collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Monster High Gil...  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Question about Monster High Gil...
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
I had him in my hands a couple months ago but put him back on the shelf. Now I see he is very pricey on EBay. Obviously I made a big mistake by not getting him! Does he still ship to stores by chance with other skull shores dolls?

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Monster High Gil...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
No, sadly he doesn't. He was replaced with a Draculaura in case assortments as far as I know.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:21:11 PM »
No, sadly he doesn't. He was replaced with a Draculaura in case assortments as far as I know.

So they are sending double Draculauras en the same set? :/ it's odd that are still adverticing him in the back of the boxes.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
I heard they were going to be switching him back in eventually.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
I really really hope they do because Lagoona needs him.. like now lol.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:33:13 AM »
You can pre-order him on german ebay from some online-toystores which advertise that he will be available in September 2012.
Afaik he was never sold in germany so far, even tho we currently have the SS girls out on the shelves in most stores.

So apparently, at least in germany, he is still set to appear. If that is true, it could be a hint that he will be switched back into the line in the US as well? :>
Maybe there has been a problem with producing him or something, that caused him to drop out of the line/being delayed. ..at least that's the only valid reason I can think of. It would not make any sense for Mattel to simply not sell him anymore.. they made the mold for him and all.

Anyways, next to Clawd he's my favourite of the boys and I really hope we'll eventually see him in stores here come september. :D

Offline KneonT

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shadowbinders
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  When I saw him before my daughter wasn't into Monster High and I haven't seen him since.  This explains it.  *sigh*  I need to find him and I hope they re-release Holt someday.
Steampunk, Fantasy, Magic, and Mecha
shadowbinders.com

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »
Yes, Gil has become very hard to find. I rang Mattel UK who did an in-depth investigation, (they were on the case for 4 hours) who then rang me back to say that Mattel Corporation had no plans to re-release him within this next year. I got lucky, a wonderful member on here told me about an ebay BIN on ebay and told me he could buy Gil for me and post him to me cheaper than the ebay seller could. I paid an eyewatering sum for my Gil, but I can definitely say, he was sure worth every penny. He was actually cheaper than an auction in the UK had ended for too, and I snagged him in a BIN. I can honestly say, if you get him on ebay, he'll definitely be worth every penny. He's so much better in real life.
Good Luck on the hunt!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »

Maybe there has been a problem with producing him or something, that caused him to drop out of the line/being delayed. ..at least that's the only valid reason I can think of. It would not make any sense for Mattel to simply not sell him anymore.. they made the mold for him and all.

That sounds like a plausible explanation, maybe the problem has something to do wit his tank or fins being a safety issue for small kids?

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »
I don't think he was switched out because of small parts; all of the dolls come with some sort of tiny pieces, like the jewelry. And his helmet is far easier to operate than the arms on the girl dolls.

Mattel just seems to limit the single packed guys. They removed Clawd from the 1600 assortment, and DotD Deuce has always been ridiculously hard to find as well. I think the reasoning is that boy dolls are less popular in most doll lines. Instead of not developing their characters in this line, they choose to make them in small batches. I have no doubt that we'll see Gil in another line at some point in time. Jackson and Clawd have both had two dolls, and Deuce will be getting a third in the Scaris line.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
Limiting his release b/c they suspect the boys to sell less individuals than the girls makes sense as well, crimsondeity.
Even more so if it was the same for the other boys. :7
1600 Clawd is still available over here in places where they still sell the 1600 line. As well as his set with Lala. And I also saw a lot of Wave 1 Deuce around, so that thought never crossed my mind. Makes sense now, tho.

Sooo.. yeah, I still hope the stores that sell preorders are correct about his german release in september, since like I said, we never even got a limited run over here afaik.
If you guys in the US won't get him back tho, I should probably already brace myself to pic up multiples for the folks over here that still want him. :3

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »
 :| That sucks that he's not going to be put back into the case shipments. I like him better than the other guys and want him mostly just as a boy toy for my Lagoona but you won't see me paying over 25 dollars for any doll.. I'll just have to buy her a different man. Perhaps an Eric from the Little Mermaid? Something that goes with the sea theme lol...

Oooo I got it! Captain Jack Sparrow!  :biggrin:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »
Mattel just seems to limit the single packed guys. They removed Clawd from the 1600 assortment, and DotD Deuce has always been ridiculously hard to find as well.
We're still getting Sweet 1600 cases with Clawd here in New Zealand. Also Dawn of the Dance cases, so we're swimming in DotD Deuces.

Some shops here got some new shipments of Skull Shores but no Gil.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »
No Gil in Canada either since last winter, which I suppose is when they took him out of the assortment and put in Lala. I saw him a couple of times but I didn't get him as I don't buy the beach lines (I want a signature Gil!) I wish I'd grabbed him anyway, but I didn't realize at the time that the boys regularly get the short end of the stick. Never thought he'd be this rare  >_< I hope they do start shipping the A assortment again instead of the B one. SS Lala is in the 5-pack now anyway...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
I've learned.  The hard way.  If you want the guys, make them a priority!  (Sorry to those countries who never had a shot :()  I waited a bit too long on 1600 Clawd, and missed him.  Had to buy from a member here.  Passed on DotD Deuce only twice and never saw him again (although I only saw DotD 2 twice.  Funny distros on THAT line.  The stores continued to order in Wave 1, but NEVER Wave 2)  Lucked out and got Deuce from a random website that didn't mark-up rare items:)

Any guys from now on are coming home with me as soon as I see them.

Actually, I buy EVERYTHING as soon as I see it.  Wave 2 of DotD really mentally scared me :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal