collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Hair glue/spray" for custom pony?  (Read 411 times)

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
"Hair glue/spray" for custom pony?
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
Hey, I kinda need some advice. A friend's birthday is coming up and she asked me to make her a classical music themed pony. She's a piano teacher and loves everything classical. Now, I have an idea in my head, but she said that she wants the pony's hair to look like a powdered wig. O_o; I told her I think I can do that, but now I'm like "oh lord, how do I get the pony's hair to stay that way...?" Does anyone know if there is a way to spray/glue pony hair into a style like that?

I thought maybe about tight straw curling the sides of the hair and somehow "poof"ing the rest, but just can't figure out how to get it to hold...U_U; Any advice that could help would be very much appreciated. Would hairspray of a mix of mod podge lightly sprayed over it (I have a airbrush set now) keep it in place?

(Oh, and this is for a G4 pony)

Offline ZarineBashire

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponies and Crafts
Re: "Hair glue/spray" for custom pony?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
Mod podge works really good for getting hair to stay in place. You can apply it with a spray or a sponge. For poofing you can try to put something underneath the hair, like foam.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
My first thought would be to attempt to make it just like a real powdered wig. Wikipedia says that women did not wear powdered wigs, but powdered their own hair. Men traditionally wore the wigs. The powder was made from finely ground starch. I think I recall reading somewhere that it was blown into the hair using a straw.

Maybe just style the hair in a bun with long ringlets, spray some tacky spray onto it, then blow some corn starch over it. Repeat till suitably powdered?

Or just use an off white hair color and call it good. :)

I would make sure if you did powder it that it was the very last major think you did. I would try and cover the rest of the head with plastic and make sure the neck plug was already in place. That way when it's done you can just pop the plug into the neck with some glue and tidy up the head and be done.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
You could try the "crusting " technique I used on some reallly sore skin.   Powder, Tacky spray, let dry.  Repeat.   Granted, I used skin prep and stoma powder, but the principle would be the same.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
Spray it with starch? The kind you use for shirts etc. I've never tried, but it would probably work.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal