collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New ponies prototypes! Now with video!^_^  (Read 2879 times)

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
New ponies prototypes! Now with video!^_^
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
Hi everyone!

I have just received some cool unfinished prototypes of a future line and today i did a video to show their gimmicks^_^

http://youtu.be/W_VuNdSWW78

Enjoy...and tell me what you think about them^_^
Hugs!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: New ponies prototypes! Now with video!^_^
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
Ehhhh... I would prefer more standard brushable ponies, to be honest. I'll buy them, because I buy everything, but.... meh.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Awesome video sosilver!! I think they're kind of fun, and it's definitely something different which is nice.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
What a lovely put together video SoSilver! Gorgeous - its nice to see what those ponies actually do rather than just the static pictures.

I ll agree I would prefer new characters but at least its something a little different :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
I'm not the biggest fan of them, but they are cute! I probably won't buy them since I only want one of each of the main six! But I could see kids loving the new movements!  ;)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
Defiantly different.I cannot think of the name,but they make me think of those kinds of older toys where you push a button and the whole body moves and each time the body will move in a different direction..
Cool video :cool:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:52:03 PM by Jenn77 »
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline Destiny

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
Ahahahaha!!! Okay, I'm really sorry if anyone likes them, but I have to say I really really think they look cheap. My thought when I watched it was "Hasbroken sure is broken!"
I think the idea is cute enough, but the execution is... Maybe I should buy them to secure a good laugh every now and then.
Apple sauce!!

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »
I kinda like Rainbow Dash, but wish she didn't have that necklace. It just isn't her... But the wings moving is very cute. ^ ^

AJ would be a little cooler if her back legs kicked out instead of her front so she could be "apple bucking apple jack" or something.

Twilight is adorable and would look even better if she came with a book.

The only thing is, these don't seem to be geared towards collecting, but more for play. Not saying this as good or bad since that is what the desired outcome of MLP should always be about...however...Rusting will probably be a very big issue in the future if anyone plans on collecting these out of package. I really like how we are getting something new, though. Can't wait to see what their finished looks will be like. :) Thank you for posting this! It's always exciting to see more gimmick-y ponies instead of static ones.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
Hmm, I don't like them either.  Kids might like playing with them, since they can do things, but I don't like them as collector's items.  The look kind of cheap to me, too.  But then again, I don't like the Sweetsteps ballet ponies either, so maybe it's just that style.

And where are their cutie marks?

Rion

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
Hmm, really interesting to see what these things actually do.

And at least we now have an explanation for the Twilight's awkward neck/head. :P

majikarte

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »
The actions are really cute! They still look funny, but I like them a whole lot more now, and it's nice to see something different.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
Oh my gosh cool!  I love the way they move, I can see that being super fun for a kid's make believe pony adventure scenes :) I hope Hasbro releases a moveable set in the future :) I can't wait to see what the finished versions will look like. And I'm especially excited to see the built-in cutie mark functionality! Although I'm curious about Rainbow Dash, I'm assuming they haven't found a way to fit both the wing mechanism and the cutie mark mechanism into that tiny space, hence the necklace.

Ahahahaha!!! Okay, I'm really sorry if anyone likes them, but I have to say I really really think they look cheap. My thought when I watched it was "Hasbroken sure is broken!"
I think the idea is cute enough, but the execution is... Maybe I should buy them to secure a good laugh every now and then.

Keep in mind that these are prototypes. It doesn't really make sense to use high quality materials on them at this stage of production. This is the same reason they didn't bother to paint the cutie marks and jewelry ;) Everything about them is subject to change at a later design stage, but getting the motion to work is clearly the first goal. And since it's also the most complicated feature, everything else needs to be able to change to accommodate it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:24:06 PM by babystarz »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
Oh, interesting! 

Well, to be honest these are just not my thing.  I don't like motion features or joints on ponies, they just don't look right to me.

But thank you for the video, it was still really interesting seeing what they do!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »
Great video :)

But...I don't like the toys. I agree with what has been said - they look cheap and to me a bit gimmicky.

I would SO much rather Hasbro released more characters as regular brushables.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Destiny

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 01:55:17 PM »
Keep in mind that these are prototypes. It doesn't really make sense to use high quality materials on them at this stage of production. This is the same reason they didn't bother to paint the cutie marks and jewelry ;) Everything about them is subject to change at a later design stage, but getting the motion to work is clearly the first goal. And since it's also the most complicated feature, everything else needs to be able to change to accommodate it.

I know I know and I do expect them to look more.. finished when they're actually released, but knowing Hasbro I won't be surprised if these aren't far from the final look. If you like them, cool! If kids will like them (and I don't doubt they will), also cool! I just find them too.. gimmicky (like Pinkamena said) ^^ Not trying to be rude or anything.
Apple sauce!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal