collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with sculpting..  (Read 351 times)

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
Help with sculpting..
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »
For you seasoned vets out there. :)

I think I'm getting back into the spirit of customizing, and of course if someone takes on my art task, I may make them a custom. (psst...check over at the Adoptie forum).

The thing is, I haven't really done much sculpting. I've never done wings and corsets, things like that. I'd love to see how they're made. Now, I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder. TBH, I've never sold my customs that I have made, they've all been for swaps, friends, or family. I just really enjoy showing off ponies. My Willy Wonka set I did last year was the biggest sculpting job I've done, but I really want to take a hand at wings and corsets too. Any time I've tried sculpting, it failed. The clay is way too sticky, too soft, etc. And I do play around with Apoxie sculpt, Fimo, etc. I have it all. :D

So, does anyone have any in progress photos, videos, tutorials, etc? I haven't been able to find any. :(

And ..any hints on top hats or any hats too? Not sculpting, just fabric.
 :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Help with sculpting..
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:14:06 AM »
I'm at work so I can't gather up all of my WIP shots on corsets but I do post WIP shots on my tumblr. If you don't feel like waiting you can probably find them if you start back pretty far and work your way forward.

When I get home, if you still need, I might be able to pull something together. I still have to clean house though due to company coming over this evening. So we'll see.

Post Merge: July 14, 2012, 01:14:41 AM

P.s. for my tumblr just click the banner in my sig.

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:46:46 PM »
I'm at work so I can't gather up all of my WIP shots on corsets but I do post WIP shots on my tumblr. If you don't feel like waiting you can probably find them if you start back pretty far and work your way forward.

When I get home, if you still need, I might be able to pull something together. I still have to clean house though due to company coming over this evening. So we'll see.

Post Merge: July 14, 2012, 01:14:41 AM

P.s. for my tumblr just click the banner in my sig.

Holy moley. I went through all 34 pages. Thanks for sharing! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
I hope it was of use to you in some way :)

I intend to do more detailed WIP posts in the future. I'm doing a lot of swaps and surprised right now though so I haven't been able to.

TheWormwood

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
I don't have any tutorials to share, but I will say your previous attempts probably weren't failures! Practice is really the best way to learn to sculpt, particularly if you want to develop your own style.
I'd suggest trying super sculpey if you can get your hands on it (sculpey firm is even better). It has a different texture than fimo, and while it can get a LITTLE mooshy if its super warm, you can always pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to firm it up. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal