collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~ Vicki Voltage : The Interview ~  (Read 1409 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
~ Vicki Voltage : The Interview ~
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Models - Copy, paste, and answer all the questions below!

1. Why do YOU think you could win ANTM?

2. What made you decide that you wanted to be the next big thing?

3. What do you do besides modeling?

4. Who (or what) inspires you the most?

5. Craziest photoshoot?

6. When did you start modeling?

7. What did you have to sacrifice to get to where you are today?

8. Do you ever want to quit modeling?

9. What is the hardest part about being a model?

10. What is your advice for ghouls newly entering the hectic modeling world?
Be bold, be BOO-tiful,
The fabulous Vicki Voltage

(PS: 'Scary Kay' is monsters' take on Mary Kay makeup. And if any of you viewers have questions, share those too!)
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Vicki Voltage : The Interview ~
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
Lovely to see you, Vicki, and I can't WAIT to see how our models respond! Eight models still have to submit their best photo, and they only have 48 hours left!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
*Jordan walks in and looks around*

"Oh snap, I'm first? Welp, Ok!"

*Sits down*

Hmm...Well, honestly anyone of us could win it, but I think I'll win because I *want* it, you know? I mean, I'm sure that the other girls want it as badly as I do, but I want to win to show that you don't have to have the "quintessential"
model to be popular and good at your job. I like to let my quirky side out; I'm sarcastic, spunky, nerdy, and a little flaky at times, but I really want to show everyone that not all models are as blood-thirsty and heartless as some might think!
I'm a big fan of photography, but I'm always the one behind the camera. So I thought giving this a shot might be a fun way to get some pictures of myself, minus the odd angles and duck lips. *wink* No, but really, modeling and fashion are two things that have always inspired me. In fact, I make most of my clothes and accessories!
I like to sew, paint, sculpt, and read in bed, but photography is my first love, and I never go anywhere without my camera. I'm trying to learn French; I want to take a trip to Scaris someday and take pictures of all the old churches.
I'm inspired by so much, its hard to pinpoint one thing exactly. I could see a button on the floor, and my brains starts racking up new ideas. I have a list of projects to do and things that I want to try that is nearly a mile long!
5. Craziest photoshoot?
So far the second challenge was the craziest. It was hard shooting a Monster Movie poster under a full moon. You know how some actors start to live the role they play? Lets just say, the director went in another direction with the concept after my eyes glazed over and I couldn't stop howling...Not one of my prouder moments!
Just recently actually; like I said before, I'm usually the one behind the camera.
Sacrifice? I didn't sacrifice anybody! Wait, oh, not WHO? It was WHAT did I sacrifice? Phew, well that was an awkward moment...even more awkward than the time I got caught drinking out of the toilet bowl at that house party. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but monsters tend to forget I'm am a canine!
...Wait, what was the question again?
Nothing so far has made me want to quit. I think that I'll quit when the actual modeling doesn't excite me anymore. But when you get to be something different at every shoot, why would I ever quit?!
Being mindful of exposing certain *ahem* areas. Being a model requires you to be aware of what and how much of yourself is showing.
Be yourself, always say "Please" and "Thank You", have fun, but most of all, ALWAYS keep a clean pair of undies in your carry-on...Just trust me on this one.

~Jordan C. Howller
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:23:42 AM by Cate_Dartfinger »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 02:30:14 AM »
Hello, Vicky darling, how the devil are you? *mwah*. Jordan, sweetheart, you look fabulous *mwah*

Ok we have some questions here for me? OK let's see....

Because I can, basically! I mean I am classical, and everybody wants classical. Pale, flawless skin and blood red lips? Classical!

I never really decided to be honest, it just sort of happened...can a girl help it if she is photogenic? Not in direct sunlight though, I tend to peel....

I love communing with nature, you can't get better that a bit of natural communing. Flitting about the countryside and see Mother Earth at work is just out of this world. I do like neck watching too, it is my geek-hobby since I had to give up actual neck biting. I have a notebook where I record the date and time, smoothness, colour and texture and overall appeal.

Tyra Fangs and nature.
Tyra is just so... inspirational...in the true sense of the word. What she wants, she gets, and she pulls it off so well. And of course nature is the original inspiration for everything, it's so beautiful, free, passionate...

5. Craziest photoshoot?
I once did a beach shoot over at Skull Shores...obviously sun and myself don't go together that well so I slathered on the suncream. But it got a bit windy and the wind was whipping up the sand and I ended up being chased around by a hydra who was convinced I was some sort of sand monster. Quite embarrassing...

My first modelling 'shoot' was way back in 1720...1721? I can't remember, obviously it was posing for paintings as the camera hadn't been invented then. I found that so hard to stay still for that amount of time unless I was upside-down. I used to have a real problem with necks, you see, I just had to nibble them constantly and I would get so twitchy if I couldn't nibble. But that only lasted a hundred years or so, by the time cameras were invented I had a very bad neck habit from all that hanging around so it took a couple of minuted to take the picture then I spent the rest of the time getting my neck fix.

So much...my antique coffin collection had to go, being a model you are never at home and I had to pass them on to someone who would appreciate them. And my friends, they still speak to me but I think some are a little jealous.

When you're lying in the gutter surrounded by 19 corpses on a blood high for all that neck-nibbling you're on top of the world. The downer the next day though is unbelievable. I wanted to quit so many times...but somehow I just carried on.
I have managed to quit my neck habit, although I do keep a visual record in my notebook if you want to see...?

*stares at Vickys neck whilst scribbling in notebook* Sorry sweetie didn't catch that. *puts notebook away*

The hectic schedule, the sacrifices you give up for beauty, never having any time for yourself or your hobbies.

I agree with Jordan here - clean undies are a must! And breath mints.....not for oneself obviously but sometimes you have to get close to people who have rather unfortunate dental odours...

x Lilitha Vamp x
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:32:05 AM by Pinkamena »

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 06:56:50 AM »
Rhonda sticks a worn book mark in her Sherlock Bones.

"Time for the interview?" She says to herself "Vicky Voltage! I've heard all about you!"

She sits down next to the ghoul.

"Ask away!"

I feel I appeal to the common-ghoul out there. I'm a quiet, nerdy ghoul who loves to read her spellbooks in a shadowy library. So I help ghouls realize that they don't have to be popular to be beautiful and special! I feel I could be a great role model to the younger generations if I were to win this competition. Oh, and being a top model would actually be great too. *giggles quietly*

Well, you wouldn't think a bookish girl like me would get into modeling, but it's something I've always loved from afar. There's something magical about being a model and it can just put a spell on you I guess. And as I said before, I want to inspire more nerdy ghouls like me!

Read, of course. *She smiles and holds up her book* But I also love to write. Since I'm still in high school I'm still learning, but I plan to go on and try to get my stuff published. Right now I'm working on a great scary human novel that takes place in Salem.

My auntie, and my mother. My mother passed away when I was young, and there's a story to go with that at a later time, but my auntie is a very big part of my life. She's taught me all that there is to being a witch and how to survive out in the world. She also sparked my should obsession. I don't know why though. *She shrugs with one shoulder*

5. Craziest photoshoot?
I could say all of them so far! But the first seems to be the craziest. Though I think that was my fault. I got a bit too excited with the other ghouls and made the next day on the set a bit...eventful. *she giggles again* The photographer even let me keep the outtake of that day.

Honestly? When I heard about the competition. I had practiced a few times with friends, but they were all just fun little shoots. I got serious when I put my entry photos in.

My kitty cat Fammi had to be left at home. I miss her so much. I guess that's not too much of a sacrifice, but with how attached I get to my familiars, it's like severing a limb!

Never! My auntie wants me to continue with the witch pursuits, but I'd rather be selling the hottest cloaks with my talents! Even when I publish my books, I hope to keep modeling up. *She beams*

Not having enough time to yourself. I'm also tired from the shoots as well, so I lose time for reading and writing. I tried to concoct a anti-fatigue drought the other day and I ended up sleeping for almost a week! I almost missed the deadline shoot!

Just give it a try! If a ghoul like me can do it, so can you! And don't pack too much. Especially bags full of red shoes. The other girls are a bit annoyed with the amount of bags I've brought. *she laughs*

-Rhonda Rubyslippers-

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
I'm having so much fun with this 8D I just love reading all the replies.

I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
Percie pulls out her earbuds and raises an eyebrow. "My turn?" She shuts off her iCoffin and goes in for the interview.

Why wouldn't I win? I have what it takes. I can cat-fightwith the best of the divas in this industry and am more suited to most to scratching and clawing my way to the top.

I'm tired of the misconceptions that Familiars are only as good as the witch they hang on to. I figure if my talents in one area are recognized, I can bring the focus on the fact that we don't need witches and it is in fact, just the opposite. I want to be a role model for young Familiars who think they're lot in life is being some sorcerers apprentice and little else.

Magic and music. When our parents aren't making us study magic, I'm usually jamming with my twin sister. I also enjoy reading and learning obscure arcane languages. It's a challenge.

My mother. About, oh, a century or so ago she decided she was through being a lackey and decided to strike out on her own and do her own magic. Her strength of character and spirit inspires me to be the best that I can be, and let's face it, I'm already pretty clawsome.

5. Craziest photoshoot?
That would be the second shoot. Trash-bag chic in an actual pet cemetary. I expected to have vistors any moment. The crew was spooked they got out of there before dark. My picture may have suffered for their fear.

I can't really remember. Professionally, never. But my parents are big-time snap shot takers and when my mother started her blog, Familiar Magic, she'd often use my sister and myself for the pictures she'd post of certain spell tutorials she'd put up.

Sacrifice? I didn't have to sacrifice anything. I'm exactly where I want to be.

Doubtful. Even if I don't win this competition, I still have options. I'm the type of ghoul who makes her own destiny.

Dealing with people. Creative minds often clash. I try to be mindful of who's wearing the boss pants, but sometimes other people get to big for themselves and need to be swatted back down.

Get used to having your fur rubbed the wrong way and try not to bite the hand that feeds you. It's not easy, and it's not always fun, but dig in your claws and never let go. That's all I can say.

Purrsephone Grimnoir

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »
Very interesting (and a few unexpected) answers there, ghouls! I look forward to hearing from our remaining finalists!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

Abbey sits down in a comfy spot, feeding Shiver bits of Cotton Candy Slush.

When I set my mind on something, an avalanche cannot budge me.  I am true to myself and I think it shows in my work.

I love challenge.  My people are hard workers, and I knew when I fell in love with modelling that I needed to be at the top of the mountain.

I love ice sculpting, snowboarding, and watching old movies. 

Audrey Hepburn.  When the blizzards were too great to go outside, we would watch the old movies.  She made me see that life isn't all work, things can be fun and beautiful.  She is always so graceful and knows just what to say! 

5. Craziest photoshoot?
Craziest shoot would be the current challenge.  I cannot go into details, but there was problem with my comodel's position and he fell.  He didn't kiss where he was supposed to!  I turned purple from embarassment!

At home me and my yeti sisters would pretend to be in the old movies.  I have always loved to perform and I am not afraid to have an audience. 

I miss my homeland.  While I love getting to see so many people and places, my heart yearns for the ice and snow of my homeland.  I talk to my family often, which helps. 

Quit?!  What is this word?!

The hardest part is understanding all of the strange things the crew says.  They tell me to do things that make no sense!  "Bring it!" "Bring what??"  Such silly phrases they have.

Take time to be quiet and alone.  It is far too easy to be wound up and confused, it's important to refocus and take care of your spirit.  It will show in your work!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
Abbey, girl, you crack me the hell up!!!!!!!! You and your Yeti sisters - I want to see a family portrait. (In fact, you totally gave me an idea for a photoshoot....)

And I love how you snuck a photo of yourself in here. Always marketing yourself!!!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »
How fun!! Thanks for the opportunity, Vicki! :heart:
Here are Draculina's answers:

I have the passion!! I'm willing to work hard and spend hours on my shoots; I'm willing to step outside my comfort zone - anything to capture the perfect shot!

Even if I'm not the next big thing, I just want to follow my dreams! I'll never stop modeling, no matter what!

*giggles* I'm in a girls' vampire punk band! I perform under the name Lina Pink; here's my official costume:

(excuse my hair... this was snapped right after a concert!)

The greats. I dream of being on top of my game, like Janice Witchinson; creative and fierce like Tyra Fangs; cool as a cucumber, like Nigel; and if only I could emulate Keira Knifely's delicate beauty! *sigh* So much to die up to.

5. Craziest photoshoot?
Definitely this latest challenge, the Oceanic Kiss! Firstly I'm nowhere NEAR an ocean ... but I did find a quantity of messy wet sand to roll around in!
Honesty though, this shoot was SO good for me! It forced me to really think outside the box, and I'm SO happy with the result.

Less than a year before entering ANTM. My first attempts were VERY basic! I'm really having to stretch and grow for this amazing competition.

My music has suffered. Obviously modeling takes a lot of my time. But the band is strong; my older sister Vampressa (stage name!! it's really Draculana, but she hates that name) has filled in for me a few times. She's not as good a vocalist, but oooh is she smooth.

Sometimes. Especially when I compare myself to others - like Aria or Kalma or Abbey - heck, ALL the girls. They make it look so easy!

The emotional aftermath of a really exhausting shoot. Fortunately, all my emotions after the "Oceanic Kiss" are SUPER positive, though!

Get ready to work REALLY hard and sacrifice. And DON'T get catty with your competition. These girls can be really amazing friends. Silly humans get SO mean. Fortunately we monsters work better together!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:17:14 PM by Kalavista »

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »

a waft of soft jasmine hits your nose just as Cupid gracefully enters, her sequin Goo-chi shoes tapping lightly on the floor
Vicki, darling, so lovely to see you!
she leans in, careful to hold her non-fat chai latte away from her host, giving a traditional cheek kiss
How goes the love life? Spicy I hope!
giving a small wink she sits, gingerly crossing her longs legs
Shall we?

Why do YOU think you could win ANTM?
Modeling is in my blood. It's something I love...and we all know you pursue what you love with great care...
a slightly mischievous smile spreads across her carefully painted lips  ...and ferocity.

What made you decide that you wanted to be the next big thing?
takes a moment to swallow a small sip of her latte Decide? I didn't actually decide anything...fate is guiding me, and while she can be fickle, she has never steered me wrong

What do you do besides modeling?
Well, I rather enjoy ballroom dancing...I've been told I do an amazing paso doble...and who doesn't love a waltz? I also dabble in a little lounge singing. Of course it's quite well known that I am an excellent match maker gives her host a quick wink

Who (or what) inspires you the most?
Love is always my inspiration bites her lip in thought tho when I think about it, I feel I pull much inspiration from classic beauties like Bettie and Marylin.

Craziest photoshoot?
she laughs softly if they aren't crazy, they aren't good, am I right? her gaze drifts for a moment as her lips curl up slightly in the corner it always seems I end up covered in something...feathers, sand, fur...even blood!

When did you start modeling?
Daddy had me in pageants when I was small, if that counts.

What did you have to sacrifice to get to where you are today?
looks off longingly ah, I do so miss cheesecake, but I would say it's worth it!

Do you ever want to quit modeling?
sets her cup down softly on the table next to her my fortune teller has told me quitting is not in my future....but, no, I have no intentions.

What is the hardest part about being a model?
all those proofs! sighs with quiet exasperation and it always seems like I am never happy with any of them!

What is your advice for ghouls newly entering the hectic modeling world?
remember to breathe her nose wrinkles slightly in a giggle as she puts her hand gently to her lip afterall it pulls in your stomach and thrusts your breasts out

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
:applauds: Fab interviews!  I love Cupids personality.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
Hmm...four finalists missed this. Giving it a bump!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal