collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 eBay problems!  (Read 930 times)

kirei_na_sakura

• Trade Count: (0)
2 eBay problems!
« on: July 07, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »
So my first problem is that I purchased ponies and received someone else's package. I understand the mix-up, mistakes happen, but the seller wants me to ship them back (obviously) though has not offered to reimburse me. (Now that I look at her messages, she hasn't even apologized for the mistake!) But anyways, I should ask for her to reimburse me to send the ponies back to her, since I have already paid shipping, correct?
I'm not a seller, but if I was, I would be apologizing a thousand times over and offering to reimburse for shipping at the very least. Am I expecting too much?

Second, I received a pony yesterday with wet slimy hair. I think the "slimy" part is conditioner, but still, it skeeved me out. At least let the hair dry before shipping it out! Do you think I should mention something to the seller or am I just overreacting?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2 eBay problems!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »
First issue: The seller should pay for the return shipping.  It was their mistake.  You did nothing wrong to warrant being out the shipping cost of returning someone else's package.  I would definitely ask to be refunded for the cost of shipping. 

Second issue: If the quality of the pony wasn't up to your standards I think it would be a good idea to contact them and let them know and give them a chance to work with you.  If they refuse you can take more serious measures for your refund.  If it is conditioner then it was just laziness on the sellers part to not rinse it well.  Check the package to make sure it isn't damaged.  The heat we've had can make things go a little wonky.  But if you approach them, then they will know for next time.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:36 AM »
Can't you just pop it back at the post office and say, this person doesn't live here and they'll return to sender?

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
She's already opened the package so having it returned to sender wouldn't work. As then it would be implied that she opened someone else's mail.

I would definitely not pay postage on that. It was the sellers mistake.

And I've had a few ponies come to me with conditioned wet slimy hair. Some have been from a swap. Although inconvenient for you and completely lazy on the sender for not waiting for it to dry it isn't that terrible I guess. It doesn't jeopardize the condition of the pony at least.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
She's already opened the package so having it returned to sender wouldn't work. As then it would be implied that she opened someone else's mail.

I would definitely not pay postage on that. It was the sellers mistake.

And I've had a few ponies come to me with conditioned wet slimy hair. Some have been from a swap. Although inconvenient for you and completely lazy on the sender for not waiting for it to dry it isn't that terrible I guess. It doesn't jeopardize the condition of the pony at least.

won't encourage mildew or mould?

I've done the letter thing before. jsut tape it back up and say that's how you got it xD

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:31:56 PM »
So my first problem is that I purchased ponies and received someone else's package. I understand the mix-up, mistakes happen, but the seller wants me to ship them back (obviously) though has not offered to reimburse me. (Now that I look at her messages, she hasn't even apologized for the mistake!) But anyways, I should ask for her to reimburse me to send the ponies back to her, since I have already paid shipping, correct?
I'm not a seller, but if I was, I would be apologizing a thousand times over and offering to reimburse for shipping at the very least. Am I expecting too much?

Second, I received a pony yesterday with wet slimy hair. I think the "slimy" part is conditioner, but still, it skeeved me out. At least let the hair dry before shipping it out! Do you think I should mention something to the seller or am I just overreacting?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Yes, the seller absolutely needs to reimburse you for shipping. In fact, I would not ship until they send you the money.

As for the pony with wet hair - this happens a lot with people who don't know much about ponies. I would send the seller a message like "Thank you so much for giving the pony a bath before you sent her, but unfortunately her hair was still wet when she was shipped. When ponies are sealed in a package still damp, it can cause mold and damage them. It didn't happen in this case, but I wanted to let you know so it won't be an issue for you in the future :)"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 04:58:34 AM »
Just tell the seller that sent the slimy hair about the mistake. That way she will learn.

For the 1st seller tell her straight out that you aren't going to pay for the return shipping...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 05:13:49 AM »
Personally I would email the seller about the hair.  I am sure it was not done deliberately but she may be willing to rectify the situation for you.  These things do happen and if it is only conditoner, it can be rinsed out pretty easy.

And the mix-up with the ponies, it is the seller's responsibility to make sure you have the fund's to ship the ponies back.  It is her fault not your's.  And yes she should have apologized for the mistake.  I know I have messed a couple packages up over the years and I have actually sent enough to cover to send it back and a few dollars extra for the trouble.  But that's me and I feel if it's my fault then it is only fair to make sure I compensate my buyer.  I would not feel bad about emailing her and suggesting that you would feel more comfortable if she sent you payment first to cover your shipping costs.  It's not an unreasonable request.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »
I cant really add anything else here , but I'm gonna agree with the advice you already have :
 in the first situation   : where are peoples manners these days?! she should have apologised for the mix up. Mistakes happen to everyone at one time or another..   but you totally should not be paying for your sellers mistake. She needs to pay to have those items shipped , not you  :awake:
In the second situation, it happens quite often that sellers dont give the pony time to dry before sending it, or they put too much conditioner in the hair and it gives it that greasy feeling. Sending the seller a polite message will help her improve in her future sales (hopefully!) . I like the message that babystarz suggested ;)  in the meantime , a good wash should improve the texture of the hair and remove the slimy conditioner.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal