collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tattoo Placement!  (Read 1870 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Tattoo Placement!
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
I've had some pretty painful piercings and survived them, so I think I would be ok.  I would hope at least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
i think that the outline. when they were doing that hurt  wrose then the actual  filling in. it felt kinda like a beesting, over and over lol

but it really does depend on your artist. i've had a few  with really heavy hands and he pressed too hard.. and now i cna't  even get that one  redone becuase it hurts wayoo too much. i think he mighta damaged a few nerves. 

and really zenna? o.o i suppose thats just the ones i went into.  and yeah  rib one  would possibly hurt. but ig uess it all depends on how bad  you want it.. i have  one in mind  for the middle of  my ack upper between my shoulder blades and part of it will go  over my spine. i KNOW tht one'll hurt.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 04:42:48 AM »
I have also never had an artist that was offended if you made noise. My first one told me I could scream or cry as much as I want, just please do not move.

They say that color hurts worse that the black outline, but for me, the outline and shading hurt most. By the time they got to the color, it was just sort of a raw feeling.

Everyone handles pain differently, I suppose. I'm glad the pain wasn't bad enough to turn me off of tattoos forever. Then again, I want more just for the sake of having more. I restrain myself though. I won't get one unless I know I will absolutely love it. Right now, I can't make up my mind.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »
You can actually buy printable temporary tattoo paper and  it sounds like it would really help you out here. It seems like a simple design and would be a breeze to draw up, even in MS Paint if you don't have something more advanced. You could try a week in each location and see how "liveable" it is. If you find yourself wanting to cover it more several times then it is probably best to have the real one done elsewhere.

Much easier than sharpie!
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:12 AM »
Hey ZennaBug, I do have a suggestion for you. If you are unsure of where to put it. Like some said, temp tattoos would work in helping you find a good spot and also no pain. My suggestion is to try it with henna, since it last longer than normal printed tattoos you can kind of see how it will look without the pain till you get the real tattoo :) Though the henna will fade within about a month's time but it will help at least
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »
I'm getting my second tattoo next month - a paw print actually :) Not of any particular animal of mine it's just because I want to work with cats and dogs when I leave college (currently studying an animal course and I volunteer at an animal shelter). Anyway my first tattoo I got done on my right ankle and the paw print is going in the same place but on the inside of my leg just because I want to save my left leg/ankle for a tattoo that goes all the way round my ankle oh and you can cover it up so easily with socks/trousers :) I'd been thinking about my left wrist for a while but I have such pale skin that a black paw print would be too noticeable and well..that's not such a good thing. As for pain, the most it hurt for me on my ankle for the coloured bits was like if you get a pen and scribble really hard on your skin but it mostly just tickled and I found myself laughing at the artist :lol: and I'm a very skinny, bony person so I was really surprised. Like others have said ear piercings hurt waaay more. I actually believe it or not got 2 piercings today - my tragus and conch on my left ear :) Anyway best of luck making a decision it's not easy when it's something so special and permanent ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal