collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76708 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2012, 04:55:27 PM »
I am really irritated right now. I opened DDG Spectra, her hair is soft but looks like it has dreadful split ends. I decided to take out the pony tail and try to straighten the kinks out using hot water, her hair starting falling out and I can hardly comb through it its a big tangled disgusting mess and that's after washing it with shampoo and conditioner! What the crap!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #421 on: July 27, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »
Gahhhh, I am feeling so tortured right now. Last weekend when I had money I went to Target looking for the ST girls... they didn't have them. Now, when I'm broke and in between paydays, I look online and it says my stores have them! DARN IT WALLET, WHY YOU GOTTA BE EMPTY?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #422 on: July 27, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
I am really irritated right now. I opened DDG Spectra, her hair is soft but looks like it has dreadful split ends. I decided to take out the pony tail and try to straighten the kinks out using hot water, her hair starting falling out and I can hardly comb through it its a big tangled disgusting mess and that's after washing it with shampoo and conditioner! What the crap!

That sounds horrible! I hope you're able to fix it somehow, if I knew something I'd help you out! D:

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #423 on: July 27, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »
oh no!!! I haven't tried that with my DDG spectra yet, now I am scared to!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 27, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
Weird, my Spectra didn't tangle too badly when I tried to rinse out her hair. Though I didn't go all in and use real hot water or get down to the nitty gritty of trying to get that stupid bump out of her hair. I should probably go do that now while it's on my mind >_>;

When hair gets tangled for me I go really slow and work little by little and it usually works.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #425 on: July 27, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »
That's the weird thing, once its wet, it feels like stringy and gross. And no matter how many times I try to untagle it by combing it slowly it tangles again once I touch it! It makes no sense. I just really hot tap water to try getting the bump out, which obviously didn't do any good cause once I got her hair wet I couldn't even hardly comb through it. Ugh, how annoying.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 27, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
Kankelon (sp?) hair feels badly to me when it's wet.  I feels different than Saran.  Is this your first Spectra/Ghoulia?  It'll feel better when it dries.  Maybe wait to brush it out until then?  Not sure what to say about the hair loss :huh:  Hope it wasn't too much.  I haven't lucked out and found the DDG girls so I'm not speaking with any sort of experience (although I do own almost every doll, and I wash them ALL out.)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 27, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »
found venus,robecca, and the nocturnal and mythical CAM's today at a Meijers store in Michigan ... they had put out two cases of the new signature dolls meaning 4 of each so i was looking through them to find the besst ones (one of each for me and one more of each for somebody here) and i ended up having to fight tooth and nail to get one venus and one robecca and one of each of the CAM's and had people following me around the store afterwards ... this is getting stupid crazy scary :\ :(

the new CAM sets have two heads (different colors), one torso, one set lower legs, one set lower arms/hands ... NO WIG, shoes, clothes ... so you can't even build half a monster really ... why two heads? rediculous ....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:25:15 PM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
Okay, I promise that wasn't me following you around for the Elusive Two. I never left Fla today LOL

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 27, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »
I didn't have too many problems just now working with my DDG... yeah the hair does feel.. odd when wet but I actually think I got some bit of the kink out using near boiling water! (Which.. I burned my self with a bit.........) I did loose a good bit of hair this time around... but I was also a bit more forceful in brushing. Mainly because I think the problem with DDG's hair (with the bump/kinks I mean) is under the hair, it was so crimped.. and at least mine looks a little better.... I'll know for sure once she's dried.. and her head isn't.. flopping.. everywhere... ><;

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 27, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
As an aside, is anyone who styles their doll's hair having trouble with Robecca's? It's a different texture than most of the girls, and it tends to puff out like the CaM wigs. I've gotten it into a passable state, but I really want the lovely waves her proto has.

I don't have Robecca yet, but I have managed to tame the nastiest of CAM wigs:)  Namely the Werewolf/Dragon wig.  I used Dove conditioner.  The moisturizers in the conditioner really works through the frizz.  It does leave the hair a bit greasy though, so beware.  Maybe use a shampoo afterwards?

I like it because it gives the hair a weighed down, glossy, almost separated look.  Reminds me just a bit of Picklepud's photos.  Every hair perfectly in place.  Just wish it FELT better :huh:  But if Robecca's hair feels like that Werewolf wig, I prefer a little grease over a lot of frizz:)  Hope this helped alittle.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 27, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Okay, I promise that wasn't me following you around for the Elusive Two. I never left Fla today LOL

LMAO i'm sure you would have commented on my "bubble pony" is best pony shirt lol but at least i can rest assured it wasn't a freindly arena member following me lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
I was looking at MH fakies... And saw this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/544290197/Chenghai_monster_high_dolls_wholesale_toy/showimage.html

"Jackson" is HILARIOUS!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #433 on: July 27, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »
I was looking at MH fakies... And saw this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/544290197/Chenghai_monster_high_dolls_wholesale_toy/showimage.html

"Jackson" is HILARIOUS!

Hahaha that is hilarious! I didn't even know there were MH fakies..

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #434 on: July 27, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »
Found the ST dolls today XD

The mobile product search is saying that they're in stock everywhere around here now (currently in Mason, OH with my boyfriend), and I was able to get store employees to go check the back for them without much problem. Except for when I asked to see a second Clawdeen...because the first one had a huge gob of glitter on her eye >.>

I hope I can find the rest that I'm looking for right now before I have to go home to Canada... Venus, Robecca, Ghoulia w/her scooter, and the Ghoulia-Abbey 2 pack.... anyone know for certain if they're in stock anywhere along I-75 north of Mason (preferably not too far off the highway)?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal