collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77317 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #960 on: August 06, 2012, 01:43:37 PM »
Ahh amenoo your Snow Bite art is so perfect! :lovey:

I can try to pick up extra 3-packs if people here need them, if/when my Walmart gets them (they'd better!!) They seem to stock fairly well, I just have to be there at the right time. Hoping they're not going to be too expensive here... the DotD 3pack last year was $35 Cdn but I bet the DDG will be more this year. All the dolls' prices are up--and they were bad enough here already  >_<
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 06, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »
I think this might have been mentioned already, but what do y'all think about

CleoXDeuce vs RochelleXDeuce?

Personally, I'd like them to keep Deuce and Cleo together. There are many reasons, but the main one is how well they compliment each other. Sure, Cleo may be an outspoken diva, but she's also generous and has a kind heart. She's not a villain (although the first set of webisodes portrayed her that way) and I think she and Deuce balance each other out.  Also, storyline wise, it looks like Nefera is coming back, and I really wouldn't want to see Cleo take two hits in one go.

One thing I've always enjoyed about this line is how not every character is obsessed with having a boyfriend. There are three with canon "significant others", with Ghoulia's possible romance with Slo-Mo being a fourth. But other than Frankie and Rochelle, the others are pretty "whatever" about finding a mate, and I like that. I think breaking up the quintessential couple would change this dynamic a lot. Also, I wouldn't like the implications of a strong, outspoken female losing her long term boyfriend to a more subtle, "feminine" character. So far, they've done a great job of showing different dynamics (Operetta having a platonic relationship with Deuce and Holt comes to mind); Clawd and Lala already portray the jock/girly-girl couple. No need for another one so similar.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #962 on: August 06, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
THAT'S IT.

I'm putting out a APB on the Ghost Girl CAM pack. I CAN NOT find this thing anywhere! Has anyone got it in their area still? If I'm going to pay above retail and for shipping, I'd rather it be you guys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 06, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
THAT'S IT.

I'm putting out a APB on the Ghost Girl CAM pack. I CAN NOT find this thing anywhere! Has anyone got it in their area still? If I'm going to pay above retail and for shipping, I'd rather it be you guys.

My experience with Puma boy has been similar! I did find one Ghost girl set for myself, about a month ago - but I've never seen her again since, and never seen him at all. I'm trying to wait him out, as surely they're going to produce more, they're still shipping the original three after all. Maybe they stopped sending Ghost and Puma for now because the new 5-torso pack is intended for the others?

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 06, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
I've seen the Puma boy and the ghost girl in the past week.

I'll try to get the Ghost girl if I come across her again.

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #965 on: August 06, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
Cleo and Deuce are too ridiculously OTP for me to seriously see with anyone else. Also, kinda ship RochelleXRobecca so... ;p

That aside, totally need DDG Abbey in my life! So pretty!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #966 on: August 06, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »

My experience with Puma boy has been similar! I did find one Ghost girl set for myself, about a month ago - but I've never seen her again since, and never seen him at all. I'm trying to wait him out, as surely they're going to produce more, they're still shipping the original three after all. Maybe they stopped sending Ghost and Puma for now because the new 5-torso pack is intended for the others?

Oh, I saw the Puma Boy today! Were you still looking for him?

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 06, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »

Oh, I saw the Puma Boy today! Were you still looking for him?

I am, actually! :)

Edit: found the wings!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:41:53 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 06, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »
I think this might have been mentioned already, but what do y'all think about

CleoXDeuce vs RochelleXDeuce?

Personally, I'd like them to keep Deuce and Cleo together. There are many reasons, but the main one is how well they compliment each other. Sure, Cleo may be an outspoken diva, but she's also generous and has a kind heart. She's not a villain (although the first set of webisodes portrayed her that way) and I think she and Deuce balance each other out.  Also, storyline wise, it looks like Nefera is coming back, and I really wouldn't want to see Cleo take two hits in one go.

One thing I've always enjoyed about this line is how not every character is obsessed with having a boyfriend. There are three with canon "significant others", with Ghoulia's possible romance with Slo-Mo being a fourth. But other than Frankie and Rochelle, the others are pretty "whatever" about finding a mate, and I like that. I think breaking up the quintessential couple would change this dynamic a lot. Also, I wouldn't like the implications of a strong, outspoken female losing her long term boyfriend to a more subtle, "feminine" character. So far, they've done a great job of showing different dynamics (Operetta having a platonic relationship with Deuce and Holt comes to mind); Clawd and Lala already portray the jock/girly-girl couple. No need for another one so similar.

I like the fact that not all the characters are obsessed with finding a romantic partner too. Also, Cleo/Deuce are pretty low-key. Aside from the episode with Operatta, Cleo isn't too full of jealous drama unlike a lot of other characters from similar series.

Also, I have a great fondness for Cleo and I'd really not like to see her be treated horribly for no good reason other than needless plot :( If there was a legitimate reason that she and Deuce grew apart, then I would have no problem with Rochelle/Deuce. However, it would have to make sense, and I doubt there's enough room in the webisodes and diaries to show such a change well.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 06, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »

Ghouless [EXPLORED] by BratzBoi™, on Flickr

Just saw this one om flickr, Oh God Venus and Spectra look awesome in curled hair :D

Adoptable made by me

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 06, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
The monster virus caught me too! I'm having for & looking forward to find more! ;)

Welcome to the club! I tried to leave.... but I ended up coming crawling back. XD

I understand ;) They're just tóó adorable... i just started watching the videos and it's awesome. I bought my 2nd Lagoona today! :D

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 06, 2012, 03:41:02 PM »
They look amazing...

*grabs Spectra, the kettle and some curlers*

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 06, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »

Just saw this one om flickr, Oh God Venus and Spectra look awesome in curled hair :D

who do I have to kill to get that frankie?  L.O.V.E.  :D
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 06, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »

I am usually never a big fan of tweeking doll paint jobs, but those? Those are BRILLIANT! I want them all!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:04 PM »
They look amazing...

*grabs Spectra, the kettle and some curlers*

Just make sure the water isn't too hot. Spectra has kanekalon, and it's more prone to frizzing at really high heats. I believe Mandy says she gets it to about 150 degrees.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal