collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies vs. the mail system  (Read 1421 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Ponies vs. the mail system
« on: July 07, 2012, 04:30:28 PM »
I probably have one of the worst mail services around here. @_@ Anyway today the mail lady left one package that needed a verified signature on the top of my car...and she took another package back to the post office that needed a signature to be signed for. I do not understand this method? haha, I don't mind waiting on a pony. My post people are just weird. They are also bad about leaving packages on top of the mailbox or on the ground beside it. :blink:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Ponies vs. the mail system
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
The post people here are also awful. I live in apartment, and USPS has shoved things in the small mailbox that belonged in the big ones and completely tore up their packaging. Usually they're okay because I tend to get small packages, not large ones, but I've still had my fair share of crushed packages, torn packing, etc. At least only one package has actually arrived with the contents injured.

UPS here makes me want to rip my hair out. The delivery people knock as quietly as possible, drop the package if it doesn't need a signature, and RUN back to their truck. I've taken 10-20 seconds to answer the door and the truck is already completely gone. I was home yesterday when they "tried to deliver" a package. Someone was always close enough to hear a real knock on the door, but somehow we "missed" the delivery. Yeah right.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
OMG Exactly! We were actually both here today, both our cars here ect...and never was there a knock at the door. They do it all the time, and actually our mail lady hates to get out of her car. I was surprised she put the package on my car. I can only think she brought the packages to the door because we had to sign for them, didn't want to carry them both back.

We've always had trouble with them not leaving the sign slip. Then I get these calls about packages being returned to the seller....but I never knew the post office had them to begin with. :huh:

Formerly Maddie

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »
My post office is weird about packages sometimes too.  *shrug*

OT, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your avi!!!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
UPS here makes me want to rip my hair out. The delivery people knock as quietly as possible, drop the package if it doesn't need a signature, and RUN back to their truck. I've taken 10-20 seconds to answer the door and the truck is already completely gone. I was home yesterday when they "tried to deliver" a package. Someone was always close enough to hear a real knock on the door, but somehow we "missed" the delivery. Yeah right.

THIS! UPS showed up yesterday to deliver a super-heavy, super-huge computer desk. He knocked and bolted! I went right to the door and he had left the box out in front of the garage and he clearly saw me struggling by myself to get the box to the door, but drove off anyway.

So far my local USPS has been good. They leave my packages on the front stoop, which I'm good with. We'll see if they stay good. Ha ha!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
I had one UPS person leave a package under my doormat when I was out of the house. I guess that's good?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »

That sounds like FedEx around here. They won't knock at all, they just run halfway to the door, toss the package on the porch, and run back to the truck. I also never know what time of day they'll arrive so I can watch for them. Otherwise, if I don't know a package is there and don't take it in immediately, it will get stolen. I live in a trailer park and with so many people living out here, it's too easy for someone to see a package and grab it. Oh, and a few times a package will get near my hometown too early, and instead of delivering it, they'll let it sit for several days, holding it hostage until the 5 days or whatever is up. I hate that. I also hate that service where they drop a package off to the USPS after several days, then it takes several more days for the post office to deliver it. It's so pointless. They're like a completely unnecessary middle man.

UPS, on the other hand is great. The driver has been working there for more than a decade because I knew him from back when I worked at a local comic book shop around 2001 and he would do pick ups for our online sales. I've never had a package get damaged or lost and it always arrives really quickly, like within 4 days, no matter where it came from originally. He always comes out here around 1pm and when he stops the truck, he honks so I know he's there. While I'm usually at the door by the time he gets there, (I try to save him time) I've had a few times where I was in my bedroom and didn't hear him honk over the AC unit, and those times, he'd knock and wait until I got to the door. Usually, if I have a choice, I'll always pick UPS for any packages. I also really like their tracking system.

The post office, for the most part is usually ok, but they're kind of expensive, have bad tracking (if I even get a tracking number) and tend to be slow. For the most part, our regular mail carrier is ok. She does always bring all the mail to the door, knocks and hands everything to me if we have a package, where a sub would just put the rest of the mail in the mailbox, then drop the package on the porch without knocking. Of course, if the package is small enough, she just shoves it in the box because then she doesn't have to leave the truck and we've had a few packages get wedged in there wrong a few times.

Oh, and Amazon has used a service called Ensenda, which I hate. Besides the odd tracking (it usually tells me it's out for delivery in Indiana, when I live in Illinois) you never know who will actually deliver the package or when they'll show up. Usually it will be a random guy in a rental truck, ond time it was a guy in a normal looking SUV, but it just seems really unprofessional because they don't have any uniform or any signage on the car or truck. I know the first time they came, I was actually scared to answer the door since I was home alone and this big, burly looking guy wearing an old t-shirt and filthy jeans gets out of a U-Haul and walks up to my door. I did open it and he just shoved the box at me and took off. Another time, it was an ex-boyfriend of mine who I hadn't seen in 10 years, but we broke up after he threatened to kill me if I ever cheated, so I wasn't thrilled about him getting to see where I currently live. Luckily, I'm pretty sure he didn't recognize me. I really wish Amazon didn't use them. Or at least, I wish they'd give me a choice. I'd gladly pay a bit more for UPS shipping.

xoVanille

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »
I hate FedEx smart post. :/ I would have my wedding castle today if they hadn't dropped it off at my local P.O. Now I have to wait until Monday.
I've had things get lost in transit too, like a Lily Blossom that I never got. *sigh*

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
If you say a kind word or maybe get your mail lady a small gift for Christmas then it really does change the attitude :) She will remember and your kindness and take the time to deliver your packages properly and with care. That's what happened with mine anyway ^.^ Even though she's scared of my dogs, she will always set the package at my door! :)
My Wish List

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »
Oh Shen, I know your way is probably the best. I've done it before with janitors and secretaries at school to have better relations and get my classroom taken care of better. It's just some things really annoy me. The mail service is one of the better paying jobs for someone without a college degree (I'm not saying it's not hard. Wife did it for a while and hated it)...I hate to have to more or less bribe someone to do their job.

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 03:47:24 AM »
I honestly dont seem to have issues with Royal Mail when receiving as my post man "signs" for parcels for me! But Royal Mail sending at the moment is not my friend with pony parcels...one which took 2 attempts and another I have just learned has been "in the royal mail wind" for a couple of weeks...grrrrr
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:57 AM »
The mail guys here are usually pretty awesome. The nice dude left a note in English for us that we could pick up our package today. That was super nice of him  :)

I did have one dumb thing that happened though. I got a notice that I had a package, so I went to pick it up. The lady that was there couldn't find the package, so she gave up and said "I can't do anything". I was like "umm what?" and my husband was "is there a phone number we can call or something?".

I was grumpy, so I asked the lady if I could look for the package myself.  I went back into their closet, and you know what? I found the package  :cool:

I am not usually pushy, but I am glad I stood up for myself.

Water_Fire

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 04:49:57 AM »
I sent a custom out through Royal Mail once, and the buyer told me it got to her totally wrecked. Apparently it had been left out in the rain or something, as the package was soaking and the head had come off! Deeply unimpressed.

QueenGusty

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »
My postman is so lazy-I had two poneis arrive, in different packages, the distribution had wrapped them together in an elastic and because he couldn't be bothered taking off the elastic band and shoving them through individually, he left a missed delivery card! Argh. I had to go into town and was fuming when I realised what he COULD have done. Lazy!

Carrie

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »
My postman is so lazy-I had two poneis arrive, in different packages, the distribution had wrapped them together in an elastic and because he couldn't be bothered taking off the elastic band and shoving them through individually, he left a missed delivery card! Argh. I had to go into town and was fuming when I realised what he COULD have done. Lazy!

I honestly can't echo this enough, it constantly happens with my packages. They shove an elastic band around it even if it is marked 'fragile' and usually arrive at the most obscure times.. the most recent card I recieved was at '9:07am'?! :what: They usually knock once (despite the fact we have a doorbell) and then scarper, without waiting for even a minute. Which means trekking right over to the other side of town to the delivery office.

I'd actually prefer it if they did something sensible like leave the package in our porch, or even with the neighbours. Sending ponies isn't my friend either, because prices have gone up over the past few months and it costs an absolute bomb.
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal