collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: just curious  (Read 2426 times)

lithiumkat

• Trade Count: (0)
just curious
« on: July 14, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
what age ranges are represented here by mlp collectors/fans?

How old are you?

name any and all generation of mlp you own/collect?

what are your favorite pony generation (g1, g2, g3, g4)?

least favorite?

and...why is mlp so special to you, why do you collect them and why do you like/dislike the generation of ponies that are your most and least favorite?

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: just curious
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
I am 17.
I collect G1, G2, G3 and G4.
My favourite generations are G1 and G2, because of their appearance and because I grew up with G2.
Least favourite is G3.5, because of how they look... >_>
I like MLP because they remind me of when I was younger, and they always make me happy.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
I'm 17, turning 18 this coming Friday.

I collect all gens, but I haven't quite gotten into G3.5 yet.

My favorite is G2 because of the colors and the graceful, lanky appearance of the ponies.

I don't have a least favorite generation, but I hate the 3.5 Newborn Cuties.  Maybe I should've gotten one of the toys before I watched that horrible flash cartoon...

FiM and the Brony phenomenon got me interested in collecting G4s, then I felt my love for G3s returning again after nearly six years of claiming to hate/be embarrassed by them.  Then I moved on to the G1s and G2s.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
How could I have ever been ashamed of such a cute thing? *hugs pony*

Knibitz

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:03:49 PM »
I used to be a collector of all generations up to 3.0

My absolute least favorite is 3.5, freaky little ponies.
But I don't really like the G4 either, but that's more the overbearing culture than the actual ponies.

Right now I'm just focusing on a handful of exclusive g3.0s :) But for the most part, I'm out of collecting.
So I guess, at the moment, they're my favorite XD

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Visiting The Land Down Under! :)
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
How old are you?
27  ^.^

name any and all generation of mlp you own/collect? I own G1s, G3s and a growing herd of G4s.

what are your favorite pony generation (g1, g2, g3, g4)? I prefer G1s over all other generations, because it's the one I grew up with. G2 is a vague mystery to me, I don't think they were too popular in the U.S. G3s are so-so, I typically customize those. G4s are growing on me, they are rather cute despite their cookie cutter designs.

least favorite? G2s and G3.5s. Oh gawd, 3.5s...those things were ugly imo.

and...why is mlp so special to you, why do you collect them and why do you like/dislike the generation of ponies that are your most and least favorite? Take a seat, this will take a while...

I loved My Little Pony ever since I was 5 years old. The movie, the cartoons (especially MLP Tales) and the toys inspired me because well, I was (and still am!) a horse crazy kid. G1s were what I grew up playing with in my backyard, inventing stories and having them defend the herd of Breyers and MLPs I owned from the big scary dinosaurs (namely, the Jurassic Park T-rex that could 'eat' things). MLPs touched me, somehow...made me feel happy...just as real horses do, only without the stall to clean up, grooming and feeding to do, and live animal to care for.  :P I still cling to those happier childhood memories, hence why I collect G1s.

When I discovered the MLP community and this wonderful forum in 2006, I had just begun to customize MLPs, and used G3s to do so, as they were relatively inexpensive and in high quantities at the time. After a while, I went on hiatus from customizing G3s. On occasion I would receive G3s as gifts from friends, so I did not customize those.

I returned to this community not long after the second season of MLP:FiM aired, for I missed interacting with the community at large, and the show reconnected me with my love for MLPs. I began collecting G4s as a result of the show.

As far as G2s and G3.5s...well G2s were short lived in the U.S., and I don't recall them too well from my childhood. G3.5s were released after the horrible (imo) reboot of the MLP line in 2009ish, and I honestly dislike both the toys and the brief movies that were made in this style. Why? Well...they didn't look like ponies. At all. These ponies resembled giant scary elf heads, like Glo-Worms, or something...not the MLPs I grew up with. Heck, even the G2s were better in design, because at least they looked like ponies.

Well, that's it! Thanks for reading!  :biggrin:
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

lithiumkat

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 05:52:45 PM »
I am 29. I have mostly G1s cuz they are what I grew up with and remind me of happy childhood memories and make me nostalgic. I also have quite a few G3s. I don't care for G2s just don't like the look and body style of them. But some of the G4s are cute and some not as much I have very mixed feelings about the G4s.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
35!  XD  I collect mostly G1s, but some G3s, and whatever G4s that aren't repeats.  C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
How old are you?

All

G1

least favorite?
Don't really have one. I love them all too much.

and...why is mlp so special to you, why do you collect them and why do you like/dislike the generation of ponies that are your most and least favorite?
I've been collecting ponies since I was 3. I'm not sure why exactly but I've always loved them. G1s are the ponies I grew up with.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
How old are you?

G1, G3 (and G4 if McPonies count, but I don't have any regular ones)

G3

least favorite?
G2, G3.5, G4.. in that order lol

Well, ponies were my favorite toy as a kid. I had hundreds of G1s. I don't collect them now but I enjoy having a few of my favorites around for sentimental reasons, and I think a lot of the merch is cute too.
I'm not into G2s cause they look weird to me.. I never played with any of them as a kid.
G4s are kinda cute but are way different. It almost feels like they are a totally different toy "based" on MLP or something. I also do not like bronies, sorry.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
I believe there are a few threads going around where you can ask these questions or are specific to one of the questions you are asking--check them out <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
How old are you?

All of them! <3

My favorite is g4 because I love the characters and the new modern style of the ponies.

least favorite?
I don't have one, but I have to agree on the g3.5 newborn cuties.

I got back into MLP through g4 and the Brony phenomenon, and a Fluttershy McDonald's pony. At first I thought the g4's were hideous and preferred the g3's, but when I saw the show I saw how cute they really were. Then I thought all the other gens were ugly compared to g4 so I hated on them for a while. But after finding out about collectors and the history of MLP, I dug out my g3's and remembered how much fun I used to have with them. A few months later I cleaned them up along with some other g1's and I started practicing all generation appreciation. I collect MLP because they make me happy and I love styling them and taking pics of them.  ^.^

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »
How old are you? 30 as of Thursday.  :)

name any and all generation of mlp you own/collect? Every gen except G3.5

what are your favorite pony generation (g1, g2, g3, g4)? G1 and G3 are my favorites!

least favorite? G3.5 obviously.

I began pony collecting with my mom as a child and just never really looked back, I suppose.  I have big nostalgia factor for G1, and I think I just dislike the cookie-cutter-ness of G3.5.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline FlitterRose

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
1.I'm 15! :)

2.G1s,G3s,G3.5s and a few G2s (I'm new in collecting :lol: )

3.G1 and G3 (and don't throw fakies at me,but G3.5s except for the Newborn Cuties)

4.I don't have a least favorite  :) every gen deserves some love and has its positive sides.Maybe I don't like FiM show sometimes,but the ponies are cute!

5.I love MLP.From the moment I saw one on sale in an online store,I completely loved them and wanted some.I started collecting.

I love G1 because it's the begining.Everything started from there.I doubt there is someone,who loves all the gens,but hates G1.

G3s grew on me.They're just so cute!And I've never seen a G3 pony with one-colored hair.It might be pink,but it's two shades of pink.Examples:
Pinkie Pie's hair is pink,but the shades are different-one of them is paler than the other one.

G3.5s DON'T PUT ME IN JAIL!Please!I'm too young!I just like them!I always loved chibi creatures with giant pretty eyes!Plus,haven't you noticed how much hair do G3.5 ponies have :) :)
Sup

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 05:35:19 PM »
How old are you? 21

name any and all generation of mlp you own/collect? I don't collect anymore but g1, g2, and g3.

what are your favorite pony generation (g1, g2, g3, g4)? g3

least favorite? g4

and...why is mlp so special to you, why do you collect them and why do you like/dislike the generation of ponies that are your most and least favorite? I love horses and they're horses lol. g3 because they were the generation I had started collecting. g4 cause I don't like how they look.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Dibbles

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »
How old are you? 20, 21 at the end of September

name any and all generation of mlp you own/collect? All gens

what are your favorite pony generation (g1, g2, g3, g4)? G1 and G2

least favorite? G3.5, but I actually LIKE them.

and...why is mlp so special to you, why do you collect them and why do you like/dislike the generation of ponies that are your most and least favorite? I don't know. I just like cute ponies!!! I didn't like them as a kid, but I rediscovered my childhood Ivy and fell in love.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal