collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This has probably already been asked before, but...  (Read 1030 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: This has probably already been asked before, but...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
Awww! She looks so cute with freckles!! I wish she came with them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »
there is a little editing error in the show whenever applejack runs she has no freckles its probly cuz they use the samerun cycle over and over and when they made it they forgot freckles mybe thays why the toys dont have um

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »
I added freckles to my Applejack with white nail polish. She looks much more like herself with them. But why did they put eyebrows on her??

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:19 PM »
Oo Ooo! I bet I know why she has eyebrows.  I think when Hasbro designed the ponies, they must have had like 1 good picture of each of the mane 6 ponies, and here is what they used for AJ:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic/images/20527293/title/applejack-photo

Answer: To make her look sassy, and because she looks like that in the picture. I think they left off the freckles because they are tiny.

Also I think that is the same reason Rarity is missing some eyelashes is because she doesn't have them in the original picture of her.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:20:14 PM by BrightIdea »

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »
Strangely enough, the McDonald's G4 Applejack toys have freckles! ;)

As others have mentioned, Applejack toys tend to have "eye creases" screened on. Because her eyes are partially closed, the crease shape falls within the given eye area for the character's head, meaning that they can use the same manufacturing process and equipment for her as they would any other pony.

... That's my theory, anyway! :)
Her eyes are wide open, lots of other ponies have her same eyes and head mold that don't have eyebrows, she's unique in how only she has them. Her eyebrows are not in any indents.

Post Merge: July 09, 2012, 10:35:34 PM

Oo Ooo! I bet I know why she has eyebrows.  I think when Hasbro designed the ponies, they must have had like 1 good picture of each of the mane 6 ponies, and here is what they used for AJ:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic/images/20527293/title/applejack-photo

Answer: To make her look sassy, and because she looks like that in the picture. I think they left off the freckles because they are tiny.

Also I think that is the same reason Rarity is missing some eyelashes is because she doesn't have them in the original picture of her.
Pretty much that, same for RD's odd eye shape, and Twilight's pointier eyes, and Fluttershy's less eyelashes. Early art that was all they had at the time, Only Pinkie seemed to be set in stone from then.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:35:34 PM by Starly »
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 04:41:26 AM »
A-ha, "partially closed" wasn't the term! I was taking notice of how her eyes are not as tall as Pinkie's. :)

BrightIdea, Starly: awesome observation with the vector/package art. :)

I want to learn more about the development and production process! It's fascinating.

Binny

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 05:47:42 AM »
I'm guessing to save every penny they can.  >_< It's a shame because they're one of her defining features.

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 06:00:08 AM »
White gel pen works really well to add the freckles too. :)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 06:33:07 AM »
I've always been tempted to add freckles to all my G4 AJs.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 07:02:57 AM »
I think when Hasbro designed the ponies, they must have had like 1 good picture of each of the mane 6 ponies, and here is what they used for AJ:

Answer: To make her look sassy, and because she looks like that in the picture.
Ah, well, the thing is, in that cartoon image, Applejack actually needs the upper arches to remind the viewer of just how large her eyes are--that is, they are the eye creases for the 2D artwork.  But all the toys already have the whole eye shape indented, so it's totally unnecessary to press a drawing of a crease onto an actual crease, unless that's how they ensure the eyes are lined up properly, or unless they're trying to give Applejack "Weegee" eyes.

majikarte

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
I don't mind her not having freckles, and I think the eyebrows are really cute! I don't think I'd want to see the eyebrows on any other ponies though, they make AJ special.

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
That reminds me of another question I had.  In the G3 animated movies (before the New Look), I noticed that all the unicorns were drawn with eyebrows, but none of the other kinds of ponies were, except for StarSong in "StarSong and the Magic Dance Shoes".  I haven't collected many G3s yet, so does anyone know if there was a difference in how G3 unicorn eyes were molded compared to the rest?  If not, then what could have been the basis for that?

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:29 AM »

And they managed to miss the fact she has a hat, too.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal