collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76765 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1125 on: August 09, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
Yeah, I remember your experiences. As much as I want her, I'll have to pass until I see her in store. I don't want to deal with problems from big corporations that will just say LOL SRY.. RETURN 4 REFUND.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:53:43 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 09, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »
I don't have the DDG girls (yet ;))  What kind of hip joints do they have?

I fear for the day when I have to complain about a doll to Mattel.  Some people complain about small things.  I'm afraid Mattel will stop being so helpful soon.  Kinda like what happened to Pickle.  He has a BIG problem, right out of the box, and they blow him off.  Others complain about a defect two years after they buy the doll, that has been played with for those two years, and they get a free doll.  I don't get it. 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 09, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »
I complained about Spectra's legs myself, included a photo and all the information they could need and they granted me a $18 voucher for use in-store for any Mattel/Fisher Price item. All hope isn't lost for Pickle! ;A;
I just know that out there is a bunch of scalpers with fake "issues" getting free toys.. :/
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 09, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
I don't have the DDG girls (yet ;))  What kind of hip joints do they have?

I fear for the day when I have to complain about a doll to Mattel.  Some people complain about small things.  I'm afraid Mattel will stop being so helpful soon.  Kinda like what happened to Pickle.  He has a BIG problem, right out of the box, and they blow him off.  Others complain about a defect two years after they buy the doll, that has been played with for those two years, and they get a free doll.  I don't get it. 
My DDG Spectra has plastic hips.

And yeah... it's even worse because I have had legitimate issues with dolls before.. and I've made so many complaints to them I am worried they will start blowing me off just as I get another big one. A few of the ones I got new dolls from were just me explaining the issues, and not really looking for a new doll... ugh.

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1129 on: August 09, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
I complained about Spectra's legs myself, included a photo and all the information they could need and they granted me a $18 voucher for use in-store for any Mattel/Fisher Price item. All hope isn't lost for Pickle! ;A;
I just know that out there is a bunch of scalpers with fake "issues" getting free toys.. :/

Hopefully the scalpers dont ruin Mattels good custimer service...

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 09, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
My first SS Lala has a row of plugs missing in the back of her head.  It's hairline plugs, too!  You know, the IMPORTANT ones!  I never did anything about it because I'm so afraid they won't take me seriously if I make multiple complaints.  I can look past Lala's hair.  It's behind her head.  Who ever looks back there? :lol:  Plus I knew I'd get another with the SS 5 pack.  I guess I'm afraid of using my one complaint on something small. (I know you aren't limited to one complaint, I just worry, for me, it will be) 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 09, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

I also got a voucher from Mattel cause our Wave 1 Clawdeen's legs fell off...the elastic thingy got weak and broke....and my daughter is very careful with her MH dolls ....gotta find the tutorial for fixing those legs!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1132 on: August 09, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
My first SS Lala has a row of plugs missing in the back of her head.  It's hairline plugs, too!  You know, the IMPORTANT ones!  I never did anything about it because I'm so afraid they won't take me seriously if I make multiple complaints.  I can look past Lala's hair.  It's behind her head.  Who ever looks back there? :lol:  Plus I knew I'd get another with the SS 5 pack.  I guess I'm afraid of using my one complaint on something small. (I know you aren't limited to one complaint, I just worry, for me, it will be)
I've made multiple complaints and they've taken me seriously about every one of them. I've gotten a couple of vouchers and several free dolls.

The first time, I e-mailed them to say that I had a bunch of dolls that were really floppy and was there any way I could tighten them up. They asked which specific dolls and then sent me a voucher for the RRP for all of them.

I also had a wave 2 Frankie whose arm peg broke inside her arm. They sent me a RM Frankie as a replacement.

I also complained about my Home Ick Frankie, who had glue seepage and a stuck knee. They sent me a new Home Ick Frankie.

More recently, I contacted them about my wave 1 Frankie with the wonky eye. I wanted to know if it would be possible to get a new head, if not a full new doll, but if not, not to worry about it. They sent me an $18 voucher.

Just to be clear, I've never actually *asked* for anything from them. I've always just contacted them to let them know what the problem is and ask if there is anything I can do to fix it. They have always surprised me with their generosity. Mattel USA seems much more willing to address problems than Mattel Australia, who, when they bother to respond at all, either tell you to take it back to the store or that they simply can't help you. Once, with my first Mad Science Lagoona, whose ears were mispierced, they offered to replace her with something else (they made it quite clear they couldn't guarantee what I'd get in return) as long as I returned everything to their local warehouse.

I'll just say that I much prefer Mattel USA's customer service. Not only are they more generous, but they also seem to have better systems in place. For instance, when they do send you a replacement, they send you a receipt e-mail telling you the exact thing they're sending you and when it was mailed and so on. Mattel Australia doesn't do that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:31:48 PM by pukunui »

Midnight_Echo

« Reply #1133 on: August 09, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »
I bought a Spectra that has TWO Right hands... So I sent them an email asking if they had a Left Hand I could buy. They were so nice and ended up mailing me an $18 voucher. I didn't need picture proof or anything. All I wanted was the correct hand, but apparently they didn't have replacement parts for her. That's alright with me, I can supplement my collection with that nice surprise from them.

Nein

« Reply #1134 on: August 09, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
Anyone know if I can use goo gone spray gell to get the grease out of my dolls hair? dish soap didn't work :(

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1135 on: August 09, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Anyone know if I can use goo gone spray gell to get the grease out of my dolls hair? dish soap didn't work :(

I hear goo gone does work for that!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 09, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Mattel USA customer service really sounds sooo nice! :D I've only contacted Mattel Canada once, to tell them I was upset that the twins didn't come with stands. They sent me the generic "we'll pass along your thoughts" form letter, that's all... no offer to send me a couple of stands... they didn't even ask if they could do anything for me :huh: Not sure what they'd do if I complained about any actual doll flaws but somehow I suspect they wouldn't send me a voucher! :razz:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Takoto

« Reply #1137 on: August 09, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask,  but I have a question about Monster High stuff, for anyone living in the UK.

How easy is it to find Toralei Stripe dolls?
I've not looked, much, but I really want one (or at least will, in a few weeks when I have the money). I love cat girls so I quite want her. I've found the Meowlody and Purrsephone dolls in quite a few places so I'm not too worried about not being able to buy them.

I'm pretty much a beginner to Monster High stuff, sorry if this is a really dumb question;;

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 09, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
I'm glad other people have had good service from mattel. I've not had a good experiance with them in the past and I've gotten brushed off. Which almost puts me off of MH?

Takoto-I'm not sure she is being shipped to stores anymore.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 09, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »
I have never had a single problem with any MH doll.No glue seepage, no wonky faceups, no floppiness, no wrong limbs/short limbs....they've all been great. I guess I've been lucky. Wait....my Nefera's stand didn't work. That's it lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal