collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76675 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
This just sucks...gotta say I always get a bit miffed when I have something in my cart and then am told it's sold out. Frankly it doesn't make sense. If you were in a real store, that's like someone walking up and yanking your stuff out of your shopping cart and there's nothing you can do about it.

If it's in your cart it should be reserved, if only for a few minutes to allow you to get through the order process

this! if she'd never made it in my cart I'd be less annoyed.  I have time before I have to go back to work for a quick target run, if there's still no venus, robecca, or scary tales I am going to be raging later.  At least I got my Deaths.  Which are STILL IN STOCK.  *bangs head on keyboard*

well I refreshed the page manually at noon, got to add her to cart, and log in without getting the waiting room page either time. If I didn't get it when entering my order, I couldn't have possible been that far back on a queue could I? Yet I was sitting on the screen for almost 20 min before getting to the screen to confirm my address. The whole waiting room thing was total crap

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2012, 09:36:08 AM »
Well yeah, people that know what they're doing (scalpers) knowing how to use proxies and other things to give them a higher amount of toys screws it over for anyone.

I had no money so I didn't even bother to look :/

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »
I had her in my cart, and I was scrabbling to complete the order, and I....... I don't know.  I just lost it.  I had her.  All I had to do was keep my cool.  Ugh!  It's not the end of the world though.  It's not like I can't find her on ebay.  She's just not worth $80!  I question whether she worth $25.  I am so sad/angry right now.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »
I had her in my cart, and I was scrabbling to complete the order, and I....... I don't know.  I just lost it.  I had her.  All I had to do was keep my cool.  Ugh!  It's not the end of the world though.  It's not like I can't find her on ebay.  She's just not worth $80!  I question whether she worth $25.  I am so sad/angry right now.

Keeping your cool wouldn't have helped. I kept my cool in that stupid waiting room and lost her anyways. Nothing you could have done.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
Well I sent Mattel a nice long email. I'm really dissoppionted in how the site is runned. I can't believe a business is run like that.

Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:16:41 AM by SwordPony »

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »
Yeah I'm irritated but I didn't expect much.... Too bad for the kids that wanted these they suffer more then we do.

Guess I have to be on top of it when I call target on Wednesday... Wish me luck there.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »
Yeah I'm irritated but I didn't expect much.... Too bad for the kids that wanted these they suffer more then we do.

Guess I have to be on top of it when I call target on Wednesday... Wish me luck there.

Good luck!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
Congrats to those that got through and my condolences to those that didn't get her. :( I have a fast internet connection and tried to pick up some extras for those here who missed out but I couldn't get past the checkout page. I had all of my info preloaded and added two to my cart immediately, but when the billing confirmation loaded the "next/confirm" button didn't load with it for some reason. By the time I was able to reload, she was sold out.

My boyfriend surprised me the other night and told me Scarah's in the mail after hearing my SDCC connections fell through, so I'm eternally grateful to him right now because I was planning on just trying my hand at mattycollector and I likely wouldn't have even bothered otherwise. I'm so happy I have someone who supports my insanity the way he does, lol, I don't know what I'd do without him sometimes.

This was nuts though, the past two exclusives were a cakewalk to track down when compared to this. I really hope that next year's exclusive isn't a unique character because I can only see this getting more ridiculous if that's the case. Since we had no word on DOA this year, I have this awful feeling of dread that she's going to be set for next year's con if we see her at all.  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »
Hmm, well I guess its good I didn't even bother trying because I doubt I would have ended up getting her anyway. Sorry to those who tried to get her and weren't able to :( I can't believe how bad the SDCC exclusives (:muffin: Pony and Scarah) were this year, how rediculous. Like others have said, its a real shame for the kids who look forward to getting one and want one badly but aren't able to get one.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Quote from: someone on Another Pony Site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7TZ9otg2I&feature=player_embedded
^ Guy from Entertainment Earth talking about the dance class budget set.

Lagoona: Ballet
Operetta: Swing
Howleen (YEAH!): Hiphop. With pink hair.
Robecca:...."The Robot"? I have no idea how you dress for doing The Robot.

OMG

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2012, 10:54:21 AM »
I'm just eternally gratefully I got the chance to get Scarah. Ditzy wasn't even available to order in the UK and unless hasbro are saving the few they have left for Ponycon there is no way us UK people can get her unless we get her for stupid prices and extortionate shipping through ebay. I SO hope Hasbro adds overseas shipping before next year.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
I had a dentist appointment today.  My dad grabbed his laptop and I tried on my phone.  We got stuck in a loop once she was for sale.  He was able to add her to the cart but she was gone when it finally went to the check out.  I asked my boyfriend if he'd try to snag her when I was out, as my backup.  He's got some magic luck I'm really glad I didn't pick one up from a pre seller at 70+. 

Offline KneonT

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shadowbinders
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »
I was able to get for my Daughter.    She LOVES Monster High!  They are her favorite toys.  Next year my husband will be at SDCC and hopefully he can score anything they have.  This year we couldn't find anyone to help us out, so I am glad I was able to get one.

I was in 25 mins before it started to make sure I could get the page to load.  I hit cart within 5 seconds of launch, and still had a few mins. of wait. 

I am so excited about the news of the Howleen Hip Hop doll.  She wants Howleen really bad, but they are so $$$.
Steampunk, Fantasy, Magic, and Mecha
shadowbinders.com

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »
The seller I pre-ordered my Scarah from still hasn't replied to an email I send, to let me know if he got her for me. Yet I've seen other people confirm they got a Scarah..

I'm quite worried right now. I wouldn't mind buying her elsewhere for a high price but I'm afraid I won't get my money back from this seller. ;_;

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
Bleh, the exclusives were insanity this year. As somone who's been trying for :muffin: Pony, I know how you all feel...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal