when I get down and dirty with Picasa - cropping, straightening, brightening, contrasting, etc)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:52:18 AM by America's Next Top Monster »

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 07:57:45 AM »
I can't wait to see these entries!  I got mine turned in last night. 

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »
Got mine in :D :cheer:

I think this was the hardest challenge yet...I took well over 200 photos (NOT kidding) and only a few turned out acceptably. So many changes of clothes, props and backgrounds...totally horrendous! I took a lot of OK photos but only a couple that I think are good enough for the comp. The pressure has definitely been on this week! I have had in my imagination the amazing photos that Lilitha is up against...my OH said poor Lilitha is about as unphotogenic as a MH doll can get, don't tell her I told you all that though... :lmao:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 02:31:08 PM »
Ugh...I'm probably the last to get mine in, but man this one was a lot harder than I thought.  I tried so many angles and poses and nothing seemed right at all.  I was up til 4 this morning trying to finally get the good shot, but didn't.  Got scolded by my fiance so I had to go to bed lol...I even had not one, but TWO dreams about it...lol.  Tried again this morning.  Nanami is so pretty, and when I'm prepping and posing her she just shines and I adore her...but it's become clear that she's kinda shy, and never lets me get a good pic of her true self.  *sigh*  I finally settled on a shot, but I'm still not happy...but I ran out of time XD

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
I thought I was the last person lol...

It's a bleddy nuisance when you have a shot lined up, it all looks gorgeous, you take the shot then you get it onto the computer and it looks nothing like it did when you made the scene. Then that happens again and again and againandagainandagainandagain....frustration, much... :lmao:

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
It's a bleddy nuisance when you have a shot lined up, it all looks gorgeous, you take the shot then you get it onto the computer and it looks nothing like it did when you made the scene. Then that happens again and again and againandagainandagainandagain....frustration, much... :lmao:

Omg yes!  I'll set her up and in my head go 'this looks AWESOME!!' and then take 30 shots.  I get to my pc and ALL OF THEM are horrible lol.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
Sadly when I get to my PC I'm already packed up on my shoot. DX

What looks good on the tiny phone screen might not on the computer. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »
Nanami is so pretty, and when I'm prepping and posing her she just shines and I adore her...but it's become clear that she's kinda shy, and never lets me get a good pic of her true self.  *sigh*

Jordan pulls all sorts of faces when we do her shoots, at least Nanami is just shy. No joke, for being made of plastic, and not being able to change her expressions, she sure gets the sassy, bored as heck, or annoyed with me looks across no problem. Funny how they've all developed personalities all on their own!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
Rhonda goes either bored or melancholy/sad. Sometimes I can get the Mona Lisa thing going on if I'm REALLY lucky.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »
Yarp. I find it really truly amazing that plastic dolls with static faces can convey so many emotions without actually doing anything!

I tell you what though I can't wait to see everyones piccies!  :straw:

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
My problem is so many of them look fine on the camera and then I get them on the computer and they're all BLURRY!  >_< What we need is those fancy hookups where it shows up on your computer directly after you take the photo XD

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
My problem is so many of them look fine on the camera and then I get them on the computer and they're all BLURRY!  >_< What we need is those fancy hookups where it shows up on your computer directly after you take the photo XD
Man yes. For me recently it's been that they are grainy when I get them to the computer.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:57 PM »
Man yes. For me recently it's been that they are grainy when I get them to the computer.
UGH THIS TOO. I need a better camera  :( Mine's megapixels (or lack thereof) are starting to show...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal