collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30783 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
True. lol

So far I'm liking this top, but for some reason I'm not liking the pants or shoes. @,@; Luckily I got it for $2.98 so it isn't THAT big of a loss. Need to make a MW outfit for this custom girl. XD
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »
Does anyone know what shoes fit Liv feet, besides their own? :\ Gosh, why do all the dolls I collect have big feet?! XD
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
I've heard MH shoes fit them.

TuxAndTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »
Jake is the only boy in the line and I think those 2 fashion packs for him were the only ones. The Date fashion pack and life guard one I think.

Today almost was a bad day, I searched for the sailor suit at 1 target that had it since forever, but they didn't have it anymore!! So I grabbed an extra wig. (Blue with blonde) then I went to another Target and OMG Everything Liv related was super dirt cheap. Spa dolls for about $5 something while the Liv for color were about $3 something!!!, so I gotta get some money to get them!! Not only that...They also had the sailor suit there instead!!! I never saw it there before. Grabbed it in a heartbeat. XD

Thank you! Haha, I think that's like... one of those things every doll owner attempts at some point, making their doll look pregnant. I'm so lucky to have the Barbie stomach, I actually found it used!

lol I think that is so true. XD I remember at some point in the beginning of my MH Collecting, I wanted to get another Lagoona doll and try to make her look pregnant and probably made her based off one of my OC Ideas. I even was tempted to sculpt a tummy onto her. XD (once i do  learn how.)
Oh wow I envy you so much XD I'm so desperate to find Liv on clearance, even if they were just the Liv for Color dolls; their wigs would probably be fun. But the only place that still carries them never has sales xP Though that might change, they have a million Twist and Dance dolls and I don't think those are great sellers or anything.
Congrats on the sailor suit!

I actually want to see a MH doll with some kind of pregnant stomach. With their super arched backs, that would be the funniest silhouette.

Does anyone know what shoes fit Liv feet, besides their own? :\ Gosh, why do all the dolls I collect have big feet?! XD
MH shoes fit great, but they have to have sides or straps or something. Like wave 1 Lagoona's sandal heels can't be worn by Liv at all, but wave 1 Frankie and DotD Lagoona shoes fit perfectly, they don't fall off at all. And DotD Lala's shoes fit, if you put an elastic over the foot and under the shoe. There's probably more but I don't own the shoes to check xD Boots also don't fit, I don't think.

Also, new page, new pictures :biggrin: I took these ones after it had started getting dark so they're a bit grainy, but whatever, haha. Hayden and her (Barbie) horse. And her bunny.

Spoiler

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
I actually want to see a MH doll with some kind of pregnant stomach. With their super arched backs, that would be the funniest silhouette.

lol since now that it's been mentioned, I bet someone will see this post and "steal" the idea now or something. >,< XD Gah Now I'm tempted to get another Mad Science Lagoona to open and go through with my original plan.

I want more liv outfits for my girls! I hope Barbie has some fashionable swimsuit or something to use.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »
God you guys I just want to take this stupid Liv and break her in every way possible because I can't hurt the $500 doll. I wish I still had the broken MW Sophie to destroy right now. >.<

NEVER try to rebody a doll if you're doll stupid in this sense and too poor to buy supplies. Today has been nothing but extreme stress, extreme frustration, and me extremely hating my dolls. I've been trying to get my Blythe on a Liv body so she doesn't just sit around being neglected, and both girls have fought me every step of the way and 90% of what people/Google are telling me simply doesn't work the way they say it does.

At least I'm getting some new Livs and wigs soon so I'll have some happy doll stuff. XP

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
Oh god that sounds terrible.

If it helps with the Liv head, what I did was after getting the hot water, I left them head down in the water and after the head got really squishy, I pushed the head in a little a little and then I tried to slowly maneuver it off.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2012, 11:37:37 PM »
This may just be the frustration talking, but I don't even want to look at the Blythe anymore. Their bodies are absolutely AWFUL, and if I can't rebody her (which it seems I can't) she's not worth keeping.

The icing on the cake? This doll that cost $500 is worth $100ish according to eBay, which could be completely wrong. She was a gift so it wasn't my money at all, but that just hurts. I could have gotten an actual BJD instead. If she actually sells I'll be able to get a major grail doll and maybe some Liv clothes, but god seeing that price was so crushing.

My Liv head was ridiculously squishy, but it wouldn't budge. She's a MW doll so I was even more terrified to use force, but I did pull at her head pretty well. It didn't move at all.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »
I can't explain too well what I did but when it got really squishy, I pinched at the neck hole to slightly stretch the hole for the head anchor to come out.

I'm actually looking forward to getting Magic spa Sophie now, but it's the color changing I'm a bit worried about. I'll never know till I try. XD

So far I'm thinking of a Sophie/Katie with brown eyes, Alexis with blue eyes and blonde hair. I can't think of any more mixes I'd like. Loving my Sophie with blue and green eyes but I wish there were more eye colors. XP I'd love it if they had a girl with red eyes or something. Have like an evil Frienemy of the group. lol
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2012, 01:21:44 AM »
Why are you worried about it? That's the best part. xD

Ooooh, I love those ideas! Alexis with blue eyes would be stunning.

Maybe it would be possible to use BJD eyes with them? If you found the right size and cut them down, or took out the Liv eye mech and put the eyes in like you would a BJD.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »
Just the temperature that causes the makeup to change and what would happen if she was dipped into steamy hot water concerns me. Although the gimmick does sound intriguing. lol

Most likely I'll be grabbing a the Spa Sophie and grab a Color Daniela and swap some of the eyes around.

I haven't gotten that much in BJDs and I don't think I'll want to. >,<
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2012, 01:37:15 AM »
Ahhh. I wouldn't put one in hot water, but I could experiment on Alexis's wig. Its atrocious. Speaking of, does anyone know how wig caps react to boiling water? I need to boil tame a wig (I don't care if it goes straight or stays curly or what, its an absolute nightmare right now), but pouring the water over it would be easier than dipping it.

That'd be cool. :3

Makes sense. And who knows how eye putty would react to Liv heads. Positioning the eyes is HARD too! I have a. . .I don't know if he's a BJD or what, but I have a doll with eyes like that. When I first got him my friends and I played with him and I messed with his eyes. I don't know if its just the eye putty he came with and/or if I was using it wrong (like maybe you need to add water? idk) but it was hard to work with. My poor boy has wonky eyes now. Though he does need a full eye replacement (they're horrible quality), so I guess I could test that process out in a Liv maybe. If I can ever get him new eyes. XP

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:52 AM »
All the wigs I have I've boiled them and they were fine (Except for the recent few since I was just too lazy). Hot water straight from the kettle right from the stove and I haven't had any trouble. Only thing I see a little troublesome is if you boil it and it isn't straight and it cools down before combing, it'll stay that shape. You'll have to do it over again. Most of them before I poured hot water had indents in the hair where the elastic holding it used to be and after a after pouring, OMG They looked amazing!! No dents or anything, looked just like on the box & Photos! X3

Sorry if you already know the usual process you won't have to pay attention if you already know. XD

I have them in a seated pose and grab them by the legs and pour the water over their head getting all of it wet, then comb right away to straighten it out while it's still hot (be careful not to burn yourself) once it cools it should be straight.

as for the eye positioning, on Livs it isn't that hard from what I've seen & done first hand. the back of the eyes have a peg that go into the indents inside their eye sockets so it won't be wonky.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:51:31 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:51 AM »
I've never been brave enough to try it before, so I appreciate all the tips I can get. xD I need to boil Prudence's hair (Spa Daniela), since I left her in my doll bag too long and now it has an indent. Hopefully it doesn't harm Alexis's wig and I can fix her's.

I plan to hold the wig up with tongs while someone pours the water. xD Using a kettle is a great idea.

From what I've seen most BJDs don't have anything like that, which can be handy for purposely wacky eyes and trouble for those that shouldn't be wacky.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
Sorry you couldn't get your dolls to cooperate :( You can always obitsu her.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal