collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony was new in box!  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony was new in box!
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
so i bought a pony from someone in the arena here and  i went to there ebay site i saw a beautiful  starsong witch  for 3.99 and  i was like oohht hats a good deal it was advertised as NEW in  box  mint codntion unsued unopenend.  so i'm like yay.  i bought it and waited for it to get here.  it ust got here today and i am unimpressed..  i  openend my  brown box expecting to find a beautiful pony  in a box what did i get?  i admit she does look  ok her tail looks a little  frizzy.  the box is NOT  new, she was indeed taken out and possibly played with. the back is taped with scotch tape in  5 difernet palces   in other palces the  plastic deosn't even TOUCH the   paper backing.  there is no way this is new in box as far as i know  hasbro doesnt soctch tape there ponys.  or am i mistaken?  its in a little  pumpkin shell.. it doesnt look new to me. i did  emailt eh seller.   is there casue for alarm?or is this how these ponys come?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I ust got a pony and it wasnt what i thought it was
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
Hasbro does use clear, shiny scotch tape on their packages.  The hair can also be unruly from the factory.  Pics and an auction link would really help us to give you advice. 
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:44:17 AM »
I am sorry to hear your not happy with your purchase.

As cookhuman mentioned a link to the auction would be helpful.  And if you could maybe take a picture of her to show what damage you are talking about would also be of help.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »
thanks guys.  so i spoke to someone who has the  pony as well. and  they said it shouldnt look like this.  i've seen pictuers of what it should look like.    and i emailed the person who did the lot to see if something can happen i've seen a couple  pictures of other ponys in this series.  so  i think it will work out allright.  thanks though.  i was ust a little  frustated earlier.  but i think it's gonna work out ^^

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
Well the pony did come in a pumpkin package, as you can see below.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/My-Little-Pony-G3-MIB-Starsong-Witch-Halloween-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMzU3/$(KGrHqJ,!mIE-eb+jOobBP0U)EYdD!~~60_35.JPG

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony was new in box!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »
On ebay, I sold Starsong witch - the one with the vclear pumpkin shaped box.  Anyways, the buyer is mad because they think I opened it and sealed it back up.  I collect G3s MIB only, so I never opened it up.  I bought it like that from Target and it just at with my other MIB g3s in my closet for a few years.  How can I prove this was how it was packaged?  This is absoultely ridiculous and makes me not want to sell on ebay anymore!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Pony was new in box!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »
 I just found a photo and will pm it because its on amazon. check your pm's.  Click on the second photo on the page..that shoes her in the clear pumpkin. ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:50:31 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
Some of the packaging for the G3s was terrible - scotch tape holding the bubbles to the card, all over the hair, half melted tape IN the hair...  :( 

Sounds like the buyer also is concerned about making this transaction work out:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,301850.0.html

*crosses hooves for all*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 02:46:58 PM »
I just saw this thread after starting one.  I only collect G3s MIB.  I have never in my life taken a G3 out of the box.  Starsong came packed like that when I bought her from Target.  So did the orange pony with the flower hat that came out that year.  I can't help Hasbro packed it with tape.  I have never opened or taped or done anything to that Starsong.  I'm very hurt by this accusation because I go out of my way to describe used and new items including anything wrong with the box like dents, card bends, etc.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
ok so heres the update i talked to the  seller and turns out.. tht it  wasn't a problem XD i have never before SEEN these pumpkin things  so of course  here i am assuming its coming in a box and  such so when i got it. i was upset but i calemd down talked to some people.. acutly  saw a picture of the other one. and  we worked thigns out. ther perosn was very nice we talked  things over. so thigns have worked out.  i just diidnt realizz that  the sides were open like they were. it LOKKS like it was retaped but it isnt.  i really didint like the  way hasbro did this design. but everyhtigns worked out! thanks everyone.

i am sorry agian.  i just  wasn't expecting it to be open on the sides like this. i've never before seen the g3s  taped like this. 

i think if yous ell any more of the pumpkin ones if you get soemone  who has  never seen them like myself  you should put that it came factory sealed like that. maybe take a picture of the side of it.  so they can see.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:48:27 PM by Lorelei Redfern »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
i did apoligize.  i had never seen  a pony scotch taped before. it never occured to me that  it was hasbro that did it.  but  i acutly  had a picture pmed  to me. so i am sorry again.  i had never seen the pumpkin ones before and had no idea that they were open like that. it honestly looks like soemone just retaped it up.   i am sorry agian.  but i am glad that everything worked out well.  i  got the pony in a good amount of time.  and sorry for hte mix up

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »
*pony hugs*  There was no rhyme or reason to most of Hasbro's cheapness in the G3 line.  I think they were experimenting with several different methods simultaneously!  :D

Glad to see you both were able to work this out! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
*pony hugs to all involved!*
The Bad Trader List

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
i did apoligize.  i had never seen  a pony scotch taped before. it never occured to me that  it was hasbro that did it.  but  i acutly  had a picture pmed  to me. so i am sorry again.  i had never seen the pumpkin ones before and had no idea that they were open like that. it honestly looks like soemone just retaped it up.   i am sorry agian.  but i am glad that everything worked out well.  i  got the pony in a good amount of time.  and sorry for hte mix up

Its okay!  We are good!  =-)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
I merged the threads since they were both talking about the same situation ;) I'm very glad to hear you both sorted things out now and it was just a misunderstanding :hug:  :bigups:  :hug:   some of Hasbro's packaging was a bit dodgy on the G3 line.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:47:10 PM by Ringlets »

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal