collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trading Cards have Shown Up  (Read 6556 times)

Offline MLPlyte

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trading Cards have Shown Up
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »
Are these with the ponies or with the pokemon/magic/sports cards? Also, what are the standees?
I haven't heard of these today - they are so cute!

SabreMau

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
They were over with the other cards, at least at Target.

Standee cards are ones that have perforations so you can separate the character from the card, fold the rest of the card to form a base, and stand the character up.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
found them in 2 targets and 2 toys r us' in Fort lauderdale yesterday :-P

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
I made a post with everything I have to trade/need over in the trading thread if anyone wants to look. :lovey:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »
Are these with the ponies or with the pokemon/magic/sports cards? Also, what are the standees?

Here is one of the Standees cards "standing"

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:53:49 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »
Okay, this is weird ... I found the cards at Target last week, then I found them again at TRU today, but they were in different boxes! They were similar, but definitely not the same. What gives?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
Okay, this is weird ... I found the cards at Target last week, then I found them again at TRU today, but they were in different boxes! They were similar, but definitely not the same. What gives?

Was one a "hanging" box and one a "sitting" box that just sits on the shelf?

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »

Was one a "hanging" box and one a "sitting" box that just sits on the shelf?

Yeah! You know, that is a big distinction I never thought of before, haha! But yes, the Target one was hanging on a rack, and the TRU box sat on top of a shelf, although they were both rectangular. I thought maybe TRU just didn't set up the little 'hook,' but it's possible they're just made differently!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SabreMau

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
So, according to the cardlist, there are Gold Series cards (#G1-#G4) and Gold Series: Box Toppers (#G5-#G8). Now, I went and ordered a box off of Amazon, but it won't arrive until next week because I clicked free shipping. Do these Box Topper cards come in the box separate from the packs, or is it something where each box contains exactly one of them somewhere within the individual packs?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 03:31:21 AM »
So, according to the cardlist, there are Gold Series cards (#G1-#G4) and Gold Series: Box Toppers (#G5-#G8). Now, I went and ordered a box off of Amazon, but it won't arrive until next week because I clicked free shipping. Do these Box Topper cards come in the box separate from the packs, or is it something where each box contains exactly one of them somewhere within the individual packs?

Every box doesnt get every card unfortunately. However, I believe every box is supposed to contain at least 1 of the gold cards - the "special card in each back is a standee or a foil plus and occasional the foil becomes a gold series card
Loa is my love god!

SabreMau

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 04:32:33 AM »
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't have every card, but I'd never heard of "box topper cards" until looking at the card list for this set. Looked it up and it sounds like the usual way those go is you get one of them in a box, so presumably one of #G5, #G6, #G7, or #G8, with the usual other card probabilities inside each of the 30 packs. Just wasn't exactly sure how that goes. Are those four cards impossible to get randomly within the individual packs? And the four gold cards, the ones that aren't titled "box toppers" in the official list, are subject to usual chances?

majikarte

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
I want to start collecting these so badly but on Ebay they're so overpriced, and Toywiz has ridiculously high shipping costs. Have these been found anywhere outside of the states?

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »

Here is one of the Standees cards "standing"

they actually stand better than that, you want to fold it again (in the middle, there should be another fold line)so that the edges with the name overlap, and then they have slits where they lock into each other.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:54:02 PM by hathorcat »
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »
Thanks Eternia - not my picture unfortunately! I havent managed to track down any of these as yet...

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't have every card, but I'd never heard of "box topper cards" until looking at the card list for this set. Looked it up and it sounds like the usual way those go is you get one of them in a box, so presumably one of #G5, #G6, #G7, or #G8, with the usual other card probabilities inside each of the 30 packs. Just wasn't exactly sure how that goes. Are those four cards impossible to get randomly within the individual packs? And the four gold cards, the ones that aren't titled "box toppers" in the official list, are subject to usual chances?

I actually think G1 through G8 are all classed as the same rather than being two separate types of cards - they are all "toppers" i.e. one per box [assuming packed properly]
Loa is my love god!

SabreMau

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal