collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76009 times)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Got shamed by a nine-year-old at TRU today.

"Aren't you a little old for this?"

"You're never too old to have fun, kid."

...still kind of stung, though. First time actually out of the house and at TRU in months, and this happens? Ugh. My social anxiety was right. I'm gonna stick to ordering everything online from now on.

Besides, they didn't have Ghoulia and the scooter. Just the scooter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »

Ugh, what a rude kid!

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »

I love your reply:)

Made a discovery today:
To make a a stand for your boy MH dolls push the clamp part of the girl's stands down as far as it will go, then you can clamp it onto one of the boys legs. It's not the greatest but it works!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
What a rude child.. oô
Never had that kind of thing happen to me ever.. I think most people, kids & adults alike, assume that I am buying gifts. :|

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
...wow kids these days. I probably would have had some snarky remark. Which is not good for a 23 year old woman to be telling a nine year old off. Oops. But still, not right, if her mother/father/person who brought her there was around I probably would have said something like "Hm, it seems like your snot nose brat doesn't deserve a toy today" >_____>;

In other news... my voucher is burning a hole in my pocket as it were. I have no clue when I can get to Walmart... and not knowing if Venus and Robecca would be there are not kills me aaaa.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »
My Little Dead Riding Hood arrived today. So cute, though I'm not terribly fond of the two short clips of hair in front. I just ordering some sparkly red leggings to go along with her skirt. Her red lips are sooo beautiful. Wish they have put even more red in her hair.

AH, SO JELLY! *^*
I demand pics, tuney,... LOTS OF PICS! :heart:

Ditto! I had one in my possession for a few days [purchased for an arena member overseas] and it almost killed me not to open it!!
We demand pictures!

Oh rayedelsol, would you, by chance, be willing to pick up another one if you ever see her again? :<
I'm currently looking for help obtaining one, as my only other chance is ebay and their prices are CRAZY. (no targets in germany, nor any other store like argos that would make distribution deals with them >_<)
I could pay ASAP, have money set aside just for this girl.. LOL.

But afaik she's not even officially out until the 29th or so?
Where do all you guys get her. AAh, the jelly is killing me. xD

5 Targets in my area currently have 6 dolls each in stock, but THEY CAN'T FIND THEM! I was so mad last night. I called one store and the girl confirmed that they had them in stock and told me just to let customer service know and they'd pull them for me. Yeah right! When I got there they couldn't find them in the stock room! I have Frankie and Lala on the way, just missing Clawdeen.

If they appear, I really want Lala and Clawdeen D:

Adoptable made by me

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »

If they appear, I really want Lala and Clawdeen D:

I'm on it! I'm going out in a bit to harass one of the stores, we'll see what happens :D

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
My Targets are all sold out of the Scary Tales dolls :( And I have a 5% off thingie for Target that is only good today...

Sorry, whine over.

...still kind of stung, though. First time actually out of the house and at TRU in months, and this happens? Ugh. My social anxiety was right. I'm gonna stick to ordering everything online from now on.

There is a lady that works at our TRU that thinks I am crazy, because I am in there like every day. I don't know what I would say if a kid said this to me... But I really like your response!

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »
Do you guys know what would've been an awesome line for MH?

Date lines, wwith all the dating pairs in pair-wise-boxes.

Cleo and Deuce (though there have already been one)
Lagoona and Gil
Lala and Clawd (though there have already been one)
Ghoulia and Slow Moe
Spectra and Invisi Billy
Frankie and Jackson/Holt

Adoptable made by me

TheLoveCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »

That is so sad... most of the kids Ive run into who say anything are just shocked that an adult likes the same things they do... they really think its cool. Of course, I have pink and black hair, so I've also been told that I look like Draculaura... XD

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »

Awh, what a rotten little kid.  >_< So sorry that happened to you. I have social anxiety too and I worry about things like that happening every time I'm looking at the dolls!  :cry: :hug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »

Once at a yard sale buying ponies, I was waiting on the kid to tell me how much she wanted for them, and she asked "Are these for your little girl?"  and I was like "nooo... I don't have kids, they're for me." She looks at me and says "Oh. I used to like ponies too, but then I grew up."  She was like 8. I thought it was hilarious, lol

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »
Ok, I finally figured out what's up with the ST dolls and the Targets in my area. All stores are showing availability and I confirmed that they all have 6 dolls. However, none of the stores can find them. They are not on the floor and they don't have a stock room location. Today I got confirmation that they are holding them until the shelf date of the 29th. I've also been told that they are marked as collectibles in their system. According to the manager I spoke to today, that means the employees are not supposed to help you find them, not bring them out from the stock room. So yeah, they're not making it easy!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2012, 05:15:29 PM »
Personally every time I see children in the aisle I give them an evil "back away from the toys" glare, because honestly I really really don't want to talk to them. Sometimes it doesn't save me though and they talk to me anyways XD

The only time I really enjoyed talking to one little girl was at goodwill, her and her grandma were grabbing LPS toys and so was I and the grandma noticed. She was like grab faster she's getting them too! (jerk!) and the girl promptly did the opposite and was like omg you like them too!? She was just so excited and talked to me for like an hour about them and we even traded for ones the other wanted :) She guiltily admitted after a time that her dad had told her she was too old for toys (she was like 11 wth?) and I looked at her and said "Well I'm 23, and if I'm not too old you're not either!" which she seemed encouraged by. I think girls especially are pressured to "grow up" and act older at younger and younger ages and it's really sad. They feel the need to then pull others down too.

Anyways back on topic! Gonna go out lookin tonight! Want me some dollehs!

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »
Ok, I finally figured out what's up with the ST dolls and the Targets in my area. All stores are showing availability and I confirmed that they all have 6 dolls. However, none of the stores can find them. They are not on the floor and they don't have a stock room location. Today I got confirmation that they are holding them until the shelf date of the 29th. I've also been told that they are marked as collectibles in their system. According to the manager I spoke to today, that means the employees are not supposed to help you find them, not bring them out from the stock room. So yeah, they're not making it easy!

Well what a bummer.

Adoptable made by me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal