collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am an idiot. (Looking for a MH reroot :c )  (Read 625 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
I am an idiot. (Looking for a MH reroot :c )
« on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »
So a few weeks ago I decided to rehair Rochelle. Since I was short on money, I decided to go ahead and try to dye some nylon pony hair I already had to black. It took the dye really well (quite beautifully, actually!), but since I've never had problems with dyed hair and ponies with their soft plastic bodies, I thought this would be the same. I've also seen a few customs that have had dyed hair and they seemed fine. NOPE. Rochelle now has light purple stains on her face and tips of her ears from the hair I had so far rerooted her with and now I had to rip all of it out and throw it away. I'm so disheartned since she's really special to me and now I don't have the drive to get myself to buy new hair for her and do it all over again. :sad:
With that being said, does anyone happen to be willing to rehair her for me? Of course I'll pay for your time, shipping and cost of hair..I just don't want to give up because she's a little ruined now. ;_;
Should I just ask someone to try to repaint her as well? Is she better off as a custom..?

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I am an idiot. (Looking for a MH reroot :c )
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
Wow.  She is beautiful.  I'm sorry you are having trouble with her.  I was gonna offer to sell my original Rochelle to you, so that you had one that wasn't stained, but she might not be baity enough for you.  There's nothing wrong with her, but if I remember correctly, you are rehairing her because you don't like the bubblegum pink.  Plus I was hoping to get pretty close to cost (need to save so I can buy Scarah Screams from some scalper from ebay :cry:) so......I'm really not helping at all :lol:  I hope someone can actually help you out:)  I love what you've done with her eyebrows, BTW.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
I love her eyebrows! I'm sure Ravie (http://thatravie.wordpress.com/commissions/) would do it!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:19:37 PM »
I was rehairing her and was going to buy the rerelease of her so I'd have two of her. One with pink hair and one with black to be the sort of "evil twin" type of thing.
(I might consider buying another signature Rochelle if she doesn't cost too much though... ) I'm just hoping that with new hair I won't notice the ink stains as much.
It looked good so far so I'll probably stick with black. :'D
Spoiler
Ah, Ravie! That's who I was looking for. :)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
Yeah, I can do the reroot if the stains don't bother you and you want to go ahead and have her have black hair as she is. I have no idea what to do about the stains.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »
Maybe the stains could be part of the evil twin's personality...  She was made with a slightly different stone or something. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »
Yeah, I can do the reroot if the stains don't bother you and you want to go ahead and have her have black hair as she is. I have no idea what to do about the stains.
I don't really think I'll notice them much if she's not bald. I'll send you a PM so we can discuss details. :)

Maybe the stains could be part of the evil twin's personality...  She was made with a slightly different stone or something. :)
Ahaha, that's cute! Or she's turning dark or something.. XD

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
I'm glad the stains don't bother you:)  I was going to say they weren't too bad or noticeable, but some people around here are so picky about their dolls (me included sometimes) I wasn't sure it would make you feel better or not :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal