collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whatever happened to the crystal keychains?  (Read 694 times)

ChenilleTwist

• Trade Count: (0)
Whatever happened to the crystal keychains?
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:36:02 AM »
All the talk of the Crystal Empire stuff coming up got me thinking: Where the hay are the rest of the Special Edition Crystal Keychain Ponies?
They only released Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, but back in the 2011 Toy Fair, they also displayed a Rarity and Applejack that looked simply fabulous...(even if Rarity looked slightly evil!) why didn't they release those two? It seems silly to me, they already had the mold for them (as evidenced by the display that was on the My Little Pony News page, though the standees in the packages themselves were suspect enough!) and I was looking so forward to adding more ponies to my backpack, hoping all 6 would be there eventually.  :cry:
I just wish they hadn't teased us by having them exist! I'd rather they had just made the 2 and have been done with it.  >_<

Other than Basic Fun's web page being down, I haven't seen any indication that they are out of business, or did Hasbro revoke the license to make more keychains for some reason? I wouldn't expect anyone here to know what happened, but any light shined on the issue would be appreciated!

Phekzhen

Re: Whatever happened to the crystal keychains?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:00:40 AM »
PP and RD had a very small release, sadly. Perhaps the company did a poor job and Hasbro didn't want to continue working with them? Or that they only released a small amount initially to test the market, and it didn't work well, so Hasbro ended the relationship.

It's sad that it turned out this way, but there's not much we can do.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:48:34 AM »
I loved those keychains!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:05:40 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking about those when I went to TRU for the BOGO the other day. I saw PP and RD around the holidays last year, and my sister and I were going to get one each during a BOGO in like November. Turned out the deal was only on 'figures and plyasets', which keychains apparently aren't. I figured I'd wait until there was another sale, but then I never saw them again. They were cute and appeared well-made when I saw them a few times, and I, too, wish they continued the line!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »
Yes their release was very limited but they were a licensed product I believe rather than a Hasbro product so perhaps they were simply not popular enough for the licencee to continue the line...I would have loved a Rarity one!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
I don't know but I hope they do release the rest of them eventually. I'd love to have a complete set of the mane 6.  Maybe they will as part of the Crystal Empire line  :good:

Phekzhen

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
I don't know but I hope they do release the rest of them eventually. I'd love to have a complete set of the mane 6.  Maybe they will as part of the Crystal Empire line  :good:

That would be an excellent idea! Hopefully Hasbro has this in mind, too

APPLBL00M

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
I found Pinkie and RD at a TRU a few months ago. I'm glad I grabbed them up when I did. If they had released Rarity I would have got her too, considering she's my favorite pony.

Based on what I've seen of the Fashion Style ponies, I'd say that Rarity and Applejack probably aren't as popular as the others, hence why they didn't release them. And seeing as how the PP and RD keychains are disappearing, that was probably a smart move on their part.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »
I've never seen them in person, only on ebay. I really like them though and I would love to see a wide realease of them with the new Crystal Empire theme :)
My Wish List

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
I found Pinkie and RD at a TRU a few months ago. I'm glad I grabbed them up when I did. If they had released Rarity I would have got her too, considering she's my favorite pony.

Based on what I've seen of the Fashion Style ponies, I'd say that Rarity and Applejack probably aren't as popular as the others, hence why they didn't release them. And seeing as how the PP and RD keychains are disappearing, that was probably a smart move on their part.
but have you seen how much the FS applejack goes for  :blink: i don't think its a question of popularity probly they didnt realse them well enough

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 03:56:55 AM »

but have you seen how much the FS applejack goes for  :blink: i don't think its a question of popularity probly they didnt realse them well enough

Lol! Yes this...I continue to be stunned by FS AJs prices...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 06:36:42 AM »
We still have a bunch of these at my local grocery store..... perhaps I should buy them?

Phekzhen

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 07:28:26 AM »
We still have a bunch of these at my local grocery store..... perhaps I should buy them?
I'm sure people on the Arena and/or eBay would buy them off you in a heart beat. And if you'd want them for your own collection, it's better to buy it now than later.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:30 AM »
I'm sure people on the Arena and/or eBay would buy them off you in a heart beat. And if you'd want them for your own collection, it's better to buy it now than later.

Thanks! Maybe I'll pick some up for trades! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal