collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Tales Clover hair color?  (Read 448 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Pony Tales Clover hair color?
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
Ordered a Clover a little after I made the price check before, but she has a faded out cut up mane and tail (is fine knew it when I bought her). Problem is due to the fading I have trouble telling what color it was, and I don't see her listed on the hair match site. Is her hair Pussycat?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Tales Clover hair color?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »
There is no exact match for Clover except other UK ponies' hair.

Some websites say that "kitten" would be a match for ponies in this hair colour, but it really doesn't match at all. I ordered it once for Nice 'n Spicy but "kitten" was much darker vibrant neon pinkish compared to the original hair.

"Pussycat" would be the closest match from Dollyhair, although it's also more vibrant and brilliant where the original is a matte colour. And "pussycat" fades easily.

EDIT:

Here's a pic of a pony I rehaired with original UK pony hair mixed with dollyhair "pussycat". Because I couldn't find enough real UK pony hair. You can see the hair is not uniform in colour.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:03:19 AM by Goldilocks »
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
Oh wow, I see what you mean about the difference in color there. Hmmm, what would you suggest as a good match for Clover? Like possibly the best I could get? I dunno if I want to try and track down parts of UK pony hair she might just have to get a sort of substitute. It's alright though don't intend to sell her or anything, and I can live with something that is pretty close. Should I get Pusscat or maybe something else?

Formerly Maddie

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
I suggest you to order "pussycat" from Dollyhair. :)

The darker parts of the pony's hair in my pic are "pussycat", the lighter parts are real UK pony hair. I agree that it would probably last a long time to find UK pony donor hair for Clover. Clover has longer hair than regular ponies so I think you would need two UK pony tails for fully rehairing Clover.

And you could always change the Dollyhair rehair into real pony hair rehair if you happen to find donor UK pony tails one day..? :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:19:10 AM by Goldilocks »
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
trades:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »
I really thought the hank of kitten I had matched well. However I notice it is currently out of stock :( The other shade which I am thinking about getting a hank of to try out is the new pink sugar.

These pictures are borrowed from dollyhair.com so that I can show the comparison...the order is pussycat then kitten and then pink sugar

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »
I really thought the hank of kitten I had matched well. However I notice it is currently out of stock :( The other shade which I am thinking about getting a hank of to try out is the new pink sugar.

These pictures are borrowed from dollyhair.com so that I can show the comparison...the order is pussycat then kitten and then pink sugar

oooh I actually believe I have Pink Sugar and used it to rehair my Peachy. If that is the one I'm thinking of let me go get it here.

Very very soft light pink, but I actually don't have any Pussycat or ever had it to compare the difference in hand.

That being said here is another question actually. Would Pink Sugar be a good substitute for hair such as Little Flitter or Glows? Considering Pussycat fades so much.

Also very true Goldi. I'll try my best to keep on a search for it, so she can have her real hair someday. I don't want to make her suffer though waiting and will gladly just feel good fixing her hair up some. ;)

Formerly Maddie

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:03:07 PM »

Oh I'm surprised. I compared the "kitten" hank I had with many of my G1 ponies pink hair and it didn't match any... So I sold it to someone who customizes. Maybe the colour of "kitten" was different shade if I ordered it different date?

I noticed that "pink sugar" new colour in Dollyhair too :) The description says it's the lighter version of Sundance/Cotton Candy's hair match. Sundance's colour doesn't match UK pink though but maybe this lighter version would be closer..?
trades:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if its an age thing...we are matching "new" hair to hair which is 20-30 years old. Its probably not just faded but could be chemically/naturally damaged and that may not just fade it but shade it differently. No doubt if we lined up 10 Nice n Spicys side by side they would have minor shade differences.

I only used the kitten for a couple of plugs but perhaps the Nice n Spicy [oddly thats who it was I had], had hair colour slightly off hence why for me it matched but for yours it didnt?

I notice dollyhair claims its a lighter version than tearose [is that the right name?] and its kind of tough to tell on a picture on a computer monitor but for me it looks like an interesting option.

Goldilocks...do you think from madhatterda picture it looks a good match for that UK pink? Personally I think it does...although whether its showing right on the screen who knows.

@madhatterda - Glow and Little Flitter I would rehair with pussycat as although a little brighter and more intense than the original fading pink they had its probably a closer match than these other pinks :) I must be remembering incorrectly wasnt there a slightly lighter shade than that pussycat floating around a few years ago? A softer pink in a similar shade.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »
Goldilocks...do you think from madhatterda picture it looks a good match for that UK pink? Personally I think it does...although whether its showing right on the screen who knows.

@madhatterda - Glow and Little Flitter I would rehair with pussycat as although a little brighter and more intense than the original fading pink they had its probably a closer match than these other pinks :) I must be remembering incorrectly wasnt there a slightly lighter shade than that pussycat floating around a few years ago? A softer pink in a similar shade.

I think in the pic it looks like "pink sugar" could be at least as good as "pussycat". Even if it wouldn't be an exact match "pussycat" isn't an exact match either.

"Pussycat" has some slight neon shade of pink as well as the original UK hair. But "pink sugar" could be a matte colour like the original hair unlike "pussycat" which is more brilliant (at least "tea rose" is a matte colour). "Tea rose" has no neon shade and it's more purplish pink than the original hair but it's difficult to say if the lighter version has similar shade or not. It looks very suitable for Clover at least in the pic :)

Was that other version of fading pink called "fading rose"?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:48:38 PM by Goldilocks »
trades:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »
That may well have been the one I am thinking of Goldilocks thanks! Fading rose sounds familiar.

I think I ll see if I can get some of that pink sugar - worth a comparison to the UK ponies at least :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
I think the Pink Sugar would look cute!

I rehaired mine with Kitten and love it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal