collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fraudulent paypal claim  (Read 843 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Fraudulent paypal claim
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:18:03 PM »
I sold an item to someone on etsy last month. I got a tracking number, so I knew when they received them, plus they left positive feedback.
Well, this morning I get an email from paypal, saying this same person has now filed a claim against me, saying they never received the item! Luckily I still had the tracking number, so I forwarde that to paypal, along with a link to my feedback page.
I'm not to worried about the claim going my way, because I have proof that it was received. What I'd like to know is if I can file some sort of formal complaint against this person for commiting fraud?

Moving this over to Trader Support for you. SnorkMaiden, WYP mod
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:11:54 PM by SnorkMaiden »
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fraudulent paypal claim
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
Ugh what is wrong with people! I am glad you still had the tracking number.
I mean are the stupid or something? You have a tracking number AND they left positivefeedback and they think they will get away with it?
Sadly I can't help with failing a claim against them I have no experiance with that :(.
Wish you good luck :hug:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
You might post this question to the trade support forum. A lot of people there have experience in dealing with these things.

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »
What did they explain in their claim? that they never received the item? Were they specific?

I know there have been times where I've been on shopping sprees (especially around my birthday XD)  and lost track of what paypal payments went to what, and though I've never opened a claim against anyone, I could see myself not paying attention in a fit of rage and then opening a claim on the wrong thing.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »
What did they explain in their claim? that they never received the item? Were they specific?

I know there have been times where I've been on shopping sprees (especially around my birthday XD)  and lost track of what paypal payments went to what, and though I've never opened a claim against anyone, I could see myself not paying attention in a fit of rage and then opening a claim on the wrong thing.

Yeah, this is the first thing I was thinking. Is that she is severely mistaken.

Who knows though, they might also be trying to pull a fast one. Shouldn't be any deal since everything is in order. However, I would call PayPal and raise hell saying that she shouldn't even be able to open a case for such a thing since you have a tracking number AND you have feedback. Get your funds released!

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
Yikes!! I agree with the others that mentioned she may have opened the claim on the wrong item or something. Maybe she forgot she received it? Sounds like a pretty cut and dry case once Paypal has the tracking number as proof it was delivered. What a hassle though.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
Let's hope it was a mistake.

I had someone try and pull this on me about a year ago on ebay.  I won the case but then after some investigating found out this girl was a known scammer who merely just changed ID's.

Sorry you have to go through this, it's a real pain!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
Sounds to me like you handled it in the right way :hug:  I'm soo glad you had the tracking number still, and that you also have her feedback as proof she recieved it. Either she is a very stupid scammer (and there are a few around unfortunately :crazy: ) or she messed up and opened a claim on the wrong item. Hopefully its a mistake, but if not, things should still go in your favor anyways ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »
You can always PM the mods her IDs to see if there is history of past bad behavior.  Good for you for keeping the paperwork. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 05:43:19 AM »
*Headache*
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal