collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!  (Read 38557 times)

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!
« Reply #690 on: January 31, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »
She looks great Puku! I left my mummy bald too. Her wig is fantastic, but it just doesn't look right on her. I think she just needs to be bald. Her head shape and proportions are perfect for no hair.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #691 on: January 31, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
I should take pics of mine soon but she really doesn't have anything to wear. Her stock dress is more like kitchy night gown than an actual dress imo. It'll probably be awhile before I rehair her too (which I'm planning on having be a reverse cleo, with mostly gold and streaks of black and brown)

ya'll's look so pretty :heart:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #692 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
Pukunui  That is the best photo of her.
If you get her rehaired I would love to see her in different blended gold's with some very dark brown chocolate hair underneath.
That would look pretty cool, I think. I don't know how to rehair dolls, though.  :huh:

I like the mod on her jewelry.  They are far more noticeable that way.
Cool! That's what I was hoping.

I feel like most of the gold jewelry fades into the characters so much since they have no depth.  ANd she is of course stunning, I like the CAM mummy far better than Cleo.
Yes! Well, I quite like my Cleo (I've got the School's Out one), but I do wish she looked a little more mummy-ish. But I guess maybe the mummy from The Mummy looks alive when he's reconstituted, so maybe that's the look they were going for with them. I've decided it's because the de Niles are royals and have access to special magic that makes them look alive.

I'm still trying to decide which Cleo I like most, I do love the mummy and most likely would make her into something elegant and modern. I haven't seen the new CAMs in stores to decide if I want the other ones. You did a really lovely job on the CAM. I love the hat on her too.
Thanks. I like School's Out Cleo the best.

She looks great Puku! I left my mummy bald too. Her wig is fantastic, but it just doesn't look right on her. I think she just needs to be bald. Her head shape and proportions are perfect for no hair.

Oh I love that green sparkly dress on her! And yes, the purple and black wig is a great wig, but it doesn't look good on her. I think it's partly the fringe. I tried all my other wigs, and some were OK, but in the end, I think she just looks awesome bald. And why not? She is a mummy after all.

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
pukunui I have only done two working on my third one right now.
It takes time unless your are Ravie. ;)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #694 on: January 31, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »
pukunui I have only done two working on my third one right now.
It takes time unless your are Ravie. ;)
LOL. Nice. I might try it one day. I've found that my RPG mini painting skills have transferred well to MH doll accessory painting. Who knows where it might lead?

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 31, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
Yes next thing you know it's crossover time.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 01, 2013, 07:56:15 AM »
Does anyone know a good match for the upper arms and thighs for the Unicorn pink/purple-ish parts? If I can't find a good match, I was thinking about trying white CAM parts instead.  >_< Though, I don't know if I can find the parts I need in white?
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 01, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »
Have you tried the vampire CAM? She's a pinky shade, so if it looks right maybe her inner pink fades to lavender as it reaches her fingers?

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 01, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
Vampire CAM is a bit too dark, at least in comparison to the Unicorn/Mystical pinky/purple shade. Can we sun fade CAM parts?
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 01, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
Does anyone know a good match for the upper arms and thighs for the Unicorn pink/purple-ish parts? If I can't find a good match, I was thinking about trying white CAM parts instead.  >_< Though, I don't know if I can find the parts I need in white?

I'm with you hear- I just got the unicorn and I love her but I really want some parts to finish her! I wounder which of the pinkish parts are the closest match... and if any one has and pink upper arms,  thighs, or a spare warecat tail (any color) drop me a message XD

she isn't much yet but hear is my girl so far- I didn't like how flat her face was so I sculpted some lips and eyes for her and I'm working on crating a white gradient with pearly paint to do her makeup on top of. I also started in on making her some hoof boots and a shirt- next step is to add fluffy fur to the boots to make them look like heavily feathered Clydesdale feet. Then I have to start giving her hair~ this could take a while XD

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #700 on: February 01, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »

I'm ind of amazed at how few of my own CaMs aren't done x_x I still have er...Mummy, Bee, Werewolf, Ghost, Sea Monster, Vamp Boy and Puma...7 on hand that NEED HAIR x_x oh well, I don't pay myself so it's ok that I'm slow XD I included my mummy cuz she's new n I had her put together and not in the box yet ^^; She has no name yet either

My sharp dressed men :D gettin kinda sick of that outfit for Ichy, I guess I need to get him another outfit made that fits better and suits him more.

anyhoo, sorry for the sucky pics

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 02, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »
she isn't much yet but hear is my girl so far- I didn't like how flat her face was so I sculpted some lips and eyes for her and I'm working on crating a white gradient with pearly paint to do her makeup on top of. I also started in on making her some hoof boots and a shirt- next step is to add fluffy fur to the boots to make them look like heavily feathered Clydesdale feet. Then I have to start giving her hair~ this could take a while XD

Did you keep all the face decals? I really like a few of them but I'd rather have a painted face than decals... I've never had any good experiences with them.  >_<

I don't like mismatching ( earlier CAMs ) so I always passed them up. When I saw thew unicorn head dress I had to have it. I love the idea of using the cat tail as a unicorn tail <3 If I find a good match for the torso and lower limbs, I'll let you know.

Ravie Ooh, now I need to get the Sea Monster CAM again! Your crew is impressive!
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »

Did you keep all the face decals? I really like a few of them but I'd rather have a painted face than decals... I've never had any good experiences with them.  >_<

I don't like mismatching ( earlier CAMs ) so I always passed them up. When I saw thew unicorn head dress I had to have it. I love the idea of using the cat tail as a unicorn tail <3 If I find a good match for the torso and lower limbs, I'll let you know.

Ravie Ooh, now I need to get the Sea Monster CAM again! Your crew is impressive!

yes I still have all the decals that came with her... not sure what I'm going to do with them though~ likely I'll just end up trading them off latter if there's any interest.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 02, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
Sanadaookami: I love your unicorn! I've always wanted a unicorn but never picked up the CAM b/c of the flat face.. your sculpting looks fantastic, tho - That's how they should have made her! ..but, well, I know she's supposed to go with the lab and all. Bleh.. xD

I stumbled upon the Gorgon/Mummy pack when I was rushing past the toy store close to my university on Thursday. And even tho I have a set in the mail I could not pass them up- UGH.. XD (I wanted a second Gorgon to give her a new custom face-up, tho.. and I can always sell the Mummy I guess)

Anyways, here she's hanging out with Ghost Girl, who's still waiting for her wig to arrive. :P

( sorry for the quality.. workload has been crazy this week, so I could not be bothered to set up my camera.. took a cellphone pic instead. ;o; )

I think she's my favourite CAM now! ..I've loved Medusa since forever, but Deuce was never monstery enough for me. She's perfect tho!! :'D

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »

Spoiler
( sorry for the quality.. workload has been crazy this week, so I could not be bothered to set up my camera.. took a cellphone pic instead. ;o; )

I think she's my favourite CAM now! ..I've loved Medusa since forever, but Deuce was never monstery enough for me. She's perfect tho!! :'D
She is amazing isn't she? I have to figure out an outfit and name for mine, but she is my favorite by far!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal