collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I wonder if Bratzillas and La Dee da dolls...  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
I wonder if Bratzillas and La Dee da dolls...
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »
Will become hard-to-find dolls soon? You can go to Walmart now and find all of them. Wonder if that will change?

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder if Bratzillas and La Dee da dolls...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »
I don't think so, but that's just because I'm not a huge fan of either of them.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »
I think the Bratzillaz will. Both dolls are spamming commercials on the kids tv stations.. I know this because I watch cartoons lol. If I was a kid, I'd be begging for the Bratzillaz. I'm trying to get a full set before they become hard to find. The La Dee Da's are cool and all but I don't think tracking them down will be too hard. After seeing them in person, their not as colorful as I expected.  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:47:26 PM »
La Dee Das I doubt, but Bratzillaz is a maybe. I hope they don't because I want all 5 of the first Bratzillas.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:26 PM »
I'm guessing not. Anything can happen, but there hasn't been any sort of mad rush over either of them.

Of course, the Bratz community tends to embrace anything MGA puts out with the Bratz name, and they have generated some positive buzz. But they've also been plagued with a lot of QC issues (I've heard several reports of dolls coming out of the box with their heads detached), poor quality hair and they come with limited accessories. They do have a lot of potential, but they need to separate themselves from the pack. Right now, they come off as pricey MH/Liv hybrids.

LDD is lacking articulation, and they don't have a lot of play value. They have gorgeous hair and fun outfits, but they seem more like dolls that you put on the shelf and admire. They also lack any real built-in fanbase; Spinmaster's last foray into dolls was the now-defunct LIV line, which were an entirely different type of doll.

Time will tell if either of these lines becomes solid performers, or if they'll be hitting the clearance shelves after Christmas. But unless something major happens with them, I don't anticipate them becoming white-hot sellers like MH or MLP.

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »
I actually like Bratzillaz. I bought a Jade and she's beautiful, though admittedly her build-quality is quite [censor] (especially her hair... good god the hair). I saw some of the fashion packs due to come out and I loooove and neeeeds them.

I also bought a La Dee Da Sweet Party Tylie, and while she's cute as a button, she doesn't really pose well due to her static arms, and my doll's leg has an error (two left thighs making it hard to pose her legs). Sort of turned me off the line tbh as she was my first LDD doll and I was very excited to get her. However, her hair is so nice and soft.

Both need to be a bit cheaper, IMO.

I don't think either will reach Monster High levels of shelf fly-dom, but I think Bratzillaz will do quite well. Well, unless kids/collectors get fed up with the lackluster quality of their hair.

Blitzn

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 07:17:56 AM »
Yeah I agree bratzillaz will do well enough, but will never be HTF.  They will go on clearance at some point.  I actually got the first wave of MH on clearance, and suspect the current craze is created by Mattel (intentionally or not). 

I agree bratzillas are not "special" enough, and price point is too high (esp for their quality and accessories). I got one and haven't been able to get rid of her at cost, and wont be buying anymore unless they drop at least 30% in price (mostly just to steal their stuff). They'll end up overproduced like bratz, and most other dolls.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 07:56:03 AM »
I don't think so either. I think they will do well enough to stay on the shelves a while but hopefully they will escape the notice of the scalpers. Of course that could all change if either of them ends up on the top toy lists they have when Christmas shopping season starts in earnest.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

papier

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
I agree LDDs probably won't fly-off the shelves. It's not just their articulation (although I think it's probably less important to kids than we're led to believe), it's their lack of versatility. They are what they are...I think a kid would find it hard to imagine them as anything else during play. But as a collector, I want them purely to look at and brush the hair occasionally. :) So they're perfect for me.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
I agree LDDs probably won't fly-off the shelves. It's not just their articulation (although I think it's probably less important to kids than we're led to believe), it's their lack of versatility. They are what they are...I think a kid would find it hard to imagine them as anything else during play. But as a collector, I want them purely to look at and brush the hair occasionally. :) So they're perfect for me.

Oh, I totally agree that articulation isn't as important to most kids as it is adults. But the articulation is definitely a draw in lines like MH. The children I know who are into MH always comment on how they prefer playing with them because they can "do more stuff". My niece (well, my best friend's niece) always begs me to take more pictures of my dolls posing with each other.

I just think as more and more dolls gain articulation, lines that don't have it become less interesting. I love my LDDs, and I think they're gorgeous. But after I de-boxed them, they went on a shelf. I like to look at them, but I'm never really tempted to take them down and play with them.

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »

Oh, I totally agree that articulation isn't as important to most kids as it is adults. But the articulation is definitely a draw in lines like MH. The children I know who are into MH always comment on how they prefer playing with them because they can "do more stuff". My niece (well, my best friend's niece) always begs me to take more pictures of my dolls posing with each other.

I just think as more and more dolls gain articulation, lines that don't have it become less interesting. I love my LDDs, and I think they're gorgeous. But after I de-boxed them, they went on a shelf. I like to look at them, but I'm never really tempted to take them down and play with them.

I 100% agree about artculation, as a vintage Barbie lover/ collector I get a little dissapointed with some of my dolls as they can do next to nothing pose wise. I like the starit legged dolls cause there surder it seems but I do long to pose them. (Sighes) But they'd probably not of lasted 50 or more years if they were more poseable.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »

I personally think dolls with joints sell more because of the gorgeous pictures that they are in. I bought MH dolls because I wanted to make pretty pictures to. I can't do that with say, a Lala Loopsy doll for example. So I think La Dee Dolls will be left on the shelf while I go buy a MH or Liv doll instead.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal