collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a reply from Hasbro Australia  (Read 671 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Got a reply from Hasbro Australia
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »
I actually got a response from Hasbro this time but it wasn't very informative and I'm hoping that the first answer is NOT correct... I'd heard that the Cadance and Shining Armor was going to be a US exclusive but to have it confirmed? :cry: But I've also heard it's coming out here in Aus too, hopefully this is just info from a poorly informed pre-written script.

This is what I got in reply to asking about release dates of Fashion Style ponies in Australia...

"The Princess Cadence Style pack is a US exclusive product.  The Shining Armour  can be purchased as part of the Wedding Playset set launching in September this year.

In regards to the Fashion Ponies, unfortunately we are sold out of most of the characters. 

Celestia & Luna characters will be available towards the end of this year.

Rarity will be available to Australian consumers in 2013."

1. So the smaller brushables are meant to make up for the Fashion Styles? :huh: That set is going to be overpriced and I don't want a giant castle taking up even more room, even though it does look kinda cool...
2. They won't answer questions about re-releases, just tell me stuff I already know.
3. Didn't ask about them, already purchased online.  :P
4. Oddly specific about Rarity... if she's being re-released then surely the rest are?

I also recommended they make a store website that Australians can purchase direct from Hasbro since the American store taunts me with products they won't ship to me, lol they said they'd pass on the suggestion to upper management.

Where are other people getting the conflicting information from? I've seen yes and no for Cadance and Shining Armor in Australia and I've seen estimate dates for re-releases, is this legit info or are people just speculating all over the place? Should I believe the info from the email?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Got a reply from Hasbro Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:16:56 AM »
Are you asking about the FS Cadence and Shining Armour...?

I don't know what on earth "Princess Cadence Style pack" is meant to refer to. :S

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:54:32 AM »
Are you asking about the FS Cadence and Shining Armour...?

I don't know what on earth "Princess Cadence Style pack" is meant to refer to. :S

Yes I asked about the 'Princess Cadence and Shining Armour Fashion Style Pack' but they replied calling it the "Princess Cadence Style pack"... don't know why they called it that but I also attached images of the products in the hope it would make identifying things easier for an employee that knows nothing about MLP.

I've pretty much just got my fingers crosses for a release of them in September/October (Spring) as well as re-releases of the main 6 around this time as well.
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 02:10:27 AM »
Hand on my heart...I would take whatever they tell you with a giant pinch of salt.

I do think its likely the FS SA & Cadance pack may well initially be a US exclusive - most of the products branded for "store specific release" have been so far but the original FS Luna & Celestia pack was US exclusive as well but has since turned up in other countries, likewise other elements of the Canterlot line.

Customer Services are probably answering from a script as you mention - unless they actually speak to marketing about what is coming they wont be able to be accurate and even then a lot of companies are incredibly reluctant to let you know what is truly "coming soon" unless they have a marketing strategy in place for it. Just look at the Crystal Empire stuff from the Fair - they couldnt confirm the toy line at the Fair but they could shout from the roof tops about it just 5 short days later at Comic Con as having a presence in the show? HB is too big a company, too commercial an organisation to tell us poor customers much at all :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 02:37:24 AM »
Thanks for that advice, I'll keep my fingers crossed to hear of them coming to Australia.
I'm really hopeful for an online AUS store. I would have thought that it would be the most convenient way of making more money? Especially since their Aus website directs you to stores that apparently stock their items but when you search their online store or catalogue very few MLP items come up...

I think what really makes my eye twitch is when I type My Little Pony into Aus TRU's search box and only one item pops up, "My Little Pony Twilight Twinkling Balloon", I've never even seen it in store!
Or Kmart, the only result is a G3.5 Dvd!

Frustrating! This is the 21st Century, everyone is buying online these days, get with the times! I really hope the Upper Management has brains enough to finally make an online store!
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
Fashion Style celestia and Luna set is in stores here already, maybe they mean something else?

Check in Kmart for the balloon Squiggle, I saw them stocked there this weekend.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 03:38:18 AM »
Check in Kmart for the balloon Squiggle, I saw them stocked there this weekend.

Thanks but I'm not looking for it. :)
I was just saying Kmart only has that online when clearly they have more products. Buying online direct from Hasbro would surely be more efficient than stalking the stores lol
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »
Wait, there's a Fashion Styling Shining Armor?  Anyone got links?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
There is the princess pack coming out with the new mold Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and (still pink) Princess Celestia. Maybe that's the pack they mean.

The Fashion Style Shining Armor was posted by SoSilver some time in the past. Must dig up link. I think Hathorcat has pic up in her stickied thread at the top of the Pony Corral.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »
Wait, there's a Fashion Styling Shining Armor?  Anyone got links?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is what I'm worried whether or not we'll get. I want to collect all the Fashion Style ponies and so far I'm missing just 4 of the main 6 and these two.
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal