collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zipbags. Yes or no?  (Read 943 times)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Zipbags. Yes or no?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Oh no... I put mine in plastic bags to ship back to my house. >_< They've been that way for like two weeks, they'll hopefully arrive tomorrow.  :(

Long term time spent in plastic bags do damage hun, not a few weeks, or even a few months :hug: Don't worry, they'll be fine

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »
I've had my ponies in storage for well over a decade in plastic bags and these posts always makes me paranoid >.< However, every time I check my ponies they're all fine. So it can't possibly do that much damage to them storing them in plastic bags.
On a side note though I never closed the bags, just put each pony in a plastic bag and wraped it around the pony to make sure it doesn't fall out. That's all.

*Off to check my ponies once again cuz' now I'm paranoid again lol*
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:50:25 AM »
I've had my ponies in storage for well over a decade in plastic bags and these posts always makes me paranoid >.< However, every time I check my ponies they're all fine. So it can't possibly do that much damage to them storing them in plastic bags.
On a side note though I never closed the bags, just put each pony in a plastic bag and wraped it around the pony to make sure it doesn't fall out. That's all.

*Off to check my ponies once again cuz' now I'm paranoid again lol*

I would think you not closing the bags is probably the key :P Means they dont sweat and can breathe nicely :) So I am sure you ll be fine although I would check them reasonably regularly just in case.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 02:32:26 AM »
Great points made in this thread already. :thumb:

I also think it's worth adding that Ponies made of certain plastics should be stored with extra caution:

- G2 Hip Holly (notorious for having the plastic "break down" and go sticky very easily. Even tiny amounts of heat will cause this)
- G3 Divine Shines (same issue as above but not quite as dramatic. Should not be exposed to high heat or humidity though. Their colour can also fade in sunlight)

The translucent plastic that Hasbro has used in the past seems to be notorious for going bad much faster than usual. Hopefully they've sorted this out come the G4 Crystal Ponies line.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal