collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind bags Wave 2. Your 2 cents...  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Blind bags Wave 2. Your 2 cents...
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
So, Wave 3 is out here in TRU's, do they plan on releasing Wave 2? Or am I going to have to pay crazy EBay prices for them?

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Blind bags Wave 2. Your 2 cents...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »
I'm betting they're just going to skip Wave 2 here  :huh:

Also, where in TRU does everyone find the blindbags? I've never been able to find them there. They're not with ponies, and they're not in the register aisles with the trading cards and such..... I've only been able to find them at Walmart, but they still have a full box of Wave 1 on the shelf.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:02:36 AM »
I think US wave 2 is supposed to be the wave with the boy blind bag ponies (Europe wave 3). I think the Hasbro rep at the fair said something about wave 2 and pointed to the purple box with the suitcase theme.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
At all the TRU I've seen, dxgirly, they're in the pink aisle with the rest of the ponies. Sometimes sitting in a shoebox-sized box on the shelf, sometimes hanging on the metal pegs above the shelf.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Phekzhen

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
Wave 2 doesn't have a lot of "good" stuff. 3 has boys, 4 is all glitter, and 5 has alicorns.

Some wave 2 ponies are going to be released in the Pony Friends Forever packs, so you can get them that way. Which means that they're still existing...somewhere. Maybe they didn't sell well in Europe, got sent back to the factory, and then stuck in new toys? But it seems to be the same ponies in each pack, so maybe they're just making more of a select few?

Hasbro is saying that wave 4 is going to be released at the end of the year, and it's already on shelves in some places. So we can never believe what Hasbro says |:

xoVanille

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
Ohhhh boo, I really want Rainbow Flash! D:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
Aw, I was hoping for a few of the Wave 2 ponies. At least my favorites are in the TRU pack.

Duster reference]

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »
:( so sad. yah, there were some I wanted too... I do love the other waves, but quite frankly I WANT THEM ALLLLLL!!!! :enraged:
okay, I calmed down. Sounds like I am going to have to pay a fortune for them  :(

Phekzhen

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »
:( so sad. yah, there were some I wanted too... I do love the other waves, but quite frankly I WANT THEM ALLLLLL!!!! :enraged:
okay, I calmed down. Sounds like I am going to have to pay a fortune for them  :(
Hasbro might just do them out of order? And do them later. We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »
I'm kind of upset that they're skipping wave 2 because I got most of them when they first came out from members in Sweden and Germany except for five, (Feathermay, Blossomforth, Cheerilee, Pudding Pie and Twinkleshine) but now I can never find them, so I was counting on them eventually showing up here.

Phekzhen

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
I'm kind of upset that they're skipping wave 2 because I got most of them when they first came out from members in Sweden and Germany except for five, (Feathermay, Blossomforth, Cheerilee, Pudding Pie and Twinkleshine) but now I can never find them, so I was counting on them eventually showing up here.

Some of those will be available through TRU:

I can see Blossomforth, Daisy Dreams, Rainbow Flash, Lulu Luck, the grape pegasus, Pepperdance, Lemon Hearts, Bumblesweet/bee pony, Daisy Dreams, Firecracker burst...sand some others I can't name off the top of my head!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 03:59:48 AM »
Of the 5 wave 2s I still need, only one of them (Blossomforth) is in that TRU set. I have all the others. Plus, I'm pretty sure that set won't come with the cards like the blind bags did, so I wouldn't want that Blossomforth anyway.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 05:06:16 AM »
Even with the 3 that come with the TRU set, that still leaves 12 I still want. Instead of intentionally skipping wave 2, maybe Hasbro goofed up, from the sounds of the Q&A at the MLP Fair.

I looked at prices on ebay and they are around $15 each... not going to pay that much for a tiny pony.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 05:13:31 AM »
Wave 2 doesn't have a lot of "good" stuff. 3 has boys, 4 is all glitter, and 5 has alicorns.

Some wave 2 ponies are going to be released in the Pony Friends Forever packs, so you can get them that way. Which means that they're still existing...somewhere. Maybe they didn't sell well in Europe, got sent back to the factory, and then stuck in new toys? But it seems to be the same ponies in each pack, so maybe they're just making more of a select few?

Hasbro is saying that wave 4 is going to be released at the end of the year, and it's already on shelves in some places. So we can never believe what Hasbro says |:

Wave 2 having "good" stuff or not is a bit subjective. Also, over here we never got wave 1 and 2. We just skipped right ahead to wave 3 and 4. Those have been for sale here for a while. So i don't think it has anything to do with wave 2 not selling well. I think this is mostly Hasbro trying to catch up with the latest waves. Just like how a lot of the earlier Monster High dolls never got released here. We just skipped to the newer stuff.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 05:59:08 AM »
according to the Hasbro panel at the fair, they have wave 2 in the store house, they are just bringing out the waves in a random order and when one sells out the next will come along. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal