collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: model horse moving question  (Read 365 times)

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
model horse moving question
« on: July 21, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
Hello ponies! I have a question for the model horse/breyer collectors here. I made a thread awhile back about moving, and of course I'll be bringing my beloved mlps and breyers with me. Mlps are fairly easy to box up and move away, but it's the breyers I'm concerned about. What would be the best way to box up/store these guys away in and how? I just don't want them damaged or broken on the move. I thought about regular boxes and maybe bubble wrap or maybe a plastic container for them? I'm not sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: model horse moving question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »
I have no idea the best way to move them, as I've never had Breyers, but do you ever order them from ebay or other collectors online?  If so, maybe you could secure yours the same way they get packaged and sent to you?  I have no idea how that would be, though, as I can't imagine their legs are durable!  Also, are you moving yourself or having a moving company do it for you?  If you've hired movers, I cannot suggest strongly enough that you bring your dearest collectables in the car with you, so you know where they are and how they are handled at all times. 

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »
Bubble wrap and standing upright in one layer in a plastic bin, OR bubble wrap inside single boxes just large enough for each, OR twist tie them into single boxes like how they come so they can't bump around. The hard thing is to keep those ears intact.

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
You've got the right idea - plastic storage bins and bubble wrap.  Completely wrap each one with the bubble wrap (bubble side out) and then make layers in the storage boxes.  You can add a little more protection by putting more bubble wrap between each layer.  They can lay flat as long as it's not long-term.  Make sure there is enough padding so that they don't shift when the box is moved.   If you can move them yourself though, I would recommend it.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:50:20 PM »
Well, what I used to move my FSF, and these seem about that fragile, is clothes. I just wrapped the clothes all around them, around and between the legs until they were good and protected. Then the box got filled with more clothes separating them until everything was nice and cushy and immobile. I did this with all my various other breakable things too. It saved alot of space with packing too because of course the clothes have to be packed anyway.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:42:22 AM »
Well, what I used to move my FSF, and these seem about that fragile, is clothes. I just wrapped the clothes all around them, around and between the legs until they were good and protected. Then the box got filled with more clothes separating them until everything was nice and cushy and immobile. I did this with all my various other breakable things too. It saved alot of space with packing too because of course the clothes have to be packed anyway.

I was going to say bubble wrap, but this is a better idea since it will also help with packing some of your clothing items. I've never had to move my collection before since I left it to live with my parents. I would cry trying to move them all. :lookround: I do agree that tubs and the wrapping is your best bet. If you don't plan to store them very long make sure there is plenty of padding to keep from moving about.  I will say when I moved before we used a moving trailer, but delicate things I put in the back of the car to keep from moving about. I would try to find a way to secure them since I'm sure with much thumping even the most delicately wrapped Breyer would suffer.  I bet Diamond would be a good one to ask though on the best way to do this. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »
Whatever way you wrap them, make sure you pad the box at the bottom.  Having shock absorbency at the bottom can prevent breaks as well.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal