collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trading Cards have Shown Up  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trading Cards have Shown Up
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »

What? But no! They can't do that! Aha :( How many people can really afford to keep buying loads of boxes in hope that they'll find all of the exclusive box topper cards?

Heh heh, when I was a kid I collected all the Skybox The Lion King cards, including all the special foil and holographic cards. To this day I have two shoeboxes FULL of my duplicates. I must have at least 10 sets of all the regular common cards. I forget how much each pack cost, but I must have spent hundreds of dollars...of my parents' money. @_@

Oh, the things we do to feed our collecting habits, eh? :P
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2012, 08:39:48 PM »
Well, thank you, Hathorcat, for the explanation on the gold series. Since I never intend on buying at least 4 full boxes to try to get those cards, I went and just bought them by themselves on ebay. It wasn't too, too bad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2012, 04:47:00 AM »
@Gogobinsin - Yes unfortunately it does make it tough to complete a set but thats how the manufacturer makes people spend money and buy complete sets even if they are going to end up with dozens of doubles. There are also another 3 cards which were released only a BronyCon, ComicCon and one more yet to be confirmed location. Unless someone at these events who got lucky to get one of the exclusive cards decides to sell them these are going to be tough to track down as well.

@Wysteria - yes the toppers dont come in packs so you would need an unopened box in order to get one - if you are buying a complete box make sure it says "including box topper" or "unopened" Thats fantastic that you have managed to track all 4 of the first 4 golds down...congrats :)

Edit: To add that you also need to make sure its a "booster box" you purchase and not a regular retail box as only the "booster boxes" have the box topper gold cards - the boxes sent to stores for regular retail are packed differently and dont have the box toppers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:49:59 AM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SabreMau

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »
Just arrived, two days ahead of schedule.

Quarter's there for scale. The Fun Pack box is much, much smaller than the boxes they put on display at TRU or Target (at least the vertical hanging ones).

And the gold topper card is sitting loose on top of the sealed packs. I would have expected them to at least give it an individual clear plastic wrap, but this is fine too.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:35:40 AM by SabreMau »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »
Yeah! You got Discord thats great.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
Thanks for the pics, SabreMau! How much does a 'booster' pack cost, and where can you order them?

SabreMau

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
I got mine off Amazon and linked it in my August 1st post, but that was when it was selling for $70 and the price there has since gone up to $104. Also one on eBay for $140. Not sure I'd recommend it at those prices. Everywhere else I've checked is all sold out.

Ordering straight from Enterplay would be the cheapest option, at $60 there, but they're at "Availability: Back Ordered" which is why the price is jumping up everywhere else.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
$60 retail!? o.0 Holy cow, how many packs come in the booster box?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
$60 retail!? o.0 Holy cow, how many packs come in the booster box?

30 packs I believe.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
Oh, I guess that makes sense then, since they retail at $2 a pack. XD

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »
It's probably already been asked but I am too lazy to read through six pages.....how many different cards are there?

I've already bought about ten packs of these. They pretty nifty! I am tempted to get one of those card sleeves and put them in those, but I don't wanna spend extra money, heh.

I love the foil cards! This kinda reminds me of the day I was into Pokemon cards. That was sooooo long ago.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
sooooo pissed i didnt buy BOXES for the gold card.....id have more cards i need and less i dont if id bought 2 boxes

SabreMau

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
It's probably already been asked but I am too lazy to read through six pages.....how many different cards are there?

There are 84 normal cards, split into the categories: Characters, Villians, Pets, Moments of Friendship, Locations/Sweepstakes. Location cards also come with a sweepstakes code that you can enter into their website, but every card I've tried so far hasn't won anything.

Then there are 9 standee cards, as seen here. These come in every pack, unless that pack comes with a foil card instead.

Finally, there are (currently) 38 foil cards, split into subcategories. The first 6 foil cards have an Elements of Harmony theme and you can place them side-by-side so the backs form a picture. The next 9 foil cards have a Royal Wedding theme, and fit together to form a similar puzzle picture. Next 13 cards are just shiny foil versions of Character cards. Then there are 4 Gold Series foil cards which are the rarest randomly-found ones.

The remaining foil cards are special cases, that you can't get randomly just buying individual packs. There's a 6-card Discord set in the card list which doesn't actually appear to be in circulation at the moment. Nobody has pictures of them and they're not on Toywiz or eBay yet. There's a special Rainbow Dash foil card that was only available at SDCC, and a special Rarity foil card that was only available at BronyCon. And then there are the final 4 gold foils which only come when you buy a booster pack box.

Or, there are pictures of all of 'em here.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:21:01 PM by SabreMau »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
I'm not missing too many now, thanks to trades with awesome Arena members. I wish I could buy a few more packs, but my two closest Targets are completely out, and they even shown up yet in my TRU. The next closest Target is half an hour away..... hmmmm.....

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2012, 07:52:26 AM »
Thanks for all the info, SabreMau! :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal