collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30759 times)

TuxAndTails

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
Aw, I love those sibling photos! They're so sweet! :D

And the last one is hilarious. xD

Thanks! <3 Moxie kids make the best Liv siblings/younger relatives, haha.

Yeah, I had the wig sitting there and I was like 'hey wonder if this would fit him'. It actually does, lol! Doesn't fall off or anything. Too bad there's no Moxie Girls with super short hair.

I also love your Barbie baby pictures, she's so adorable and the Liv girls look so nice with her!

And Luvly, your new old camera takes great pics! I love the name you chose for your pregnant girl ^^

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »
aellos - Oh god, making OCs. I made one of my redheads, and it was so hard to find her a wig. Its not perfect in color (who puts tons of tiny black/brown streaks in crimson hair?), but its very close. She's my only redheaded Liv, and that really depresses me. I can't believe Spin Master did so much diversity with wigs, but there are only three red wigs, and none are a truly natural ref apparently! D<

But otherwise Liljah is gorgeous! I usually do poses with Nadia that involve things like her bad arm being behind her, on her hip (after doing the push-it-back thing), or just out of the frame. I can actually get her sitting on my Liv horse fairly realistically using the push-it-back trick.

Tux - You could get a True Hope one and put a wig on her? :)
And thanks! I'm so so so so so happy with the baby. She works so well!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TuxAndTails

« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
I really want one of the True Hope ones, but I've never actually seen one. They had the Bratz ones at TRU, but I looked all over and there weren't any Moxie girls. And I definitely haven't seen any around here. Hopefully they show up eventually, haha.
She really does <3 Liv dolls make the best moms, I remember getting so frustrated as a kid because my Barbies couldn't actually hold the baby, you had to kind of... balance it on their shoulder. But Livs can hold them perfectly xD

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
They have them here, in case you ever need one picked up for you. :) Last time I checked they had all of the Bratz ones and all of the Moxie ones. I'm going back to TRU maybe today or tomorrow so I'll look.

That they do! They can hold her so well, even Nadia with her bad arm looks pretty natural sitting there holding her. Jointed dolls are the best dolls.

Also, expect some really fun photos later! I got Merida today, along with something else. ;)
(Haven't checked for the newborn yet.)

Edit: The newborn has arrived (and is amazing!), as did a RAOPK. I'm crying right now so I'll take nice photos later.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:21:48 PM by Taxel »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
Has anyone straightened a Liv wig yet? I have a curly one and I really need the hair to be straight.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »
Has anyone straightened a Liv wig yet? I have a curly one and I really need the hair to be straight.

I hear the Boiled Water Method works. If the link doesn't work, tell me and I'll copy/paste everything.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
I've also heard boiling water, but I've yet to try it. I've tried VERY hot water from the sink, and the wigs always go back to curly/whatever within a few days. Does anyone know how the dolls (faces, eyes, bodies, etc) and the blue wig holder head things react to boiling water? Some of my wigs need to be on a head so they dry the way I want. XP

The newborn fakie arrived today, safe and sound! He actually looks a lot better than I thought, and has the same movement level as newborn Barbies (from what I recall from childhood). I definitely want another one or two, and highly recommend them! More photos to come later.

Spoiler

Today I also recieved my awesome Paradise Estate pieces! I’m going to post a proper brag thread shortly if you’re interested in seeing pony photos, but for now enjoy the Liv photos! It unintentionally turned into a mommy discussion group. xD Photos are organized by who they’re of.

Spoiler
Newly-named Abbey (blonde) and Rita with their little girl!

Hayden, with her newborn, and Sadie (I guess very early in pregnancy, if even pregnant at all? I dunno why else she’d be there xD).

The two really hit it off! Possible new couple? :D

Even shy Molly showed up! She didn’t talk much though.

And lastly, a silly shot of everyone drying off. xD

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
Tux those shots are adorable! Daniela and your Sophinas actually works well being sisters, which is wierd, because to me the Asian girl of the Moxie Girlz was always Lexa and Sophina would be the Mexican, while with my Livs, Daniela would be the Asian one. lol Hopefully you'll be able to get one of the True Hopes Doll. Now I'm tempted to getting TH Avery for that outfit, it'a such a perfect match with the red shirt, plaid skirt and denim vest.

Aellos: Liljah looks cute in that outfit. Do you plan on getting another Liv doll? She'll need a friend!  :sly:

Geeze, I'm still looking at the pictures of Kite with the baby, omg they're amazing together!! XD Can't wait to see more shots with this newborn fakie.

OK As for the hair boilwashing, I have done it several times first hand with hot water straight from the stove with a kettle and there have been no bad reaction result from it that I've experienced. Although I haven't done it with curly hair yet, with straight hair it gets rid of the dents and fold in the hair and makes it perfectly natural so I'm sure it'll straighten curly hair.

ETA: The private estate pool really makes a great wading pool/hot tub for the liv dolls, Congrats on getting it! Looks great with the stairs and the flowers, not to mention the sea pony statues. Now if only Capri was there with them.  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:44:54 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2012, 02:09:28 AM »
I dunno if I'll get another one. Everywhere around me already has them gone, and they don't appeal enough to me outside of the Wonderland series.
I do like my Liljah and I do plan on finding more outfits for her though down the line.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

TuxAndTails

« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2012, 02:12:58 AM »
Haha, yeah, I was just matching them up by eye color (brown eyes=Daniela, blue eyes=Sophie, green eyes=Hayden), and it worked out pretty good! I have two Lexa's and they've been dubbed Hayden's twin cousins, since they look a little too different to be siblings. Yeah, I hope so, I really love the idea of dolls supporting cancer research and the result is super cute. I'm actually glad MGA picked up the idea instead of Mattel, I think the baldness looks better with the larger heads of Bratz and Moxies then it would with tiny-headed Barbie, lol.

Taxel, your pictures look great! I love the mommy discussion group XD Hayden is so adorable with that purple wig. And the fakie newborn is so cute <3

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2012, 05:08:19 PM »
Thanks to Wardah for telling me about the Making Waves being on clearance (about $7.98) now at TRU, I went today and bought Daneila and Katie!!

HERES THE BEST PART!! I had these 2 on layaway for about 40ish. >,>; BUT Today, with 2 of the 5$ off coupons, I got them for $2.98 each!! So basically I got both of them for about 7ish after tax. Two for the price of one!! XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »
o.O
$2.98?! What?!

I may have to see if my TRU has them on sale, because if I could get Daniella for $2.98 that would be epic.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
So I just saw the most exciting thing in an ebay auction. I've been wanting to get the LIV doll with the blue eyes but only if I could find a red haired wig to put on her. I am really fond of red haired, blue eyed dolls! Well... I came across the LIV Bright Alexis doll on ebay and she wears an orange wig. Talk about getting close!!!

I'm thinking about buying it but I don't really want the doll.. just the wig.... *torn*

she looks like this:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »
See if you can find the Brites in stores. Liv is on serious clearance in most places, so you may find a better deal in person than on eBay or Amazon. That way you can also get a good look at the wig and make sure you like the color etc.

You'd be able to sell the accessories/clothes I'm sure, but you probably wouldn't find a buyer for the body (maybe the head).

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm going through my dolls right now, and I'm about ready to toss this bad one of Brites Katie. Just holding it and touching it has a weird feel to it. Like a cheap, hollow sh***y plastic feel. and they were going for 20 when they were first released. >,<;

If you do go to TRU, don't forget to print out the $5 off coupon! That's how it was reduced down to 2.98 There's a thread about it in the Pony Corral. speaking of which, I may need to go back and get another Making Waves Sophie, I have her stock on It's My Nature Sophie and I'm kinda not feeling it for some reason. >,<; Also her body is so very bad, her hip and left foot is super loose, like the feet flops around and won't stay in one spot, same with the hip. Gonna experiment and swap some heads.

Daniela has an amazing face! A definite must in my opinion, she's the one Tux used is her photos with the Moxie Girlz & Owen.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal