collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fixing Pony Legs  (Read 566 times)

BelovedDoll

• Trade Count: (0)
Fixing Pony Legs
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
So I`ve been in the stage of working out having a custom shelf with risers made for displaying my ponies, hiring my boyfriend`s best friend to do so as he`s looking for a little extra money with a new baby on the way. But one issue I have is my ponies have all had their legs crushed together because I foolishly just threw them in one huge box so the weight crushed their legs. Some can`t actually stand anymore cuz of the leg crush. I started putting them in boxes that were for sliding under the bed so the weight is kept down. But I still need to fix their legs back into the right position.

Any ideas on how I can fix their legs?

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing Pony Legs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »
Hi!
There have been some topics on this. Boiling water inside then put a pencil or any other straight object in the leg will help get them back into place. Or some people will put a bunch of pencils inbetween the legs to re-position.

I'm sure there are other ways, these are just the ones I can think of off of the top of my head...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
Hot water! Thats the solution - you need to help the plastic find its "memory" of its original positioning.

You can fill the pony with warm water and "hold" the plastic in the position it should be - refill the pony regularity to keep the water constantly warm. After you have repeated this with reasonable regularity, you need to use something soft [hair curlers or pens wrapped in kitchen towels to separate the legs] and then pop her in the freezer for a blast! If you dont want to take the ponies head off to fill her, you can also place her legs in a bowl of super hot water or even under a running tap.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

BelovedDoll

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »
Hot water, huh? I was concerned that it may discolour the pony. So it`s really safe?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
Hot water, huh? I was concerned that it may discolour the pony. So it`s really safe?

People bleach ponies, boil ponies, oxy ponies and I have yet to see anyone claim it had a dis-coloring effect.

Warm water is the least aggressive thing a lot of restoration uses...the only warning would be to make sure if any of the ponies have that Surprise bright yellow hair, dont yet it in the water as it is not colour fast and will leak.

The dye in pony plastic is pretty colour fast its only some really aggressive chemicals - like acne cream - that seem to leech the colour from the plastic.
Loa is my love god!

BelovedDoll

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »
Interesting, thanks for the warning about the hair. And thank you everyone for the tips and suggestions. I`m going to start gathering materials soon and hopefully can get started on that. My poor girls need healing so they can walk (er, stand) again!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »

People bleach ponies, boil ponies, oxy ponies and I have yet to see anyone claim it had a dis-coloring effect.

I have heard of oxy slightly fading some paint colors actually, and I've had a few instances where blue oxy crystals that hadn't completely dissolved left tiny marks that needed to be removed with acetone, but boiling with plain water is 100% safe for ponies that aren't flocked (and even if they are flocked pouring boiling water into the pony's body is safe).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BelovedDoll

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »
All right, I`ll just stick with the water to stay safe. :3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 05:07:04 AM »
All right, I`ll just stick with the water to stay safe. :3

Thats what I do :) I run in fear of chemicals near ponies!

Thats interesting babystarz in all honesty thats the first time I have seen someone claim to have a "colouring" issue with it - although I ll admit to not being surprised. I was always a little puzzled that a chemical like oxy had no last affects :)
Loa is my love god!

BelovedDoll

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »
Right! I`ve spent a lot of money on pony stuff so I want to be sure they don`t get ruined or damaged. Love them too much. ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal