collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you use make up?

Yes, every day!
27 (23.9%)
Usually, but not every day
19 (16.8%)
When I feel like it
19 (16.8%)
Only on special occasions
28 (24.8%)
No!
20 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Makeup! Do you use it?  (Read 4316 times)

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Re: Makeup! Do you use it?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
I wish I knew how to apply makeup correctly. I cannot figure out how to do the top part of my eyes like in ZennaBug's pic.. I can do eyeliner on the bottom and then mascara, which tends to look terrible on my thin clumpy eyelashes, but I can't figure out how to put eyeliner on the top so it's kinda under my eyelashes. Maybe I need to watch a tutorial.. so frustrating.

The only other makeup I wear is a light lipstick or lip gloss, and some concealer on the dumb red dots that I am embarrassed of. I don't even know what they are, but those I will usually cover up even if I don't bother with my eyes since it only take a couple seconds.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
Honestly, I think we shoud all ask for help from the people here on the Arena ! I wish I could apply make-up or at least know more about it, so why not?

SO... HELP PEOPLE ! xD I see I am not the only one here who would need a little bit of help. What sites or tutorials do you recommend? And products?

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
I use makeup and lots of it as you probably can tell from my picture XD I started experimenting with it at the age of 14 and has worn it every day ever since, always working on perfecting it. I still haven't in my opinion but it's allright enough XD

There's the foundation, the powder, the eyeliner, the blush, the mascara, the eyebrowpen and the lipstick XD So yah, it's alot :P

If I'm just staying in I don't bother with putting any makeup on though. But those days I have to go out somewhere I do my makeup. It probably sounds silly but I feel kinda naked without it O.o Like I'm not completely dressed when I go out and that people will stare at me for it. I know it's just paranoia but still XD

Lately I have loosend up abit though. Nowdays I can go down to the store with just some powder, mascara and eyeliner. Which doesnt take half as long to apply as all the other stuff XD But if I'm going further than that i'll do the whole works :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
Not me.  Ill sometimes add eyeshadow or something for a special occaision but im pretty much just a lipgloss kind of girl :)

Even though I keep on getting the 'you look soo good in it!' or 'it suits you!' talk..its something I cant really be bothered with and usually need someone else to help with it if for whatever reason I decide to put something on
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:02:10 PM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
only on special occasions recently. I used to wear eyelash lengthener everyday (I'd love to have longer eyelashes), but I've become lazy and hardly wear it anymore.
(not to mention my bf is a "be natural, that's the most beautiful" kind of guy, who keeps picking on me if I use makeup - replying I was a "wear makeup everyday"-girl when we met and he didn't say he had a problem with it doesn't help either :huh: )
I didn't use anything else frequently, mainly because a) my face really isn't one that goes well with most makeup b) I'm not doing it properly. so basically I was never happy with the results. not to mention my eyes have a shape that go well only with a light coloured makeup (or, again, I may not be doing it the right way), and even though I do love light coloured makeups, for someone who wears black all the time, most of the time it's not the most fitting choice.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:19:45 PM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »
I'm like Zen. Everyday but not usually much.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »
wow I didn't expect so many replies :D I love to read all your different views!

Honestly, I think we shoud all ask for help from the people here on the Arena ! I wish I could apply make-up or at least know more about it, so why not?

SO... HELP PEOPLE ! xD I see I am not the only one here who would need a little bit of help. What sites or tutorials do you recommend? And products?

Hahahaha, yes please!!  I could use all the advice I can get xD I don't really want to start wearing it every day or whatever, but I would like to know how to use it for special occasions XD

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »
I've worn makeup once in my life, and that was for Prom. I'm not a big fan XD

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »
Yep everyday! I am not going out the door without make-up! Sometines only mascara an eye pencil and if I want to do more pf a effort I put on eye shadow (which O now do everyday haha). Ow and ofcourse lipgloss! I love Dior lipgloss :lovey:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 12:33:17 PM »
I just found a site really neat with cool tips and videos (I'll still have to explore it better), but it looks cool so far !

www.makeupgeek.com

Hope it helps someone, it sure gave me a better insight on make-up lol

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
I used to when I lived in Wisconsin, but Florida is just too dang hot. Even the lightest make-up feels heavy and gets all funky when I sweat (which doesn't take much since I'm not a hot weather person...). I only wear it for special occasions if it's not humid.

I see chicks all the time down here with loads of make-up on and I just don't see how they can be comfortable, or how their skin doesn't completely and utterly break out. Ugh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »
Wow...I am so glad that I am not the only female out there that doesn't feel the need to put on makeup. I have a nice natural complexion and look much younger than my 31 years so I don't feel the need to glop it on :) I will wear it lightly on occassion but that is about it. Besides....I think most women are prettier without it!!!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:06 PM »
Wow...I am so glad that I am not the only female out there that doesn't feel the need to put on makeup. I have a nice natural complexion and look much younger than my 31 years so I don't feel the need to glop it on :)

I will vouch for this, you look 21 at most!

I LOVE makeup but I don't need to wear it all the time. In fact I don't always wear it during the day time, and if I do I prefer a natural look. But like I said, I love it, and playing with it, so I have some bold night looks I like to pull out once in a while :)

I really like the Bare Minerals brand, it gives great coverage without being caked on or causing me irritation (sensitive skin here!)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:05:12 PM by babystarz »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
The only makeup I bother with is mascara and eyeliner on the bottom of my eyes. When I was in high school (two years ago xD) sometimes I did more, like I'd experiment with different eyeliner styles/colors and sometimes use eye shadow. Nowadays I only bother with it on special occasions, as I don't yet have a job or anything so I rarely leave the house and have no reason to bother. But last time I put on eyeliner, my eyes were very unhappy when I used Vaseline to remove it (like I always do), so I'll probably avoid eyeliner once I start working.

I've always disliked huge caked-on amounts of makeup, like if someone has to make their entire face out of makeup something is wrong to me. Unless you have, like, a skin condition for example. That's a different story.

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
Everyday!
Being a make-up aritst might have something to do with it..
Plus without makeup manic panic'ed hair makes you look pretty washed out!

I wear green concealer (A godsend for naturally red skin) white highlighter, foundation, translucent powder, blusher in 2 shades
and then eyebrow pencil, mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner..
and normally flash eyelashes too..
It sounds alot but i don't look like a drag queen honest! :P

Post Merge: July 10, 2012, 02:14:41 PM

I wish I knew how to apply makeup correctly. I cannot figure out how to do the top part of my eyes like in ZennaBug's pic..

A trick for that is apply extra to your bottom waterline (the inside of your eyes) and squeeze your eyes shut! it gets the makeup on the top half for you with no effort!
I personally lift my eyelids up cause I like my makeup really dark!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:14:41 PM by nearlyheadlessnayy »
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal