collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77320 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #405 on: July 27, 2012, 02:58:29 PM »
Random note in case anyone is interested: The RM dolls come in a box with 1 Frankie, 1 Lagoona, 2 Ghoulia, and 2 Operetta, or at least the box at Target today that the nice man brought from the back for me had that breakdown.

The other Target near me decided to start resetting today, but only the Barbie isle.... They said that the reason their system says they have signature dolls but the scanners can't find a backroom location (DPCI 086-02-0477) is that they are on a pallet in the back with a whole lot of other toys, not scanned into a location, so they can't (and she said won't) go find them. [I'm not trying to be catty, just relaying what she said. I understand that to search that backroom for multiple pallets would be a waste of their time] So there many be a set of the Elusive Two near me!!

Yeah, the toys that are being prepared to go out during the reset are hard to find. They would have to go through tons of boxes to find the right one.

They had buggies full of Barbie stuff, I don't know where they are going to put it all LOL
I don't envy them one bit having to sort through all of that. When I worked at Target, I worked in "softlines" which is just clothing, so we never went through anything like this on our side of the store LOL
Also, a REALLY cute Disney isle is going up, my friend who works there says that Target and Disney are pairing up all over the store, in ladies wear, mens wear, these adorable stuffed animals, she said it was pretty big.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Random note in case anyone is interested: The RM dolls come in a box with 1 Frankie, 1 Lagoona, 2 Ghoulia, and 2 Operetta, or at least the box at Target today that the nice man brought from the back for me had that breakdown.

The other Target near me decided to start resetting today, but only the Barbie isle.... They said that the reason their system says they have signature dolls but the scanners can't find a backroom location (DPCI 086-02-0477) is that they are on a pallet in the back with a whole lot of other toys, not scanned into a location, so they can't (and she said won't) go find them. [I'm not trying to be catty, just relaying what she said. I understand that to search that backroom for multiple pallets would be a waste of their time] So there many be a set of the Elusive Two near me!!

I know exactly where the pallet is in my Target's backroom. But it is... FORBIDDEN! It's all wrapped up with heavy duty plastic wrap and has signs all over it saying not to move it until the scheduled set. I feel like Eve in the Garden of Eden whenever I have to walk past it to put something back there lol.

I actually had a nice little chat about MH with a guest on the phone today. She said she was looking for a MH doll and I was like "Scary Tales?". I told her when to call back and that we did have one box, just that I wasn't allowed to open it yet. Hopefully she'll manage to get one when we put them out. I would have offered to hold one for her, but I won't be working that day.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
Been doll hunting today, no sign of Venus or Robecca (i was being optistic hunting for them anyway) but we haven't had the re-release cases yet either, and i'm starting to think we'll never see them here  >_< I really want Frankie and Clawdeen, i missed them the first time. Have the re-released dolls actually been turning up outside of the US? I'm very curious to know since i assume as soon as Robecca and Venus start showing up its a sign we won't be getting them?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
I have one ST Frankie and one ST Lala left if anyone is looking.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has has seen this:

I often notice dolls with what looks like a shiny clear substance on the face, like glue or something?

What is this? Does it happen often to you all? I have seen a couple now with this.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
The re-release for Clawdeen is for her 2nd release tho, right? (the school's out?)
I really, really want her very first release. Where she looks like in the shows. But that one is always RIDICULOUSLY expensive. >_<

LiquidCyanide: At least in germany we don't seem to be getting the re-releases. Not in stores and none for preorder in various webstores yet however. So that's mostly a sign they won't be showing up. :7

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
Trixie Stix- That's just gel from their hair. It's pretty easy to remove. If you don't want to actually wash your hair you can take a damp washcloth and wipe it off.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
TrixieStix: I think its glue/whatever they use to make the hair so stiff. A few of mine have it, i've been meaning to wash it off, but not gotten around to it yet.

Fräulein_Kim: Yeah the re-release is the School's out version, I like her first version too, just not her face. I much prefer School's outs face but for everything else i prefer wave 1. Luckily i have wave 1 Clawdeen's outfit that i plan to dress School's out in. Although getting her isn't looking good :(

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2012, 03:42:30 PM »
Agh.. I don't like wave 2's outfit much. A bit tacky even for Clawdeen. LOL. xD
Never paid much attention to the face yet, tho.. will check it out! :D

But if BOTH will be hard to get for us europeans, I rather save up for just the 1st release, for her price sure is crazy. Like.. MIMIC-level. For a doll from just 2 years ago.. oO

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »
Same here, thats why i missed her the first time, i didn't have anything else to dress her in and that outfit is awful XD

I know wave 1's price is insane! I frequently watch her loose on ebay and it always gets quite crazy. I think she was hard to find when she was first released, i don't think i ever saw one in person, but still i'm sure she wasn't £40-£60 rare and thats just loose!  :blink:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »
Yeah, I made a thread about her here some days ago actually. People mentioned that she was short-packed for whatever reason and that there was also issues with her bio/diary down the line, because it included lines about her 'shaving', which maybe caused her to be pulled from shelves. :C

I also watch all the auctions for her in the EU (b/c of customs.. argh) for quite a while now. I'm still hesitating, but she's growing on me fast, so I'll probably cave seeing there might not be a re-relase if they already put out wave 2. Still hoping for one, tho.... ;^;

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »
Good luck getting her! I think it was mentioned somewhere that the first wave were 'retired'. Its all just rumours though and they did re-release the first Lala, so who knows what they'll do in the future, i mean no one was expecting what they did with Cupid.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »
Thanks you two!  :P  I was hoping it was simple.  I appreciate the info very much!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
Been doll hunting today, no sign of Venus or Robecca (i was being optistic hunting for them anyway) but we haven't had the re-release cases yet either, and i'm starting to think we'll never see them here  >_< I really want Frankie and Clawdeen, i missed them the first time. Have the re-released dolls actually been turning up outside of the US? I'm very curious to know since i assume as soon as Robecca and Venus start showing up its a sign we won't be getting them?

I haven't seen them in Canada either and I really want Draculaura 1 and Frankie 2!

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »
all of the targets in my area are sold out of ST... glad I got mine when I did. 2 day's and 6 cases are gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal