collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else's cat leave them dead mice everywhere?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Anyone else's cat leave them dead mice everywhere?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »
My outdoor kitty brings me dead baby moles. She's so proud of herself too.

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »
I read some where that it means she wants you to finish them if they are alive or eat them if they are dead. Its a cat thing
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »
We don't really have that problem. My cat stays indoors.

This. My baby has a habit of killing houseflies and leaving them around, though.. unless he's eaten them. :X
Fight like a girl..

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
Cats are hunters. They'll leave them for you as presents if you feed them, since they don't need to hunt to eat.

Some people say it is the cat's way of trying to repay you for feeding them.  The cat values you so much and all the good you do for them that they want to provide for you!  It is the highest compliment you can get from your cat and you should give them lots of love and petting if they bring you a "gift".

We have been feeding a stray cat for a couple years now and he JUST started leaving me presents. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
I thought cats left food for people because they thought the people couldn't hunt to feed themselves, so it was more like a pity thing? o3o

I don't have a cat, but when we lived out in the country, my dogs used to kill mice, chipmunks and sometimes wood chucks. :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:18:12 PM by TwistedWindSox »

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 02:28:16 PM »
My cat stays inside so he doesn't get to kill big things, though he'd sure like to. The birds outside have a tree right next to our window and like to land on the deck and he goes crazy watching them. He chatters his little teeth and if I go over there he'll look up at me and cry pathetically like "mommmmmy why can't I go get them?!"

The only thing he's ever gotten was this tiny ant sized bug struggling through the carpet and youd've thought it was a rabbit or something the way he was meowing at it XD

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
Mice, birds, bunnies.... Garfield is a wicked hunter, but he generally eats them,m and doesn't bring them in. Our old cat Caesar used to bring them in and try to make friends with mom who didn't like him... of course putting the head on her pillow was not the best way of making friends...^^;

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »
Its ridiculous here... I have five cats in the house (3 are fosters) and 3 large dogs.  Last year I noticed that the cats dry food bowl that is upstairs was getting empty pretty quick. So I was thinking they must all eat up there instead on downstairs. So, I got a huge bowl so they wouldnt be hungry. Well, that was empty pretty quick too. So I figured somthing was going on but for the life of me I couldnt figure it out. I was going through pounds of dry cat food daily. So, as I was happily feeding my very hungry cats everyday.

Then unfortunatly for us hurricane Irene struck. The wind from the storm blew the siding off of our house in some spots. I swear to God we were infested with mice!!!! They were living under our siding!! There were dozens of them, we couldnt believe it. The mice were everywere, once the storm stopped and we went outside the mice were scurrying all over the yard, and the wall of the house. My husband and I were standing there looking all over the back yard at the mice and siding!  Of course the dogs saw them and made quick work of some of them until we were able to get them in the house. We were able to catch around 30 live mice. I should have taken pictures of this. The insurance adjuster was surprised when he came out to view the damage, there were still mice coming out of the siding.

So my point is, I have very lazy cats who dont mind sharing there food with mice. Luckily we were able to get rid of them all, and got new siding.. but now I always leave mouse traps all around the house. Theres one in the bathroom, the celar, hell... theres even one under my bed. I really wish my cats would have caught them but I guess they thought it was beneth them.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 05:22:37 AM »
My kitty brought me in a rat a while ago and was she proud. It's usually mice though and she gets a special meow going that says "look at what I've got for you" until you acknowledge the 'gift' and pat her, at which she point she starts purring, sticks her tail in the air and head for the food bowl, winking over her shoulder at you. It is part of her ritual that you MUST see the 'gift' and tell her how great she is before she will eat.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 06:03:18 AM »
my old cats used to leave beheaded blue tits on the doorstep as i used to have an apple tree in next doors garden
oh and also some ones pet rabbit !!! (i dident tell them) oh and a pair of sogy underpants from some ones wash basket  !!! xaflamex

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »
On the topic of kitties killing things, mine has a huge vendetta against the hearth rug. He thinks he has to 'kill' it and attacks it frequently XD it's a horrible rug, I have clearly trained him well.. ;)
Fight like a girl..

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
Well... XD not MY cats exactly but my sister, who has an annoying habit of storing a lot of her things at my house, left her cat here once, it was an outside cat and I live in the woods so I was like yeah ok fine... I should have known this would back fire because almost everything that involves her does, the cat who was a female was not fixed. Very shortly after she was left she made "friends" with another of the local strays and next thing I know we have 3 kittens. Luckily they were all re-homed when they were ready, but then she got pregnant again, this time she had 5 and only a few were re-homed and I was starting to wonder if she was ever going to take care of this cat that had now become "cats"

Anyway they lived in our garage and since we live on a lake there was no end to like dead frogs, birds, voles, and chipmunks -_-
The only advantage I had to having strey cats around was I never had smelly food scraps in my garbage because they ate them lol.

However I'm happy to say that Im back down to my original 2 inside cats xD all the streys moved on or were re-homed, it still stresses me out to think about it xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
On the topic of kitties killing things, mine has a huge vendetta against the hearth rug. He thinks he has to 'kill' it and attacks it frequently XD it's a horrible rug, I have clearly trained him well.. ;)
Hehe! Mine likes to use the rugs as scratching posts, which is fine with me since they're old and dirty anyways and it's better than the furniture.

Sam has a vendetta against that big talking pinkie pie. I made her sing and "dance" for him and he has hated her ever since (i don't blame him). The other day he walked up to her, smacked her in the face, then walked away XD

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »
My kitty Simon is not really a "big game" hunter. He just goes after bugs. My dog Honey Bee, on the other hand, kills birds, bunnies, squirrels, and digs up moles all the time. She rips her kills apart and leaves bits of them around the yard. My other dog, Zeus, wouldn't chase a squirrel if it had a steak tied to it- he's so lazy.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
My current cats are indoor cats, but the cat I used to have, Leo, was an outdoor cat as well as an avid hunter. I used to sit outside on a swing and listen to music every day, and sometimes, he would go outside with me and guard me. It was quite adorable, the way he would sit so still and alert while I was swinging, and then he'd go inside when I did. XD But anyway, he obviously knew where my favorite place outside was, so he knew that if he left me dead things at my swing, I'd find them. It was quite disgusting -- I'll never forget the morning I went outside and found a chipmunk's intestines sitting there, next to a tiny disembodied paw.

Another story about Leo... Once, he ran past me carrying something in his mouth. IT WAS STILL MOVING. I ran after him to stop him, and it turned out it was a baby bunny. The poor thing died in my arms, and I was heartbroken...  :cry: A few months later, Leo ran past me again with a bunny in his mouth, and I chased him down and he dropped it and the bunny ran off. I felt good that I was able to save that one, since I couldn't save the first one...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal