collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Leaving Feedback  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Leaving Feedback
« on: July 14, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
I don't know if I'm oldschool or what it is, but to me it seems like the polite thing to leave feedback once a transaction is done with to help your fellow people out with their reputation - no matter if it's Ebay or a national auctionsite or whatever the place might be.
Everyone tries to make a good reputation for themselves and prove that they are trustworthy people, so not leaving feedback (especially when you recieved one yourself) is rather inconciderate and abit selfish in my personal opinion anyway.

Yet this seems to be a trend right now =/

I've been out of the selling/buying on the internet loop for about 4 years and just got back into it. When I left the scene it was nothing like this. Feedback was always left after a transaction when both parts were satesfied. Now when I got back I've bought two ponies of a national auctionsite called Tradera and one pony of Ebay with my new 0 feedback account. And have I gotten any feedback even though the sellers and I were both happy at the end of the transaction and I left them positive feedback? No. As for my Tradera account it's fine, I got ok feedback there already from years ago. But it is a bit frustrating when I try to prove I'm an honest "new" Ebayer.

Do you have to write to people these days and ask them to leave feedback? Cuz' that doesn't seem right either O.o

I just don't like what I've experienced so far since I've come back. Dunno if I've just had 3 bad experiences on the feedback part of my transactions or if this is something that happends regularly to everyone? And what others would do in these cases?
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of your experiences :hug: Unfortunately things have changed over the last few years, and not for the better. This is quite a common thing to happen both on ebay and on other sites too :(    I think it doesnt hurt to send the buyer a message to check that everything is ok and to mention the feedback. I will sometimes send a message like this:

"Hi :)  Thank you very much for your recent purchase from me. I noticed that you have not left feedback yet, so I thought I would contact you, and make sure that everything is ok and that you are happy with our transaction.  Kind regards and best wishes"

thats how I do it, you may write something like this  in your own words :awake: sometimes they respond and it promps them to leave feedback, but sometimes they still dont bother. Its worth a try though ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
I do agree. It's not nice to leave no feedback. You also want to know how you did. :D

I always always leave feedback. The only place I don't is Etsy because I can't figure out how to leave feedback there. I've looked all around and can't figure it out. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
I think some websites make feedback a pain (like Amazon). Well at least for me, it's annoying to navigate.

But sometimes people just forget. When I started a new id on Ebay for the first 10 people I would say:

"Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your purchase. I hope you are happy with everything and would consider leaving me feedback. It's important for a beginning seller to have positive feedback to continue to sell on Ebay. Thank so much.

,XXXXXX"

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 01:23:23 AM »
I regularly have to remind folks. But I only do it once because I dont want to annoy them. I generally wait two weeks after they get their item. Sometimes they do it late because they aren't on eBay every day. When I send a message I generally use the same format Ringlets posted except I add that if they do not think I deserve a full five stars then to please contact me before leaving feedback do I can be sure that they are 100% happy with the purchase. 95% of the time they just forgot and they leave me feedback. Sometimes they just don't leave feedback.

As a buyer in the beginning (when i came back after a 4 year absence) I honestly had to beg for my feedback. I didn't worry about annoying the sellers since they couldn't leave me a negative feedback.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 03:23:11 AM »
Well I was the buyer in all 3 cases and when I recieve the items I have a quick look at them to make sure they were as listed, then I leave positive feedback and then I always write to the seller something along these lines:

"Hey there. I just want to let you know that I recieved the pony today, that I'm very satesfied and that I left you positive feedback :) Thank you so much for a great transaction! Kind Regards //Erica"

Despite this (which I thought was kind of an obvious implication of leaving feedback :P ) I have yet to recieve any feedback from any of the sellers I've dealt with. I've been considering writing to them asking why they have not left feedback in return, but I know I'd feel pushy about if I did hehe.

If I were the seller I would definitly use something like you wrote Ringlets :) That makes really good sense to check up on your buyers and make sure they really are satesfied. But I'm not sure what to write as a buyer =/

Guess I have to accept it for now and hope that the next time I do a transaction on Ebay I do get some feedback so that horrible 0, that is offputting to Ebay sellers, goes away. Ok so 1 doesn't make a huge difference but it's a start :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 03:28:47 AM »
I have the same problem. I buy from people on ebay. We are bith happy. I leave positive freedback and get none back. Send a message to please leave feedback and NO response. It really annoys me cause I am stuck at a feedback of 8  :huh:
It really looks as a new trend unfortunatly :(

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
I'm glad you mentioned this actually because I've had a few eBay messages when I've paid for something, telling me the item has been shipped & can I leave feedback when I receive it. I always think to myself 'okay okay, calm down, I haven't even had it yet & I always leave feedback' but now I can see why people are doing it. I usually do my feedback in batches since I've been buying a lot recently, but in the past it's possible I've forgotten for periods of time when I'm only buying occasionally.

Sorry that was a bit of a ramble, and probably not that helpful! But I agree it's good to send a reminder message if someone hasn't left you feedback.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Moondancer115

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »
I'm glad you mentioned this actually because I've had a few eBay messages when I've paid for something, telling me the item has been shipped & can I leave feedback when I receive it. I always think to myself 'okay okay, calm down, I haven't even had it yet & I always leave feedback' but now I can see why people are doing it. I usually do my feedback in batches since I've been buying a lot recently, but in the past it's possible I've forgotten for periods of time when I'm only buying occasionally.

Sorry that was a bit of a ramble, and probably not that helpful! But I agree it's good to send a reminder message if someone hasn't left you feedback.

Hihi yes I always leave feedback when I got the item in my hands. Otherwise the item maybe never show up amd then you already left posetive feedback haha.
But I find it weird when people ask to leave feedback before they even got the item haha. I only buy on ebay I do not sell and when I got it I leave feedback but it happens more and more that the seller doesn't leave feedback for the buyer anymore :(.
And the ramble is helpfull cause we share our thoughts  ^.^

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
 When I sell on Tradera I usually leave the buyer feedback once payment has been received and I've shipped the item because that's when the buyer has upheld their end of the transaction. I have tons of transactions I have not received feedback for though, which kinda sucks.

When I buy on Ebay (I rarely sell there) I leave feedback when I receive the item.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 06:37:56 PM »
Ooh *blush*  :blush:  I read that wrong! I'm so sorry hun, I thought you were the seller (even though I read and re-read your post before i replied   :lookround: ). I guess thats what happens sometimes when I'm up reeeaally late :yikes:
ok.. as a buyer.. how long ago did you buy these ponies BTW?  I would send a message like this :
 Hi (sellers name) . I just wanted to let you know that I am happy with our recent transaction (you can say what you bought here if you want to make sure they know who you are)  and that I have now left you some positive feedback. If you are also happy with everything, would you leave me some positive feedback too please?  I have only just started to buy on ebay, so feedback would be really helpful and I would really appreciate it. Thanks again , kind regards, best wishes etc.. " 
However , you said that you already sent them a message like that right after you received the pony didnt you?   Sometimes sellers take a while to post feedback, so it doesnt mean that they will never leave any for you.  You could still re-send your original message to the sellers or write another one as reminder  to them if you wanted to though.  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 07:16:16 PM »
I should have a lot more feedback here, probably around 40, but people constantly don't leave feedback. I've had this happen mostly with sales and ATC trades. It used to REALLY bug me, and it still gets on my nerves, but I've given up. However if people don't leave me feedback, and I'm leaving any for them. So if they make me loose out, I make them loose out.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »
I should have a lot more feedback here, probably around 40, but people constantly don't leave feedback. I've had this happen mostly with sales and ATC trades. It used to REALLY bug me, and it still gets on my nerves, but I've given up. However if people don't leave me feedback, and I'm leaving any for them. So if they make me loose out, I make them loose out.

That's a shame, whenever I leave feedback on here I send a message to the other person involved in the transaction to tell them I've recieved the item & am leaving feedback. That seems to do the trick. But it's a pain when people don't respond to that.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 03:30:55 AM »
Hum, that is a shame if your the buyer. I would think once you leave feedback the seller would. I don't leave feedback until the buyer does but in this crazy Ebay the buyer is always right world I have to do that.

But as soon as the buyer leaves feedback I leave feedback. Sorry to hear that the sellers aren't doing that. Maybe send one more message. Hehe.

wingsinmoonlight

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
I know a lot of ebay sellers has refused to leave feedback at all since we can only leave positive. It is a sort of protest thing. I also know quite a few that do it in batches once a month-if the seller doesn't have a store and can't automate it, feedback gets annoying and time consuming fast. I also know of sellers who have gotten negs for asking buyers to leave feedback please.

I automatically leave feedback for my buyers when they pay, and I have found that about 30% of them give feedback in return. I would never ask a buyer to leave feedback-not only do I risk annoying them, but I would lose my automatic 5 star dsr for contact by messaging them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal