collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76853 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1170 on: August 11, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
I was looking at my dolls the other day and realized some just don't "grab me" like they used to. I was debating on what to do with them. Should I hold on to them just in case it's a temporary feeling? or put them up for  sale to get money for the dolls I want? I would put them for trade here,  there are others doing the same thing here with the same dolls. I don't want to step on toes.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 11, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »
I was looking at my dolls the other day and realized some just don't "grab me" like they used to. I was debating on what to do with them. Should I hold on to them just in case it's a temporary feeling? or put them up for  sale to get money for the dolls I want? I would put them for trade here,  there are others doing the same thing here with the same dolls. I don't want to step on toes.

How long have you been feeling this? If it's just a day or two, I'd probably wait. Maybe remove them from your collection and put them in a box or something. If after a week or two you still feel the same way, put them up for trade/sale. You can always get them again in the future. Even if you have to spend more, it's not like they're OOK or "only 30 made" :) I even do this with things I can't get back, and I rarely have any real remorse over letting the stuff go. Something I learned from my mom, and it's served me well over the years.

As far as stepping on toes; there's nothing in the rules that say you can't sell the same thing as other people on here. As long as you make your own trade/sales post and don't hijack someone else's of course :P

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 11, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
I'm thinking of going back to tru today and seeing if they still have the signature Spectra doll that I saw in there the other day. Only thing that bugs me is that tru charges about $4 more for the signature dolls than the other stores :/
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1173 on: August 11, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »

How long have you been feeling this? If it's just a day or two, I'd probably wait. Maybe remove them from your collection and put them in a box or something. If after a week or two you still feel the same way, put them up for trade/sale. You can always get them again in the future. Even if you have to spend more, it's not like they're OOK or "only 30 made" :) I even do this with things I can't get back, and I rarely have any real remorse over letting the stuff go. Something I learned from my mom, and it's served me well over the years.

As far as stepping on toes; there's nothing in the rules that say you can't sell the same thing as other people on here. As long as you make your own trade/sales post and don't hijack someone else's of course :P

I agree, if its a new thing just wait for a week or 2 more. If its been an ongoing thing maybe it is time to let them go and sell to someone that will have that same spark you once had! :D And don't worry everyone is nice here so I don't think it will upset anyone with your sales! Just make sure your SURE before selling them  :pillow:

Post Merge: August 11, 2012, 10:26:00 AM

I'm thinking of going back to tru today and seeing if they still have the signature Spectra doll that I saw in there the other day. Only thing that bugs me is that tru charges about $4 more for the signature dolls than the other stores :/

I know there awful like that but gets all of us! :P Walmart has Spectra as well for about $20. :D Shes not too hard to find right now because shes in these recent assortments! You could call your local walmarts to check.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:26:00 AM by Frankie Stein »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 11, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
I haven't followed the CAM sets much since I haven't had much interest in them as I wanted to. How much are the retail CAM Add-ons? I see them on Amazon for about $10 is that how much they're usually going for retail or around the $6-8 Range?

After seeing NoDivision's Chubby Kalma picture, I'm actually tempted to getting them now. XD

congratz luvly thats a VERY good find! I hope you do very well on your finals so you can keep them!!! Fingers crossed for you!  :hope:
Aww thanks! :hug: Now I just have to wait for the email from the instructor and get the finals result. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 11, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »
I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet, but apparently Mezco Toys has lodged a trademark infringement suit against Mattel for using the same name as one of their Living Dead Dolls spinoff lines (Scary Tales):
http://www.law360.com/ip/articles/368979/mattel-hit-with-trademark-suit-over-monster-high-dolls

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:18:12 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1176 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
Oh, crap... While I doubt anything horrible is going to happen, it's possible that the Scary Tales dolls could be discontinued because of this... I bet they'll become waaay rare.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 11, 2012, 12:15:29 PM »
Oh, crap... While I doubt anything horrible is going to happen, it's possible that the Scary Tales dolls could be discontinued because of this... I bet they'll become waaay rare.

I hope not D: I already have a hard time finding someone who can get them for me o.o

Adoptable made by me

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #1178 on: August 11, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
I haven't followed the CAM sets much since I haven't had much interest in them as I wanted to. How much are the retail CAM Add-ons? I see them on Amazon for about $10 is that how much they're usually going for retail or around the $6-8 Range?

I'm pretty sure that retail is about $10.99  ^.^

MissSleepless

« Reply #1179 on: August 11, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
Hmm, I doubt it will go that far. Mattel is a -giant- in the industry. The worst that will probably happen is a name change on the boxes, so potentially the original boxes become rarer but not the dolls themselves if you see what I'm getting at?

Name change isn't an uncommon thing in the doll industry either, the most recent one I can think of being the original Lalaloopsys being called Bitty Buttons for the first few months of their life.

Don't painc! ;)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 11, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »
But Scary Tales isn't even the line's official name, is it?? The boxes say "A Monster High Story" and "Scarily Ever After" but I don't see "Scary Tales" anywhere... have I lost my mind? I really thought it was just the fan-bestowed name... :what:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »
But Scary Tales isn't even the line's official name, is it?? The boxes say "A Monster High Story" and "Scarily Ever After" but I don't see "Scary Tales" anywhere... have I lost my mind? I really thought it was just the fan-bestowed name... :what:

I don't know, it seems that Argos use the term scary Tales on the series ont heir site
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:04:19 PM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 11, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »
I don't know, it seems that Argos use the term scary Tales on the series ont heir site

Oh yes that's true! And I just looked at target.com and they use it as well. :nod: I wonder why it's not on the packaging anywhere then? Curiouser and curiouser... glad I'm not the lawyer who has to deal with this! XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

picklepud

« Reply #1183 on: August 11, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
Heads up UK Mosnter Hunters

Sainsbury's have a "Buy one, get one Half Price" on toys ....... including MH.

Just got all 4 of the "Ghouls Rules", 4 for the price of 3!!!!!!!!!!

Really lucked out and all are perfect.
Found a perfect Cleo (after seeing a few messed up ones), my, my she is stunning.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 11, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »
Heads up UK Mosnter Hunters

Sainsbury's have a "Buy one, get one Half Price" on toys ....... including MH.

Just got all 4 of the "Ghouls Rules", 4 for the price of 3!!!!!!!!!!

Really lucked out and all are perfect.
Found a perfect Cleo (after seeing a few messed up ones), my, my she is stunning.

Why aren't i in UK?! :O

I cannot stand how my CaM set only has 1 torso. They really should have put in 2! Now i can only make one monster because i don't have torsos enough  :pullhair: loose they're quite expensive on Ebay (like, im not gonna pay $20 for only a torso. I could just buy a doll for that)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal